MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 May 2018, 01:47

Our new kitty. She's 8 mos. old and Derek named her Julia.

fange

Postby fange » 09 May 2018, 01:58

She's a cutey, Sloop.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 May 2018, 02:10

sloopjohnc wrote:Our new kitty. She's 8 mos. old and Derek named her Julia.

Adorable!!!!!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 May 2018, 02:11

We bought our first house together today. We are sat in the backyard now with a bottle of champagne grinning like schoolkids :)

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

fange

Postby fange » 09 May 2018, 02:41

Congratulations! Enjoy.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 09 May 2018, 05:02

Could be Roscoe's sister.
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 09 May 2018, 08:06

Minnie the Minx wrote:We bought our first house together today. We are sat in the backyard now with a bottle of champagne grinning like schoolkids :)

Brilliant! Congratulations. Photos soon, I hope.

NMB

Postby NMB » 09 May 2018, 10:27

Hugh wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:We bought our first house together today. We are sat in the backyard now with a bottle of champagne grinning like schoolkids :)

Brilliant! Congratulations. Photos soon, I hope.

And invitations. Owning your own home is wonderful, even if you do spend every spare minute on decorating and maintenance.
turn on, tune in, nod off

NMB

Postby NMB » 09 May 2018, 10:29

Oh and a house isn't a home without a cat or six.
turn on, tune in, nod off

Nuts

Postby Nuts » 09 May 2018, 11:48

We have a new dog which I would post a picture of but I stupidly can't remember how to put photos on here!!
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best…

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 May 2018, 15:31

NMB wrote:Oh and a house isn't a home without a cat or six.

I want 60!

Dr Markus wrote:

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 09 May 2018, 16:31

But, is it a yard, or is it a garden?
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 May 2018, 16:57

Good for you.

Pictures?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 May 2018, 16:58

My son has been getting into cooking. Last night, he made a banana bread cake that I took into work.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 09 May 2018, 19:17

That is absolutely fantastic news! Congrats!
I run out of talent

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 09 May 2018, 19:19

Great stuff x
Lovely cat, sloop
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 09 May 2018, 20:16

I picked a female blackbird off the road today , I thought it was dead but I could see its head duck as cars passed over it , not a mark on it. I hoped it was stunned , I could feel it's heartbeat.

I knew it was close to death so I held it in my hands. I didn't want it to die alone on the road. It's head slowly flopped to one side and it was gone.

Silly , but I just couldn't leave it there.
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 May 2018, 21:06

Nuts wrote:We have a new dog which I would post a picture of but I stupidly can't remember how to put photos on here!!

Maybe your dog knows.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 May 2018, 21:07

jimboo wrote:I picked a female blackbird off the road today , I thought it was dead but I could see its head duck as cars passed over it , not a mark on it. I hoped it was stunned , I could feel it's heartbeat.

I knew it was close to death so I held it in my hands. I didn't want it to die alone on the road. It's head slowly flopped to one side and it was gone.

that's sad.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 May 2018, 21:45

jimboo wrote:I picked a female blackbird off the road today , I thought it was dead but I could see its head duck as cars passed over it , not a mark on it. I hoped it was stunned , I could feel it's heartbeat.

Good for you. Roadkill is the most depressing thing I can think of, and here in Texas we are surrounded by it. I always stop and check wherever it isn't life threatening for me to do so, and move animals to a bin or the side of the road so that other animals don't die trying to get to the carcass and really, just so that the animals have some dignity. Watching a squirrel getting smeared up and down the road with nobody stopping is fucking awful.

And good for you for checking. We have a fantastic wildlife rescue centre here, and they take anything, and I mean ANYTHING that you find. Some of the things I've taken:

A squirrel that I saw get knocked over when I was out running. I brought it home as it was dying and it was 100 degrees outside. I put it in a cool box and a couple of hours later, it was still alive. The fucker had blood coming from its arse and ears. But it was alive. The rescue centre rehabilitated it for nine months and set it free in a garden at one of their volunteer's houses where it went on to live a happy life.

A tiny possum baby that had been ejected from it's dead mother's pouch in front of our house. All the other babies were dead except for this one tiny one, the size of my little finger. It was wriggling in the road. It's a miracle it didn't get run over. The rehab centre took it in and it went on to live a happy life.

A dead possum with all its babies still attached to its nipples. Given that they are nocturnal and we found it in a rainy road at 10am, people must have been driving round it and ignoring it for hours. It had several live babies still suckling. We took mum and babies still attached to the rehab centre. Guess what - they all went on to live a happy life.

The most recent story was just a couple of weeks ago. We were out househunting and drove past something moving in the road. I got out to find a rat with its head in a trap. Nearby, a guy was sat in his garage watching me. I felt certain that he had thrown it out of his garage. It was squealing and trying to get out. We keep a box with blankets in the car for situations just like this. I put it in the box and we took it to the woods to see if it was well enough to release. I unclamped the trap and the rat, with one eye half lolling out and crushed teeth ran up my arm towards my face and made a leap for freedom, but landed on the ground and ran around in a circle squealing. We knew it wouldn't last in the wild so we took it to the rehab centre. I was in touch with them last week and yes - guess what - it's got a wonky neck, but it's sat happily in a cage eating tons of snacks and generally thinking itself lucky.

Some of our trips out of town are heartbreaking - deer almost broken in half, armadillos, raccoons, possums, cats, skunks, and even dogs (lots of dogs actually - one ran out into the motorway one christmas and I know the car behind us probably hit it). It completely warms my heart to know that there are people just cheerfully fixing wounded wildlife and asking for no money in return. God knows by the time I leave Texas I will have delivered them an arkful.

Dr Markus wrote: