MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Apr 2018, 18:59

:lol:

Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 04 Apr 2018, 21:32

Also sorry to hear about your loss Toby.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 04 Apr 2018, 21:33

On a positive note, i learned today that I have a new role at Peterborough City Council, although I'm still not sure what it entails exactly as my manager could not trace the job description. But it means that I'm now doing legal work.

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 04 Apr 2018, 21:41

I made a friend at a dance class the other day.
It was a great class which had everybody feeling all Disinhibited and loose (for the purposes of dancing). But by the time I was introducing myself to this guy I had forgotten how normal people behave. I'm not the best at small talk at the best of times... but I started rambling about the Very Weirdest things.
See, he has this MASSIVE handlebar moustache. I think it makes him seem really anonymous, and maybe that's why it's easy to let your guard down.
I started talking to him about my research, namely about fat children and whether or not they have fat livers. He was very attentive and being a Scientist himself said he'd be interested to read up on this if I would send him some papers. So we exchanged details. He added me on facebook, but said he doesn't really use facebook, I should use his e-mail instead.

Who uses e-mails anymore?
I don't know how to write e-mails. Something more than a word or sentence at a time? What does a person even say... so it got even weirder from there.
plus, since I had already started out so weird it was hard to change the tone.
until he ends up sending a pretty normal but then attaches a hyperlink to a google images image of a skeleton bird in a cage.
I don't know whether I should acknowledge this... or what to say.
So I wrote back and attached an MRI of my liver.

I don't think this is the start of a beautiful friendship. I think technology has distorted all human relations and this is what we're left with.
In a post chat, post e-moji world. We're left with bird skeleton in a cage and Liver MRIs.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 04 Apr 2018, 21:43

the masked man wrote:On a positive note, i learned today that I have a new role at Peterborough City Council, although I'm still not sure what it entails exactly as my manager could not trace the job description. But it means that I'm now doing legal work.

Congrats on the new job role!
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Apr 2018, 21:56

Toby wrote:One of my best friends passed away over the weekend. I wasn't totally surprised as he'd been in and out of rehab and was struggling. Still, it's hit me like a ton of bricks.

Sorry to hear this Toby.

Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 Apr 2018, 22:40

hippopotamus wrote:I made a friend at a dance class the other day.
It was a great class which had everybody feeling all Disinhibited and loose (for the purposes of dancing). But by the time I was introducing myself to this guy I had forgotten how normal people behave. I'm not the best at small talk at the best of times... but I started rambling about the Very Weirdest things.
See, he has this MASSIVE handlebar moustache. I think it makes him seem really anonymous, and maybe that's why it's easy to let your guard down.
I started talking to him about my research, namely about fat children and whether or not they have fat livers. He was very attentive and being a Scientist himself said he'd be interested to read up on this if I would send him some papers. So we exchanged details. He added me on facebook, but said he doesn't really use facebook, I should use his e-mail instead.

Who uses e-mails anymore?
I don't know how to write e-mails. Something more than a word or sentence at a time? What does a person even say... so it got even weirder from there.
plus, since I had already started out so weird it was hard to change the tone.
until he ends up sending a pretty normal but then attaches a hyperlink to a google images image of a skeleton bird in a cage.
I don't know whether I should acknowledge this... or what to say.
So I wrote back and attached an MRI of my liver.

I don't think this is the start of a beautiful friendship. I think technology has distorted all human relations and this is what we're left with.
In a post chat, post e-moji world. We're left with bird skeleton in a cage and Liver MRIs.

Sounds like kismet.

:?
OCT wrote:Roger Waters is a cunt and his music is fucking shit.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 06 Apr 2018, 12:31

Fuck Conor McGregor the cunt, ruining it for all Irish, whether he realizes it or not.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 06 Apr 2018, 13:50

Dr Markus wrote:Fuck Conor McGregor the cunt, ruining it for all Irish, whether he realizes it or not.

He lost the plot ages ago.
Copehead wrote:I have never seen anything that doesn't convince me that Joe Average people who vote Conservative are fundamentally too thick to understand the world

The Modernist wrote:Griff writes the best political posts.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 06 Apr 2018, 13:52

sloopjohnc wrote:
I felt sluggish the last couple months even though I was working out, but just in the last four days, I have tons more energy eating a lot healthier. Chicken is the only kind of meat I've had and that's been once.

