Page 977 of 1034

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 08 Jan 2018, 17:53
by souphound
I m SO sick of Winter already.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 09 Jan 2018, 16:42
by sloopjohnc
souphound wrote:I m SO sick of Winter already.


Ours just started yesterday. San Francisco had the 16th most rain over 24 hours in its recorded history.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 09 Jan 2018, 17:01
by souphound
sloopjohnc wrote:
souphound wrote:I m SO sick of Winter already.


Ours just started yesterday. San Francisco had the 16th most rain over 24 hours in its recorded history.


We've had a couple of weeks in the -30C range and and only gotten milder (-3C--5C range) in the last few days. The forecast for Thursday? 9C :roll:

I have a bad cold and am trying to quit smoking (patches). Grrrrrr.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 11 Jan 2018, 15:33
by Wally Bingbang
Spent about 5 hours in Emergency last night after B slipped on some ice while walking the dog and broke two bones in her ankle. We didn't get home until about 3:30am and I'm fucking exhausted this morning. It was quite the scene there last night - amongst all the sorry looking fuckers there was one strung-out woman in handcuffs accompanied by a couple of cops, and a mother with her four grown daughters who all looked like a bunch of cut-rate Kardashians with puffed-out lips and tits. The mother was vomiting into a clear plastic bag, so that was nice. If you're bored and looking for a change of scenery in the wee hours, you could do worse than to hang out in Emerg and watch the scene.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 11 Jan 2018, 15:49
by Nick?? Dougie??
Harvey K-Tel wrote:Spent about 5 hours in Emergency last night after B slipped on some ice while walking the dog and broke two bones in her ankle. We didn't get home until about 3:30am and I'm fucking exhausted this morning. It was quite the scene there last night - amongst all the sorry looking fuckers there was one strung-out woman in handcuffs accompanied by a couple of cops, and a mother with her four grown daughters who all looked like a bunch of cut-rate Kardashians with puffed-out lips and tits. The mother was vomiting into a clear plastic bag, so that was nice. If you're bored and looking for a change of scenery in the wee hours, you could do worse than to hang out in Emerg and watch the scene.


Poor B! Hope she is feeling better soon.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 11 Jan 2018, 16:40
by NMB
I just received a postcard from Everest base camp, which was nice. But posted last August and arrived today.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 11 Jan 2018, 16:56
by Dr Markus
Mini 5 day holiday. Schweet.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 11 Jan 2018, 21:40
by souphound
:shock: The Canadian Center for Addiction and Mental Health has received a C$100mln anonymous donation. :shock:

WOW!

Edit: C$100mln = €80mln = £59mln

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 12 Jan 2018, 14:11
by Wally Bingbang
souphound wrote::shock: The Canadian Center for Addiction and Mental Health has received a C$100mln anonymous donation. :shock:

WOW!

Edit: C$100mln = €80mln = £59mln


Wow. That's amazing.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 12 Jan 2018, 14:28
by Jeemo
had my yearly mandatory medical.

"healthy fit male" says the Doc.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 12 Jan 2018, 18:50
by sloopjohnc
Jeemo wrote:had my yearly mandatory medical.

"healthy fit male" says the Doc.


Physically, you mean?

Let's be specific.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 12 Jan 2018, 19:32
by pcqgod
I heard someone with a car horn that played "La Cucaracha."

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 13 Jan 2018, 19:32
by Neige
I went to see my brother at the hospital today.

The expensive state-of-the-art medecine and surgery he got over the last couple of years didn't manage to offer him another (carefree and painless) round.

Skin and bones, sedated by morphine patches, frightened but not letting on... I think it's unfair and it really breaks my heart.

Cancer is a bitch!

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 13 Jan 2018, 19:40
by Belle Lettre
I'm so sorry x

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 13 Jan 2018, 20:34
by Nick?? Dougie??
I'm so sorry Felix and I'm sending love and peace to you, your brother and all your families x

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 13 Jan 2018, 23:00
by Jeemo
Hope things go as best as possible Felix, take care

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 14 Jan 2018, 00:10
by Hugh
Love to you and yours, Felix. God speed.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 14 Jan 2018, 05:13
by Six String
I'm so sorry that your brother's decline is continuing. That has to be so hard to watch. I had a similar thing with a young niece with leukemia. One feels powerless. All you can do is love them and make sure they know you are there for them.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 14 Jan 2018, 19:51
by souphound
So sorry Felix.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Posted: 14 Jan 2018, 20:32
by Charlie O.
A lot has happened since my last Mom update, but I'll cut to the ending:

As I was getting dressed for work this morning, I got a call from my eldest brother Jim at the hospital: "Mom's gone. She just... stopped breathing."

As I hung up the phone, my first thought was: this could have been so much worse, on so many levels. She could have had something that lingered for months or years, with continued physical pain and continued fluctuations of lucidity, or even slipped into full-on dementia like a number of her elderly friends have (which I know she would have hated). Many times over the past quarter-century, and as recently as a few days ago, she told me how afraid she was that Dad would go before she did (though I never said it, I feared that, too); that didn't happen. She could have died, as her father did, terrified of what agonies might await her in Hell. (I don't know why Grandpa was so worried about that. I don't remember him being devoutly religious, and he certainly wasn't ever much of a sinner as far as I knew.)

To just "... stop breathing," with no apparent pain or fear, is a pretty enviable way to go, as ways to go go.

I wasn't sure what state I would find Jim and Dad in when I got to the hospital - but I found that we were all on the same page.

At the end, she was fighting Norovirus (picked up at the miserable rehab place she transferred to from the hospital, before THEY sent her back to the hospital on Thursday), fluid in one lung, kidneys that weren't functioning properly, very low blood pressure, and very high blood sugar. The pulmonologist told Dad and Jim yesterday (and they told me) that while he wasn't "predicting anything," we "should be prepared for the worst." I suppose we were.

So while the grief may hit me hard at some point, right now I'm okay. We're okay. I'm confident that she's okay. It's all okay.