MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Samoan

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Samoan » 10 May 2017, 18:55

I've somehow got margarine in my hair, :?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 10 May 2017, 21:25

Samoan wrote:I've somehow got margarine in my hair, :?

How do you know it's margarine?
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 11 May 2017, 01:04

I gave my biggest continuing education law lecture yet---first hotel ballroom gig. It went pretty well, I think. You always get a few people who want to talk afterwards and I met some crazy lawyers with crazy questions. :shock: :lol:
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 11 May 2017, 04:05

This is extraordinary!

https://youtu.be/veQkt4tS0Tc

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 11 May 2017, 04:35

Still Baron wrote:This is extraordinary!

Different perhaps but "extraordinary"? The utter vapidity of the trend disheartens me. One dull glimmer in the piece is that the DJ mixes in some Cumbria and other native music into the otherwise dull and repetitive disco/techno crap cheese.
All the worst atrocities in human history have been perfectly legal. Caitlin Johnstone

Six String

Postby Six String » 11 May 2017, 04:49

Still Baron wrote:I gave my biggest continuing education law lecture yet---first hotel ballroom gig. It went pretty well, I think. You always get a few people who want to talk afterwards and I met some crazy lawyers with crazy questions. :shock: :lol:

Kudos Michael i didn't know you were doing those as part of your job. I've not taught or spoke at large events but having attended CEU conferences I could appreciate your comment on the weird lawyers. You can only imagine the weird nuclear medicine scientists/doctors. I've known few including one who wrote the chapter on statistics in one of my textbooks. Knuckin Futz. :D

Six String

Postby Six String » 11 May 2017, 04:52

Still Baron wrote:This is extraordinary!

I googled an online boot store that sold those curly boots a few years ago. I was surprised at them too. Ot's a different world.
How do you drve in those? Or even ride in a cab?

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 11 May 2017, 07:06

Still Baron wrote:I gave my biggest continuing education law lecture yet---first hotel ballroom gig. It went pretty well, I think. You always get a few people who want to talk afterwards and I met some crazy lawyers with crazy questions. :shock: :lol:

Nice one!
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 11 May 2017, 09:00

My cousin's daughter made her first communion on Saturday. At the lunch afterwards the kids were given a helium balloon with postcard to fill in their name and with an email address to reply to if you found it.

The balloons were launched from Paisley in Scotland. Last night a reply was received from Drumquin in Ireland.

So far so ordinary. However our grandparents before they moved to Scotland came from a small place in Ireland called Drumquin. :-)
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 May 2017, 12:22

PAYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 11 May 2017, 12:28

Thanks, Belle!

Six String wrote:

Kudos Michael i didn't know you were doing those as part of your job. I've not taught or spoke at large events but having attended CEU conferences I could appreciate your comment on the weird lawyers. You can only imagine the weird nuclear medicine scientists/doctors. I've known few including one who wrote the chapter on statistics in one of my textbooks. Knuckin Futz. :D

Thanks! I really like teaching lawyers and it's really the only element of any career strategy that I have. I'll be able to retire in another 12 years or so and if we're still here, I want to hit the ground running in private practice, but for that to work, lots of lawyers need to know who I am and think I'm smart. The only way to put myself out there is to get into the CLE circuit. I've done a fair amount of it so far (though my boss does way more) but this was the first proper ballroom gig, so that's a victory!

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 11 May 2017, 12:47

Good luck man!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 May 2017, 16:24

Jeemo wrote:My cousin's daughter made her first communion on Saturday. At the lunch afterwards the kids were given a helium balloon with postcard to fill in their name and with an email address to reply to if you found it.

The balloons were launched from Paisley in Scotland. Last night a reply was received from Drumquin in Ireland.

So far so ordinary. However our grandparents before they moved to Scotland came from a small place in Ireland called Drumquin. :-)

Cool.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 11 May 2017, 17:32

So embarrassed. OK, I've been REALLY busy lately, but seriously, sleeping through three wake up alarms, sleeping for 13 hours, on a workday, arriving at work just past noon? Really?

So embarrassed. :oops:
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 11 May 2017, 18:05

sloopjohnc wrote:
Jeemo wrote:My cousin's daughter made her first communion on Saturday. At the lunch afterwards the kids were given a helium balloon with postcard to fill in their name and with an email address to reply to if you found it.

Cool.

balloon travelled nearly 200 miles to where my grandparents were from. turns out balloons were launched around 100 metres from their first lodgings in Scotland. spooky stuff
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 11 May 2017, 19:09

Jeemo wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

Cool.

balloon travelled nearly 200 miles to where my grandparents were from. turns out balloons were launched around 100 metres from their first lodgings in Scotland. spooky stuff

Indeed
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 May 2017, 19:36

Rented out my Oregon place today to a new COO of a leading healthcare system in Oregon. He's leasing for a year. I don't think I'll have to worry about rent - he pulls down over $20,000 per month.

They have four pets. Two cats and two dogs and the dogs are service animals. I get that a Labrador is a service animal, but a Korgi?
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 11 May 2017, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 May 2017, 19:38

sloopjohnc wrote:Rented out my Oregon place today to a new COO of a leading healthcare system in Oregon. He's leasing for a year. I don't think I'll have to worry about rent - he pulls down over $20,000 per month.

You should ask him for tickets to blazers games.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 May 2017, 23:02

I applied for a couple jobs this week and got some responses. Phone interviews for a communications director position at the school of journalism, University of Oregon and Sales and Marketing Director for a local, regional electronics distributor. For the electronics distributor, I interviewed for a catalog coordinator position like 15 years ago. That's when companies like that provided quarterly product catalogs for customers. A lot of catalog printing went out of business with the internet.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 May 2017, 17:00

What the hell happened to James Harden and Lionel Aldridge? It was like the monsters getting the NBA players' abilities like in Space Jam.