MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jeemo

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jeemo » 14 Mar 2018, 16:04

sloopjohnc wrote:Last night with the extended sunlight, my son and his buddy who lives on our apt complex decided to bike to the hardware store to get a laser pointer at around 7pm.

They didn't lock the bikes up in the bike racks near the front of the store, but decided to park and lock them in an unlit, unpopulated area away from the store. Hence, my $700 bike was stolen after they bought the $2 laser pointer.

I was not very happy when I learned of their exploits.

My son always asks me when I ask him what he thinks are obvious questions, "Do you think I'm stupid?"

This morning, I said, "You know when you ask me, 'Do you think I'm stupid?'" He didn't say anything.

I said, "Here's where it applies as a 'yes.'"

That's a sore one.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Mar 2018, 17:18

I got a text fairly late last night from my cousin's rehab center where's he's going back to after the hospital.

It's official - he has cirrhosis of the liver and can never drink again. If he does, he'll need a transplant and has to stay dry at least six mos before they'll even consider him for a liver.

I've known folks who are waiting for liver transplants. They're not easy to get and it can take awhile to get one.
OCT wrote:Roger Waters is a cunt and his music is fucking shit.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Mar 2018, 23:31

sloopjohnc wrote:I got a text fairly late last night from my cousin's rehab center where's he's going back to after the hospital.

It's official - he has cirrhosis of the liver and can never drink again. If he does, he'll need a transplant and has to stay dry at least six mos before they'll even consider him for a liver.

I've known folks who are waiting for liver transplants. They're not easy to get and it can take awhile to get one.

Not so fast, I guess. My cousin is back in the hospital because he had increased levels of ammonia enzymes.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 Mar 2018, 11:28

Does anyone have that loud co worker that thinks they're they life and soul of the party 24/7? Cunts!
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

NMB

Postby NMB » 15 Mar 2018, 12:31

I recently had my 2-yearly health check, nothing nasty found I'm pleased to say. After the cardiovascular tests I was told that I'm as fit as the average 25-29 year-old (I'm 52), which really pleased me until I got to wondering just how unfit the average 25-29 year old probably is these days.
turn on, tune in, nod off

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 15 Mar 2018, 13:14

There was a time in the 1970s and early 1980s (before I met her) that Chip's mother and step-father lived in a long house on the Isle of Harris. Chip was fond of quoting the locals, in that peculiarly lilting and musical Hebridean accent: on such was, 'Och the lambs are dancing', referring to the spring-heeled frolics of very young lambs. I've seen it many times, but this is the first quarter-decent fist I've made of recording, although having Scrap yanking at the lead in my other hand, it's not as smooth as I would have liked...

KAT/COYS

You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Mar 2018, 15:30

NMB wrote:I recently had my 2-yearly health check, nothing nasty found I'm pleased to say. After the cardiovascular tests I was told that I'm as fit as the average 25-29 year-old (I'm 52), which really pleased me until I got to wondering just how unfit the average 25-29 year old probably is these days.

A 29 year old still has 20 years to look ahead to 50 even if they're drinking litres of diet coke to wash down their 450 calorie burgers and fries and catch up in years - the body is way more forgiving at that age. I'd say you're still doing pretty well.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Mar 2018, 15:31

Rayge wrote:There was a time in the 1970s and early 1980s (before I met her) that Chip's mother and step-father lived in a long house on the Isle of Harris. Chip was fond of quoting the locals, in that peculiarly lilting and musical Hebridean accent: on such was, 'Och the lambs are dancing', referring to the spring-heeled frolics of very young lambs. I've seen it many times, but this is the first quarter-decent fist I've made of recording, although having Scrap yanking at the lead in my other hand, it's not as smooth as I would have liked...

Just in time for Easter coming up. That's cool.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Mar 2018, 15:33

Dr Markus wrote:Does anyone have that loud co worker that thinks they're they life and soul of the party 24/7? Cunts!

We have this woman whom I'll call Stella, which is her name so it fits, who has this very loud sing-song voice. Everyone can hear her in the cube farm I work in.

I told a co-worker yesterday that Stella missed her calling because her sing-song cadence would be great for children's stories audio books.

My co-worker asked me if I disliked children and asked why I would want to punish them that way.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 Mar 2018, 15:51

sloopjohnc wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:Does anyone have that loud co worker that thinks they're they life and soul of the party 24/7? Cunts!

We have this woman whom I'll call Stella, which is her name so it fits, who has this very loud sing-song voice. Everyone can hear her in the cube farm I work in.

I told a co-worker yesterday that Stella missed her calling because her sing-song cadence would be great for children's stories audio books.

My co-worker asked me if I disliked children and asked why I would want to punish them that way.

From the way you act on here, I thought that story was gonna be about you.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Mar 2018, 15:54

Dr Markus wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

Don't quit your day job.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 Mar 2018, 16:05

8-)

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 15 Mar 2018, 17:58

Rayge wrote:

There should be laws against underage gambolling.

:oops:

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 15 Mar 2018, 19:05

Dr Markus wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

good one.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 15 Mar 2018, 19:05

:lol: :lol: :lol:

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 15 Mar 2018, 21:18

are there two of them?
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Mar 2018, 21:40

Very Stable Baron wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

good one.

Is that the way I actually come across? The reason I answered Markus with "Don't quit your day job," was because usually a joke has to have a basis in reality to at least be a little funny - you know, "It's funny because it's true."

I'm happy to laugh at myself, in fact I think I poke fun at myself all the time on here, but I don't get the connection.

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 15 Mar 2018, 21:43

My post was a joke containing several layers of comedy.

nev gash
cultural defective

Postby nev gash » 15 Mar 2018, 21:47

:)
Hodgson wrote:You just have to face reality that you are not well liked by some people here. Not necessarily people who will shout on the BCB cunt threads,but posters who are well liked by all and who get on with the business of posting to threads when they want

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 Mar 2018, 21:48

sloopjohnc wrote:
Very Stable Baron wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:

good one.

Is that the way I actually come across? The reason I answered Markus with "Don't quit your day job," was because usually a joke has to have a basis in reality to at least be a little funny - you know, "It's funny because it's true."

I'm happy to laugh at myself, in fact I think I poke fun at myself all the time on here, but I don't get the connection.

Ah naw. :?