MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby toomanyhatz » 15 Feb 2018, 18:34

sloopjohnc wrote:
My point was that it sounds like you're trying to rationalize your taste for red wine for white wine. Just say you like red wine better instead of trying to invent a reason for it.

I happen to like white wine better and don't need someone else's stupid rules to tell me what I should eat with or not.

Yes, I'm well aware of the non-conformity of your culinary habits. :D

Also, it was you that brought up wine pairings, not me. I don't pay that much attention to them, to be honest. I'm more of a beer drinker anyway, in general.
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 15 Feb 2018, 18:43

What wine best pairs with a Breakfast Burrito? A cheeky Chateauneuf du Pape?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.

Wally Bingbang
Long Player

Postby Wally Bingbang » 15 Feb 2018, 18:47

nev harp wrote:What wine best pairs with a Breakfast Burrito? A cheeky Chateauneuf du Pape?

For Sloop I'd suggest an '08 Dominus. Go bold or go home.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Feb 2018, 19:07

toomanyhatz wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
My point was that it sounds like you're trying to rationalize your taste for red wine for white wine. Just say you like red wine better instead of trying to invent a reason for it.

I happen to like white wine better and don't need someone else's stupid rules to tell me what I should eat with or not.

Yes, I'm well aware of the non-conformity of your culinary habits. :D .

:lol:

They are bold and piquant, that is true.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Feb 2018, 19:08

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
nev harp wrote:What wine best pairs with a Breakfast Burrito? A cheeky Chateauneuf du Pape?

For Sloop I'd suggest an '08 Dominus. Go bold or go home.

I got your '08 Dominus right here, buddy.

But that's kinda my response to everything.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 15 Feb 2018, 19:53

Once you go Sloop you'll never go back.
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 16 Feb 2018, 12:20

PresMuffley wrote:Today I have to drive 3 hrs to be a witness in traffic court for my best friend. He got a B.S. $180 ticket for a U-Turn back in Sept. taking his kids to school while I was visiting. The cop was a total dick. Very rude. A bunch of parents got ticketed that morning. It was apparently some sort of sting operation on upper-middle-class people. Good to see the authorities are attempting to spread the harassment around evenly, I suppose.

The officer retired recently. Case dismissed!

I would never be so lucky. It was a B.S.ticket, though.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Feb 2018, 12:36

I got three offers for car insurance. One at over 900 euros, one at just over 600 euro and one at just under 500 euro. With the same access to stats in my case, how the fuck do three difference insurance companies come up with 3 such different quotes? Fuck me.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 16 Feb 2018, 12:48

Just found out I've passed all four taught modules of my part time Master's degree, and I can now progress to the dissertation, I've got a year to submit it.

I'm over the moon, and not a little relieved. I was sure I'd screwed up in a big way on one of the final essays.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Feb 2018, 12:52

Nick wrote:Just found out I've passed all four taught modules of my part time Master's degree, and I can now progress to the dissertation, I've got a year to submit it.

I'm over the moon, and not a little relieved. I was sure I'd screwed up in a big way on one of the final essays.

What's it in? "Cultural contributions of belle and Sebastian" ;)
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 16 Feb 2018, 13:53

Nick wrote:Just found out I've passed all four taught modules of my part time Master's degree, and I can now progress to the dissertation, I've got a year to submit it.

Oh congrats!! Life is pretty challenging on its own, without all those times you go out of your way to make it even harder... but it's worth it when you find yourself getting through them and achieving all those things. Having just sat the first 2 parts of my membership exams, I know how you feel. Good luck with the dissertation!
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 16 Feb 2018, 14:21

That's great news Nick, you fucking smartarse! Well done! X
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 16 Feb 2018, 14:23

What's the MA in? Well done btw.

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 16 Feb 2018, 16:12

Thank you all for the kind words :D

It's an MA in Terrorism & Security Studies. For my dissertation I'm thinking about looking at the state terror apparatus of the Iraqi Ba'ath regime, or maybe the post-war insurgencies that the British encountered in places like Malaya, Kenya, Aden, Dhofar and/or Cyprus. I need to sit down with my supervisor and discuss ideas though, and then get a formal proposal together.

I've really enjoyed studying part time, but it's been a grind at times too, fitting it in in the evenings or at weekends, and my self-discipline's often been lacking. I'm excited about the dissertation though, looking forward to really getting into a subject in some depth.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Feb 2018, 16:14

Nick wrote:Thank you all for the kind words :D

It's an MA in Terrorism & Security Studies. For my dissertation I'm thinking about looking at the state terror apparatus of the Iraqi Ba'ath regime, or maybe the post-war insurgencies that the British encountered in places like Malaya, Kenya, Aden, Dhofar and/or Cyprus. I need to sit down with my supervisor and discuss ideas though, and then get a formal proposal together.

I've really enjoyed studying part time, but it's been a grind at times too, fitting it in in the evenings or at weekends, and my self-discipline's often been lacking. I'm excited about the dissertation though, looking forward to really getting into a subject in some depth.

Fuck, hardly light reading in that MA.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 16 Feb 2018, 17:34

Congrats Nick!
Don't forget to interview Jimbo for your dissertation.
I run out of talent

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 17 Feb 2018, 07:27

Well done! There are a couple of other areas you might consider :D
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Six String

Postby Six String » 19 Feb 2018, 00:00

Congratulations! Well done.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 19 Feb 2018, 15:29

Holy crap, our neighborhood is in the national news:

Police: Uber Eats delivery flees after customer shot, killed in Buckhead

A 30-year-old man died of injuries after a shooting in Buckhead that police believe involved an Uber Eats driver.

Witnesses told Atlanta police the man ordered food via a smartphone app to be delivered to the 2800 block of Pharr Court South about 11:30 p.m. Saturday, Atlanta police spokeswoman Stephanie Brown said.

This happened on our block. It's the building at the end of our street.

:shock:
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 19 Feb 2018, 19:07

Bloody hell, Count :(
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.