Isn't gout cyclical? My boss gets it, and it seems to come around every 18 months or so whether he has been good or bad with his diet. He gets it in his toes and his ankle. He tries to avoid anything made from grapes, red meat and seafood. Did you have a check for diabetes at the same time, as gout can be a sign of an antibody disorder. You are quite old for your first attack. My boss has had it since he finished puberty.
Last edited by yomptepi on 06 Apr 2018, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
You don't like me...do you?

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 06 Apr 2018, 13:53

Goat Boy wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:Fuck Conor McGregor the cunt, ruining it for all Irish, whether he realizes it or not.

I wonder if he thought he was in one of those WWE fake stunt video's. Maybe it was all a badly conceived joke.
You don't like me...do you?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 06 Apr 2018, 13:56

Goat Boy wrote:

Aye but this is proper over the top shit. Fuck him. At least we have well behaved Donegal native Joe Duffy. 8-)
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 06 Apr 2018, 13:59

yomptepi wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:

I wonder if he thought he was in one of those WWE fake stunt video's. Maybe it was all a badly conceived joke.

Lost in showbiz
Copehead wrote:I have never seen anything that doesn't convince me that Joe Average people who vote Conservative are fundamentally too thick to understand the world

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 06 Apr 2018, 14:01

Dr Markus wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:

Aye but this is proper over the top shit. Fuck him. At least we have well behaved Donegal native Joe Duffy. 8-)

He's advertising Burger King now :lol:

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 06 Apr 2018, 14:02

yomptepi wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:

Nah, he had his UFC belt stripped off him and he didn't like it.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 06 Apr 2018, 14:03

Goat Boy wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:

He's advertising Burger King now :lol:

Aye I seen, money's money but at the same time. :(

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Apr 2018, 17:50

yomptepi wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
I felt sluggish the last couple months even though I was working out, but just in the last four days, I have tons more energy eating a lot healthier. Chicken is the only kind of meat I've had and that's been once.

Isn't gout cyclical? My boss gets it, and it seems to come around every 18 months or so whether he has been good or bad with his diet. He gets it in his toes and his ankle. He tries to avoid anything made from grapes, red meat and seafood. Did you have a check for diabetes at the same time, as gout can be a sign of an antibody disorder. You are quite old for your first attack. My boss has had it since he finished puberty.

Neither the ER doctor or my doctor seemed concerned about what you mention and didn't mention anything about it being cyclical, and I've never heard that before. They both just told me to avoid certain foods. As I get older, I get blood tests every year and I come up pretty well except for one test. My doctor just told me to take folic acid to counteract it.

I have to say it's only been a week and the only meat I've eaten is chicken, and not very much of it at all. I've just been eating grains, fruit, veggies and legume type stuff and my energy level has increased a ton. I haven't had any alcohol either, which I'm sure helps. And I don't really miss it either. I don't weigh myself, but I can tell I'm not as bloated and probably lost 3-4 lbs just on diet changes and not drinking.

Like I mentioned, last year I gave up alcohol for nearly six months and didn't think I'd ever go back to it again. But then a couple dinners out and a trip to Oregon, where they have really good craft beers, got me back on the wagon.

And I never want to get gout again. It was terrible.

I've had enough patty melts and corn dogs for 10 men. I can forego them for the time being at this point.

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 Apr 2018, 22:43

I've never heard of gout being cyclical either. It will flare up if you eat foods that bring it on, especially if you aren't on meds for it. It would seem preferable to change diet instead of taking meds. Red wine is a big no no for gout but not sure about alcohol in general. I've always wondered in the back of my mind how I would handle not being able to drink wine with dinner. It is such an automatic response. I only have five to six ounces, equivilance of one drink by the "books" most nights so it's not like the old days where my wife and I would drain a bottle most nights of the week. Still, that one glass or two changes the meal completely and I don't mean the alcohol.

I suppose cassoulet is out too, eh? ;)

Look away John (and Anna too for other reasons)
I have a new favorite tacqueria five minutes from the house. $1.50 tacos and they don't skimp on the meat. I had my first pork esophagus taco the other day. They have a cabeza taco too which I'll get next time. The burritos are massive. I could probably get three meals out of one.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Apr 2018, 23:05

Six String wrote:I Look away John (and Anna too for other reasons)
I have a new favorite tacqueria five minutes from the house. $1.50 tacos and they don't skimp on the meat. I had my first pork esophagus taco the other day. They have a cabeza taco too which I'll get next time. The burritos are massive. I could probably get three meals out of one.

:(

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 06 Apr 2018, 23:17

Let him have his tacos and burritos, Sloop, it just means more cassoulet for you!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.