in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 18 Jan 2018, 13:45

Love to you, Felix
I'm so very very sorry
Xxx
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 18 Jan 2018, 14:10

Condolences, Felix. Take care, man.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 18 Jan 2018, 15:26

I'm sorry, Felix. As with my mom, at least he's not in pain now. Take care of yourself, and yours.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Jan 2018, 16:28

fange wrote:Well, the new phase in the fange family's life is under way.

Mrs. fange and the kids headed back to Brisvegas just over a week ago, bringing to an end 10 years of life in Hong Kong for them. They're now in the process of getting our big new house ready and furnished for themselves, getting the girls ready for the upcoming Aussie school year, etc. while yours truly is sticking around in HK to work and keep the (quite good for a teacher) money rolling in, to keep two roofs over our heads. The plan as it stands is for me to stay here and see out my contract, which ends in the summer of 2019, as i get a very healthy bonus at the completion of that, so i'm also in the process of moving flats to something smaller, with just the necessaries for a bachelor type. Just sent our cats away with the vet too, to be kept in quarantine in Melbourne for 10 days or so before they are sent up to Brissy to be with the family again. Both of them hate traveling, so the looks of stress and confusion on their faces as they meowed away made me pretty sad.

I know this is a good financial move (hopefully), as with me making good money over here and having slashed our housing and school bills significantly, we should be able to save some serious money for the years ahead, especially once mrs. fange gets some work too aafter she gets things more settled with the house and kids. But ... i miss them already. Not depression-level miss, but that a sharp one nevertheless. I'll be able to head back see them in the holidays - Chinese New Year is coming up, and Easter not long after - so that's good. And i'll admit, after 17 years of marriage and 14 years as a dad the quiet at home is kind of refreshing... but it still feels weird. I guess i'll be able to run more! :)

I was like that every time the wife and kids left on a trip - I looked forward to the peace and quiet and hated it after 15 minutes. Having a 15 year-old boy live with you can be challenging, but I like having the energy around me again being a husband and dad for 25 years and then it instantly went away.

I get it - all the energy in the home has been sucked out.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Jan 2018, 16:31

Neige wrote:My brother passed away last night, peacefully I heard. The news haven't really sunk in yet.

He was the real musician in the family (both his siblings mere obsessive music lovers) and learned to play the double bass when in his fourties - he always had half a dozen bands going, while keeping a part-time job as a music teacher to make ends meet.
And he was a good guy all around. My favourite memory will always be that he took me (very reluctantly) along to see Genesis live in 1974 (I was 14, he was 19) - a life-changing experience for me. :)

My brother and I share a love of music too, although his tastes are limited. It's been a great common bond amongst us and I'm glad you and your brother could share that.

I don't have any older brothers and sisters, so I don't know what that feels like - it must be a little weird.

But it sounds like he's out of pain and that's a good thing.

Play some album or song you both loved at the service, or whatever you have to remember him by, and think about how you both loved it.

Six String

Postby Six String » 19 Jan 2018, 04:33

To Felix and Charlie, so sorry to hear of your losses. It's never easy.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 19 Jan 2018, 06:17

Felix, Charlie, Diamond Dog-my condoleances and all the best to you and your family.

Fange- well I hope one day we can meet each other in Australia! Best of luck!
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 19 Jan 2018, 07:36

Best wishes, Felix. Take care my friend.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 19 Jan 2018, 08:58

So sorry to hear all the bad news here. Sending wishes to Charlie, Felix and DD.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Jan 2018, 12:56

On call this weekend, however I found out the group i'm supporting haven't been sending me alerts for when i'm needed. So basically, previous times I've been on call I've been getting paid for doing nothing. When I brought this up to them, they didn't seem that fussed. Free money for awhile!!!! get in there.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 19 Jan 2018, 13:22

fantastic news. a shaft of gold among the terrible news for other posters.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jan 2018, 14:37

Jeemo wrote:fantastic news. a shaft of gold among the terrible news for other posters.

:lol:

In the afternoon, my son and a buddy who lives in the same complex do homework in our apartment. Besides homework, they fuck around and the other day, Drake, my son's friend, ran into the bedroom door and ripped it off the hinges. I had it fixed, but I told my son that Drake isn't allowed over for awhile.

Yesterday, I called my son after school and thought I heard someone in the background. When I got home, I checked one of the kitchen cupboards and noticed that one of the cheese and cracker snacks was gone along with the rest of the box of slim jims meat sticks. Drake will go through boxes of both, but he was trying to be sneaky by not eating as much, but I knew he'd been over.

Later in the night, I asked my son if Drake was over this afternoon. I got a short, "No." I told Derek, "Hey, I couldn't hear you, come here."

Looking him straight in the eyes, I asked again, "Was Drake over today?"

I stared at him, he looked back at me and with his best straight face, said, "No," and then he began to melt and smiled, "Okay, okay, Drake was over. His mom doesn't buy cheese and cracker snacks and he wanted one real bad."

I said, "That's fine, just make sure he doesn't bust down the door again to get one."

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 19 Jan 2018, 14:51

sloopjohnc wrote:In the afternoon, my son and a buddy who lives in the same complex do homework in our apartment. Besides homework, they fuck around and the other day, Drake, my son's friend, ran into the bedroom door and ripped it off the hinges. I had it fixed, but I told my son that Drake isn't allowed over for awhile.

Yesterday, I called my son after school and thought I heard someone in the background. When I got home, I checked one of the kitchen cupboards and noticed that one of the cheese and cracker snacks was gone along with the rest of the box of slim jims meat sticks. Drake will go through boxes of both, but he was trying to be sneaky by not eating as much, but I knew he'd been over.

