MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Hugh

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Hugh » 13 Apr 2018, 08:06

You ought to have been fired for the Eurythmics song though.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 13 Apr 2018, 08:08

Hugh wrote:You ought to have been fired for the Eurythmics song though.

It was a full album. I should be in jail.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 13 Apr 2018, 15:49

I have just completed my first full week of work in 11 weeks. I am shattered, but in a good way. So that is one thing which has sorted itself out, and a little regularity has returned to my life.
Unfortunately we had some bad news on Wednesday. The MOL was taken into hospital in St Helier on Tuesday complaining of a distended stomach and severe pains in her abdomen. At first it looked like it was nothing serious, just wind or a colic. Which it was. However she continued to complain of severe pain, and when Bid finally got through to her on Wednesday night, she was in floods of tears and clearly very distressed. They gave her an MRI and some xrays, and it seems she has a fractured hip. Worse still, the bone is so friable they cannot do anything about it. We cannot go over as there are no flights this weekend, so Bid is really upset. Just when we thought we had the whole Jersey thing sorted and running, it all goes to shit again. So now I am going to see if we can get a flight over next weekend. We have been told she is going to be in the hospital for an extended period.

Please remind to drive off Beachy head when I get to 75 please. I never want to be old and frail...
You don't like me...do you?

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 13 Apr 2018, 16:22

Awful for you all. I hope they are managing to relieve her pain.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 13 Apr 2018, 17:14

Got a NEW car! As in a 2018 one!

No longer driving a creaking crate of shit.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Apr 2018, 17:57

Toby wrote:Got a NEW car! As in a 2018 one!

Let me guess, Volvo?

A real Tory would've bought a Saab for status, by the way.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 13 Apr 2018, 18:09

a cousin of mine had a heart attack yesterday. thankfully he seems to be ok and fairly comfortable. younger than me by a good few years. scary stuff
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Apr 2018, 18:33

My car was broken into last night. All they took was change but a bunch of my CDs were strewn all over the place. When I noticed they hadn't taken one CD, part of me said, "What, you don't like the Pretty Things, Todd Rundgren or Al Green? What kind of moron are you?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 13 Apr 2018, 18:39

They probably only listen to vinyl.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Apr 2018, 18:42

Jeemo wrote:a cousin of mine had a heart attack yesterday. thankfully he seems to be ok and fairly comfortable. younger than me by a good few years. scary stuff

Yeah, it makes you consider your own mortality, that's for sure.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Apr 2018, 18:44

yomptepi wrote:Please remind to drive off Beachy head when I get to 75 please. I never want to be old and frail...

After going through what I did with my dad, I have told my kids to tie a steak around my neck, drive me up into the woods where they know bears and wolves live and let me out of the car. Hopefully, the end will be quick.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 13 Apr 2018, 18:54

sloopjohnc wrote:

Let me guess, Volvo?

A Saab? Pfft. No, a Jaguar or a Lexus.

Honda Civic. And leased, not bought.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Apr 2018, 20:07

Toby wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

Let me guess, Volvo?

A Saab? Pfft. No, a Jaguar or a Lexus.

Honda Civic. And leased, not bought.

The steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 13 Apr 2018, 21:31

sloopjohnc wrote:
Jeemo wrote:a cousin of mine had a heart attack yesterday. thankfully he seems to be ok and fairly comfortable. younger than me by a good few years. scary stuff

Yeah, it makes you consider your own mortality, that's for sure.

he's getting out sun/mon. and then check up in 4 weeks. good news.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Apr 2018, 20:11

I don't get the new DirectTV commercial where the woman chucks all the guy's stuff down on the front lawn from a second story apartment and then immediately starts watching her DirectTV. Seems like they're alienating half of the population and the half that watches the most TV.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 15 Apr 2018, 20:16

Spend what little free time I have on Sunday sorting out work stuff because other people got their planning screwed up and what should have been arranged by them weeks ago falls to me to arrange the evening before.

Send it all out then get a reply from the cover teacher saying he can't do all the lessons I've just mailed him about because the bosses had a meeting on Friday and decided to get him doing something else this week, presumably deciding that I - as this guy's direct line manager - didn't need to be in the loop.

Draft a mail telling everyone to stick it up their bell-ends.

Delete draft and instead mail out saying I will speak to people individually in the morning..

