MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 06 Apr 2018, 23:29

Ooh yum, Pork Esophagus.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 07 Apr 2018, 14:54

... and Americans think we are weird for putting kidney in a pie !
We're way past rhubarb

Six String

Postby Six String » 07 Apr 2018, 17:03

The Fish wrote:... and Americans think we are weird for putting kidney in a pie !

:lol: only some Americans.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 08 Apr 2018, 11:34

my Dad would have been 90 today.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 08 Apr 2018, 12:44

Ten years after my best mate Nick was killed a tragic hospital accident, his teenage daughter is coming to visit us to talk about her dad. It is all going to be a bit difficult, but I have always hoped she would want to just spend a bit of time learning what he was like when he was a kid, and all the mad stuff we got up to. So it is all going to be a bitter sweet I expect...
You don't like me...do you?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Apr 2018, 17:10

Jeemo wrote:my Dad would have been 90 today.

Happy Birthday to your Pa!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Apr 2018, 17:10

yomptepi wrote:Ten years after my best mate Nick was killed a tragic hospital accident, his teenage daughter is coming to visit us to talk about her dad. It is all going to be a bit difficult, but I have always hoped she would want to just spend a bit of time learning what he was like when he was a kid, and all the mad stuff we got up to. So it is all going to be a bitter sweet I expect...

Wow. I bet this is going to be quite a day!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 08 Apr 2018, 19:09

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Jeemo wrote:my Dad would have been 90 today.

Happy Birthday to your Pa!

thanks, it's a bit weird thinking what age he would've been.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 08 Apr 2018, 20:45

Minnie the Minx wrote:
yomptepi wrote:Ten years after my best mate Nick was killed a tragic hospital accident, his teenage daughter is coming to visit us to talk about her dad. It is all going to be a bit difficult, but I have always hoped she would want to just spend a bit of time learning what he was like when he was a kid, and all the mad stuff we got up to. So it is all going to be a bitter sweet I expect...

Wow. I bet this is going to be quite a day!

She was fantastic. quite a girl. he would have been so proud of her.
You don't like me...do you?

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 08 Apr 2018, 22:33

Glad it went well, Yomp.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 10 Apr 2018, 21:38

Watched and listened to some of the Zuckerberg Senate hearings. Kind of amusing to listen to 60+ year olds ask questions that were obviously prepared by junior staff members. I bet if you asked them what their questions were about, they wouldn't be able.

Wally Bingbang
Long Player

Postby Wally Bingbang » 10 Apr 2018, 21:58

Don't you mean "they wouldn't even"?
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Apr 2018, 00:35

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Don't you mean "they wouldn't even"?

I guess.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Apr 2018, 00:36

I came to the conclusion that my life is pretty pathetic when I was taking a piss at work and was thinking how much I'm looking forward to the Andre the Giant documentary on HBO, premiering tonight.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Apr 2018, 14:48

sloopjohnc wrote:I came to the conclusion that my life is pretty pathetic when I was taking a piss at work and was thinking how much I'm looking forward to the Andre the Giant documentary on HBO, premiering tonight.

Eh? that's gonna be brilliant, he's a legend. Ok i'm a wrasslin fan, but even as a person, his life was interesting.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 11 Apr 2018, 17:04

sloopjohnc wrote:I came to the conclusion that my life is pretty pathetic when I was taking a piss at work and was thinking how much I'm looking forward to the Andre the Giant documentary on HBO, premiering tonight.

He was known as "Le Géant Jean Ferré" here before he became André the Giant.

Always fun to watch.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 11 Apr 2018, 17:06

sloopjohnc wrote:Watched and listened to some of the Zuckerberg Senate hearings. Kind of amusing to listen to 60+ year olds ask questions that were obviously prepared by junior staff members. I bet if you asked them what their questions were about, they wouldn't be able.

Paraphrasing: "Would you tell us where you're staying?" - "er....No"

"If we asked you to share with us all the people you have exchanged e-mails with in the last few weeks, would you tell us?" - "er...Not here in public, no".

:oops:
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Apr 2018, 18:59

souphound wrote:

Always fun to watch.

It's a great, affectionate documentary. I recommend it if you like wrestling. They also interview Rob Reiner and his Princess Bride co-stars.

It also gives a pretty good history of pro wrestling. When I was little, I used to watch "Big Time Wrestling" Saturday afternoons. Wrestling was very territorial back then in the US, like 32 different territories from the documentary. Which is way you always saw Pat Patterson (in the documentary), Ray Stevens and Peter Maiva each week.

In my mid 20s, Cable boomed and my roommate and friend at the time used to watch WWF a couple times a week on USA and TBS. That was when Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, George "The Animal" Steele, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Jesse "The Body" Ventura, Junkyard Dog, and others, including Andre the Giants, were featured on TV. The golden age in my book.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 11 Apr 2018, 21:45

sloopjohnc wrote:
souphound wrote:

Always fun to watch.

It's a great, affectionate documentary. I recommend it if you like wrestling. They also interview Rob Reiner and his Princess Bride co-stars.

It also gives a pretty good history of pro wrestling. When I was little, I used to watch "Big Time Wrestling" Saturday afternoons. Wrestling was very territorial back then in the US, like 32 different territories from the documentary. Which is way you always saw Pat Patterson (in the documentary), Ray Stevens and Peter Maiva each week.

In my mid 20s, Cable boomed and my roommate and friend at the time used to watch WWF a couple times a week on USA and TBS. That was when Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, George "The Animal" Steele, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Jesse "The Body" Ventura, Junkyard Dog, and others, including Andre the Giants, were featured on TV. The golden age in my book.

Wrestling was localized back then here too. Our shows were on Sunday mornings, which was great because I could have the tv to myself while others slept or did other things. They did shows in schools too, which was neat.

I also remember those WWF years and all the guys you mention. Good spectacle.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Apr 2018, 16:32

Got a group text from my cousin Karen about her brother who's in rehab in Flagstaff, AZ. He's still not physically able to handle the mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of treatment according to the facility director. They think it's going to take six weeks more for him to get there.

He's also had ascites (I had to look it up - fluid build up in the abdominal cavity) and has had to go to the hospital to get his stomach drained. Both are results of his cirrhosis.

He fucked himself real good.