Later in the night, I asked my son if Drake was over this afternoon. I got a short, "No." I told Derek, "Hey, I couldn't hear you, come here."

I stared at him, he looked back at me and with his best straight face, said, "No," and then he began to melt and smiled, "Okay, okay, Drake was over. His mom doesn't buy cheese and cracker snacks and he wanted one real bad."

I said, "That's fine, just make sure he doesn't bust down the door again to get one."

You sure showed him! :D

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Jan 2018, 14:54

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:In the afternoon, my son and a buddy who lives in the same complex do homework in our apartment. Besides homework, they fuck around and the other day, Drake, my son's friend, ran into the bedroom door and ripped it off the hinges. I had it fixed, but I told my son that Drake isn't allowed over for awhile.

Great we're gonna get a song from Drake about cheese and cracker snacks now. Thanks Sloop. :roll:
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jan 2018, 14:56

Harvey K-Tel wrote:

After I posted, I counted, "One one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand. . ." expecting your response. I would've bet on the over so I would've lost on the bet.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jan 2018, 15:10

Today at work is the day we have our company wide holiday lunch (don't ask me why we have it January). Everyone goes to a local hotel, has bad catered food and you have to sit with 8-10 people you rarely talk to. I hate it and made a dentist appointment last year on the same day to avoid it.

This year, I lied and told them I'm getting a colonoscopy.

Maybe next year, I'll tell them I'm having a biopsy.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 19 Jan 2018, 20:14

i'm so sorry, felix. love to you and yers.

(genesis in 74... wonderful.)

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 20 Jan 2018, 16:38

So I had a diabetic 'incident' yesterday. I had taken my usual dose of insulin for lunch - but played some basketball with a student after that. Nothing too serious, just a game of horse. Then I got an oil change after school and when I was driving home I got confused. I couldn't remember how to get home so I just kept driving. This must've gone on for twenty minutes but I lost all track of time, so it's hard to tell how long I was in this predicament. After awhile my vision started to blur, but I wasn't all that worried because I couldn't tell if I was dreaming or not - and no alarms were going off in my head warning me of danger or anything. I just kept driving. A bit later there were literally three images of the car in front of me and then I knew things were not good. But still, I wasn't all that worried. Eventually, a paramedic was telling me to get out of the car. I guess I had pulled over or something - or maybe he had pulled up beside me and told me to pull over - I can't recall. He took my blood sugar and it was about 20. Which is pretty damned low. He asked me a bunch of questions, all of which I answered correctly, I think - except I didn't know what year it was. So he injects me with some glucose and I'm back to normal in about two minutes. I'm guessing the basketball made my blood sugar level go down or something - who knows?

I didn't go to the hospital after that and they didn't press too much on that issue. Now, I'm thinking that possibly someone called the cops when I was swerving or something - how else would they have come? Anyway, I'm not gonna tell anyone I know about it - they would only give me grief for not taking better care of myself and I get that enough as it is. So BCB is the only place I can vent about it. The paramedic wanted to know if I was on drugs of course. He asked me a bunch of questions about that. I had a Jethro Tull Aqualung box set in my car that I was going to take to a post office and mail back to the guy I bought it from on eBay. It was all boxed up and on the seat next to me. So the guy suspects that there could've been drugs in the package and he opened it up. Now I'm wondering if that is a sign to keep the box and not send it back. I couldn't get the blu ray disc to work in my player. I'm still considering what to do.

Hey, I had to include some kind've music info in my little story to keep your interest!

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 20 Jan 2018, 16:59

Shit, Matt! Sounds like that could've turned out a lot worse than it did. I'm glad you're okay, and nobody got hurt.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Jan 2018, 17:01

Matt Wilson wrote:So I had a diabetic 'incident' yesterday. I had taken my usual dose of insulin for lunch - but played some basketball with a student after that. Nothing too serious, just a game of horse. Then I got an oil change after school and when I was driving home I got confused. I couldn't remember how to get home so I just kept driving. This must've gone on for twenty minutes but I lost all track of time, so it's hard to tell how long I was in this predicament. After awhile my vision started to blur, but I wasn't all that worried because I couldn't tell if I was dreaming or not - and no alarms were going off in my head warning me of danger or anything. I just kept driving. A bit later there were literally three images of the car in front of me and then I knew things were not good. But still, I wasn't all that worried. Eventually, a paramedic was telling me to get out of the car. I guess I had pulled over or something - or maybe he had pulled up beside me and told me to pull over - I can't recall. He took my blood sugar and it was about 20. Which is pretty damned low. He asked me a bunch of questions, all of which I answered correctly, I think - except I didn't know what year it was. So he injects me with some glucose and I'm back to normal in about two minutes. I'm guessing the basketball made my blood sugar level go down or something - who knows?

I didn't go to the hospital after that and they didn't press too much on that issue. Now, I'm thinking that possibly someone called the cops when I was swerving or something - how else would they have come? Anyway, I'm not gonna tell anyone I know about it - they would only give me grief for not taking better care of myself and I get that enough as it is. So BCB is the only place I can vent about it. The paramedic wanted to know if I was on drugs of course. He asked me a bunch of questions about that. I had a Jethro Tull Aqualung box set in my car that I was going to take to a post office and mail back to the guy I bought it from on eBay. It was all boxed up and on the seat next to me. So the guy suspects that there could've been drugs in the package and he opened it up. Now I'm wondering if that is a sign to keep the box and not send it back. I couldn't get the blu ray disc to work in my player. I'm still considering what to do.

Hey, I had to include some kind've music info in my little story to keep your interest!

One of my friend's dads is diabetic and I remember him going into shock every once in awhile. Luckily, the family were all prepped on how to help.

It was scary to see.

Return to “Nextdoorland”