MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Wally Bingbang
Long Player
Posts: 39999
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Wally Bingbang » 21 Mar 2018, 11:05

I saw a girl on the streetcar yesterday, reading this:

Image

Holding it right up in front of her face, so that everybody could see it.

I think she's doing it wrong.

Or maybe not...
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 23027
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby never/ever » 21 Mar 2018, 12:11

Six String wrote:Thanks, that is the reason for attempting this Herculean task. I know it won't be easy but I really feel I need to try and get away from these narcotics if I can.


Take care mate- it's awesome that you take the step and in such a measured way too.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

Six String
Posts: 20127
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 21 Mar 2018, 17:20

So far so good. As soon as I get my new medical card for my retirement coverage I am going to shop for a new doctor. I'm covered going back to March 1 but it will be less confusing if I have my new membership number, etc. It should be arriving any time now.

User avatar
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29515
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 22 Mar 2018, 01:34

Good! :)
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise
Posts: 15594
Joined: 09 Oct 2008, 07:16
Location: Antiterra

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Belle Lettre » 22 Mar 2018, 07:01

Good luck with it, Six String :)
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Six String
Posts: 20127
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 22 Mar 2018, 17:15

Since some are showing concern I want to pass on some good news. It might seem small but it isn't to me. I've usually tried to time my percoset dose near bedtime and it has meant that four hours later my body has woken up to tell me it was time to take another. I keep the pills on my night stand so I could take it without getting out of bed. Ladt night I slept six hours before that waking moment to take my pill. On top of that I am feeling really great this morning. Not sure if it was better sleep or not but I think it is more than that. I feel lighter and more energetic and generally in a happier mood. It's the best I've felt since starting this process a week ago. I think it tells me I am on the right path and I've crossed some line. Coincidently a friend is taking me to dinner for a planned celebration of my retirement at one of our favorite restaurants in town. We've been trying to do this for a few weeks but I caught a cold two weeks ago and I wanted to wait until it had cleared out to celebrate. So I think I'll be celebrating two milestones in my life instead of one. I am really encouraged by this change in my body that appeared to happen overnight. Onward and upward!

User avatar
Wally Bingbang
Long Player
Posts: 39999
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Wally Bingbang » 22 Mar 2018, 19:26

Good stuff, Les. I hope it keeps going in this direction for you.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Six String
Posts: 20127
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 22 Mar 2018, 22:46

Thanks Harv!

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 39443
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Charlie O. » 23 Mar 2018, 04:45

Excellent!
Image

Six String
Posts: 20127
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 23 Mar 2018, 05:06

I went to an acoustic music jam tonight. I just took some harmonicas and played mostly in the background. I wanted to size up the crowd and see if I want to drag guitars and hand drums down there although it's only five minutes from my house. They meet once a month at that spot though there's a circuit in town. I've been away from my guitars and drums for a few years. I mean I've played but the times are short and infrequent and it has been months since I played a guitar over a year for my drumset. Pretty sad. So I'm using this jam session to goad me into playing. I don't want to embarrass myself so I will practice. It might be just the little push I need to get back to playing. I miss playing music so much. Need to get back into it.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 23027
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby never/ever » 23 Mar 2018, 10:15

Hope that muse won't leave you anytime soon mate. Just having that makes everything so much easier to bear.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

User avatar
fange
Posts: 12747
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby fange » 23 Mar 2018, 10:34

Go get em, Les! Enjoy it, onwards and upwards.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
Wally Bingbang
Long Player
Posts: 39999
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Wally Bingbang » 23 Mar 2018, 11:21

Two weeks to go until my band stages our epic rock musical. Tensions were a bit high during rehearsals last night as our fearless leader has added ANOTHER BRAND NEW SONG and changed the arrangements on a couple more. It all got sorted out in the end, but we've only got three more rehearsals. Ugh, I hate crunch time.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
fange
Posts: 12747
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby fange » 23 Mar 2018, 11:31

Good luck, harv!
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29515
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 23 Mar 2018, 17:13

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Two weeks to go until my band stages our epic rock musical. Tensions were a bit high during rehearsals last night as our fearless leader has added ANOTHER BRAND NEW SONG and changed the arrangements on a couple more. It all got sorted out in the end, but we've only got three more rehearsals. Ugh, I hate crunch time.


Wait what now???
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29515
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 23 Mar 2018, 17:13

Six String wrote:I went to an acoustic music jam tonight. I just took some harmonicas and played mostly in the background. I wanted to size up the crowd and see if I want to drag guitars and hand drums down there although it's only five minutes from my house. They meet once a month at that spot though there's a circuit in town. I've been away from my guitars and drums for a few years. I mean I've played but the times are short and infrequent and it has been months since I played a guitar over a year for my drumset. Pretty sad. So I'm using this jam session to goad me into playing. I don't want to embarrass myself so I will practice. It might be just the little push I need to get back to playing. I miss playing music so much. Need to get back into it.



Excellent Les! Let's do a show together! :)
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Wally Bingbang
Long Player
Posts: 39999
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Wally Bingbang » 23 Mar 2018, 17:26

Alleged Local Policeman wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:Two weeks to go until my band stages our epic rock musical. Tensions were a bit high during rehearsals last night as our fearless leader has added ANOTHER BRAND NEW SONG and changed the arrangements on a couple more. It all got sorted out in the end, but we've only got three more rehearsals. Ugh, I hate crunch time.


Wait what now???


https://www.facebook.com/events/255479321659765/permalink/255479741659723/
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Six String
Posts: 20127
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 23 Mar 2018, 18:55

Alleged Local Policeman wrote:
Six String wrote:I went to an acoustic music jam tonight. I just took some harmonicas and played mostly in the background. I wanted to size up the crowd and see if I want to drag guitars and hand drums down there although it's only five minutes from my house. They meet once a month at that spot though there's a circuit in town. I've been away from my guitars and drums for a few years. I mean I've played but the times are short and infrequent and it has been months since I played a guitar over a year for my drumset. Pretty sad. So I'm using this jam session to goad me into playing. I don't want to embarrass myself so I will practice. It might be just the little push I need to get back to playing. I miss playing music so much. Need to get back into it.



Excellent Les! Let's do a show together! :)


Yes!

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 63052
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 23 Mar 2018, 20:04

My ex just sent me this, Fathers' Day, nine years ago. Our 22 year-old was 13 and our 15 year-old was five. My dad woulda been around 80.

Image
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 25005
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby souphound » 23 Mar 2018, 20:30

sloopjohnc wrote:My ex just sent me this, Fathers' Day, nine years ago. Our 22 year-old was 13 and our 15 year-old was five. My dad woulda been around 80.

Image



Sweet
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.