Get beer from fridge.
GoogaMooga wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:Baron got into a fight with some Satan’s Slaves over some culinary issue

Awful thing when that happens. I had a similar experience at a Tom Jones concert.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Apr 2018, 20:26

PENK wrote:Spend what little free time I have on Sunday sorting out work stuff because other people got their planning screwed up and what should have been arranged by them weeks ago falls to me to arrange the evening before.

Send it all out then get a reply from the cover teacher saying he can't do all the lessons I've just mailed him about because the bosses had a meeting on Friday and decided to get him doing something else this week, presumably deciding that I - as this guy's direct line manager - didn't need to be in the loop.

Draft a mail telling everyone to stick it up their bell-ends.

Delete draft and instead mail out saying I will speak to people individually in the morning..

Get beer from fridge.

:lol:

I've had this conversation with my son and his friends this weekend regarding getting everyone on the same page. They wanted to stay at my place after swimming yesterday and watch a movie. I told them I was meeting a friend in Berkeley for dinner so I couldn't. I told them to arrange an alternative, but let all the players know what they were planning so they could plan - meaning my ex wife and other moms and dads so schedules could be arranged.

I hate this kind of shit you write about.

We have a new kid at work - smart kid, grad in stats from UC Berkeley - but I'm having to tell him to cc people on email, set priorities and expectations for co-workers so they can deal with it.

I sent him an email week before last with spreadsheets I needed for addit. info for and my first sentence in the email was, "This is a pass-along" project." Last week, I asked him if he'd received the info and he told me he hasn't sent the email. I told him, "Did you read the first sentence?"

He passed the email along to the appropriate person and got the info back in 15 minutes so I got the info I needed a week and 15 minutes later than I should have.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 15 Apr 2018, 20:34

On the bright side, I just learned that there is an animal called the Macaroni Penguin.
GoogaMooga wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:Baron got into a fight with some Satan’s Slaves over some culinary issue

Awful thing when that happens. I had a similar experience at a Tom Jones concert.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 15 Apr 2018, 22:38

I have just booked yet another weekend trip to St Helier, our tenth in as many months. My MOL's condition seems to be undetermined, but she is in severe pain all the time, and it seems to be related to her spine rather than the fracture in her hip, which appears to be some months old and has not , as far as we know, given her problems up til now. So we don't know if she will be in the hospital or in the home, or how she will be. So all very stressful, and increasingly frustrating, as she has no idea what is going on or where she is. It is going to be a rough trip.
At the same time my mother is increasingly unwell. She is refusing to take her pills, refusing to see the doctor and point blank refusing to go to the hospital, or back to the care home where she was so well looked after last time she was poorly. We seem to have half the population of West Sussex involved in her day to day care, and she is still uncomfortable, ill tempered and miserable. I don't know how much longer my poor sister can put up with it. I don't know how much longer my mother will either.
I suppose this comes to all of us at some point, but at the moment I have to say it is getting me down more than a little. There has to be a better way surely?
You don't like me...do you?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Apr 2018, 16:14

yomptepi wrote:I have just booked yet another weekend trip to St Helier, our tenth in as many months. My MOL's condition seems to be undetermined, but she is in severe pain all the time, and it seems to be related to her spine rather than the fracture in her hip, which appears to be some months old and has not , as far as we know, given her problems up til now. So we don't know if she will be in the hospital or in the home, or how she will be. So all very stressful, and increasingly frustrating, as she has no idea what is going on or where she is. It is going to be a rough trip.
At the same time my mother is increasingly unwell. She is refusing to take her pills, refusing to see the doctor and point blank refusing to go to the hospital, or back to the care home where she was so well looked after last time she was poorly. We seem to have half the population of West Sussex involved in her day to day care, and she is still uncomfortable, ill tempered and miserable. I don't know how much longer my poor sister can put up with it. I don't know how much longer my mother will either.
I suppose this comes to all of us at some point, but at the moment I have to say it is getting me down more than a little. There has to be a better way surely?

Getting it from both sides is tough. An old co-worker friend of mine called me a few weeks ago because she is dealing with the same stuff as her mom and she lives out-of-state and her sister is having to deal with it - one of the kids usually does.

If I had to do it over again, I would have insisted my dad go into a home sooner vs. later, but it was two against one, the one being me.

The trick is finding the right place, which from experience, takes some time.