MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
the gorton gollum
cultural defective

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby the gorton gollum » 08 Feb 2018, 13:22

echolalia wrote:I want to share this with BCB – it’s nothing but it means everything to me, especially after being knocked out of the Cup – a film I subtitled which is showing at an impending film festival, the director gave an interview there tonight and he specifically mentioned my efforts with the subtitles. I feel great! That’s all. Obviously I hope he wins the Golden Ampelmann or whatever.

Give us a clue then!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dogshit (56) wrote:I'm guessing maybe one of the admins took offence to the clear and deliberate attempt to bait me into a response

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Feb 2018, 16:13

echolalia wrote:I want to share this with BCB – it’s nothing but it means everything to me, especially after being knocked out of the Cup – a film I subtitled which is showing at an impending film festival, the director gave an interview there tonight and he specifically mentioned my efforts with the subtitles. I feel great! That’s all. Obviously I hope he wins the Golden Ampelmann or whatever.

I got knocked out of the cup too and all I got was more tax forms to hand to my tax preparer this weekend at our annual meeting.

Congratulations.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Feb 2018, 16:13

Jeemo wrote:Had a first look at a rough cut of a video for David's band. Looks good.

Nice.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 08 Feb 2018, 16:15

sloopjohnc wrote:
Jeemo wrote:Had a first look at a rough cut of a video for David's band. Looks good.

Nice.

Will post it when finished
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Feb 2018, 16:51

My son's friend went out for swimming and I told him when he asked me if it would get him in shape. I said it would, but you need to practice a lot.

Their high school team practices from 5:30 to 6:30 each morning and from 3:15 to 4:30 in the afternoon.

It reminded me that from the age of 11 to 17, I had to do the same thing for AAU, which is basically Olympic training, and I'd swim for an hour each morning and an hour and a half each night for six years straight. Hardly any breaks, year-round.

And I did other sports too, like Pop Warner football, basketball and little league baseball. My parents got sick of driving to most of it and made my brother and I ride our bikes to and from - especially football and baseball.

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 08 Feb 2018, 18:18

nev harp wrote:Give us a clue then!

BCB's lunacy? (3, 7)

Wally Bingbang
Long Player

Postby Wally Bingbang » 08 Feb 2018, 18:20

echolalia wrote:
nev harp wrote:Give us a clue then!

BCB's lunacy? (3, 7)

Pro Gcorner?
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

the gorton gollum
cultural defective

Postby the gorton gollum » 08 Feb 2018, 18:32

Cup Entered?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dogshit (56) wrote:I'm guessing maybe one of the admins took offence to the clear and deliberate attempt to bait me into a response

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 08 Feb 2018, 18:57

:lol: Close!

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Feb 2018, 23:49

Bernie on FB wrote:
Six String wrote:
Bernie on FB wrote:
I just cooked it differently.
I cubed it into 1cm cubes, coated with cornflour and deep fried in Canola oil for a couple of minutes. Then caramelised onions and cumin seeds in a pan for a while, then added ginger, garlic and chillis, then added tomato purée, sugar, pepper, salt and soy sauce and some water, then after 10 mins added tofu and sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.

Was it the coating that was different or frying or both? :? Sorry to belabour this but I am interested.

I think it was the coating and the frying technique. I'm a bit ashamed to say I thought I knew how to cook tofu - I didn't. I would soak uncooked tofu in hot sauce and soy sauce and whatever and then shallow fry it on a high heat. It was always wet and soggy and flabby and never had a satisfying crunch and chew. My tofu life has been turned upside down!

An old gf used to bread her tofu pieces and brown them in oil and set aside while cooking the veges in a wok and then careful reintroduce the tofu into the wok without losing the batter. I don't remember if she used anything other than flour. That was thirty + years ago. It was one of my favorite ways to ear tofu.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 09 Feb 2018, 21:33

Nephew's confirmation tomorrow. Standard is 50 euro in a card. 50 fucking euro!!!!!!!!. I think I got 5 punt per card. Punt was before euro in Ireland. 50 fucking euro!!!!!!!!!!!!
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Feb 2018, 21:46

The Great Defector wrote:Nephew's confirmation tomorrow. Standard is 50 euro in a card. 50 fucking euro!!!!!!!!. I think I got 5 punt per card. Punt was before euro in Ireland. 50 fucking euro!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just put a note in the card saying that you being his uncle is at least worth 50 euro and he should be paying you, but you'll call it even.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 10 Feb 2018, 16:47

My son and I were goofing around and I was pretending to beat him up and kill him.

He said, "I want to go to hell."

I told him, "Hell's too good for you, they wouldn't have you."

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 10 Feb 2018, 18:47

I wrote a jaunty little tune today. The verse is D, A, G6, A (fifth fret), pre-chorus of Bm, G and chorus of D, E7, D, A7sus, Bm, A, D.

When I was playing it for my guitar teacher, I said it sounds like a commercial jingle. . .

Eat your yogurt every day,
Don't throw it out, put it away,
Eat your yogurt, Yo Plait. . .

I played it for my son without the lyrics when I got home and he said, "It sounds like a commercial."

Wally Bingbang
Long Player

Postby Wally Bingbang » 10 Feb 2018, 19:51

I got a wine fridge from work that's been sitting unused since I started there four years ago. Now I have a beer fridge AND a wine fridge in my basement. What a wanker!

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 11 Feb 2018, 15:43

Harvey K-Tel wrote:I got a wine fridge from work that's been sitting unused since I started there four years ago. Now I have a beer fridge AND a wine fridge in my basement. What a wanker!

Party at Harv’s!!!!!
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Feb 2018, 16:16

During driving lessons this weekend, my son's friend had a good line. "Hey, Mr. Crook, when are you going to teach us to text and drive?"

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 12 Feb 2018, 21:51

Harvey K-Tel wrote:I got a wine fridge from work that's been sitting unused since I started there four years ago. Now I have a beer fridge AND a wine fridge in my basement. What a wanker!

Why would one need a WINE fridge? That implies that you're - *GASP!!* drinking white wine!
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

Wally Bingbang
Long Player

Postby Wally Bingbang » 13 Feb 2018, 13:54

toomanyhatz wrote:

Why would one need a WINE fridge? That implies that you're - *GASP!!* drinking white wine!

I guess the proper term for it is "wine cooler", and it keeps red wine at the optimal temperature for long-term storage. I don't mind white wine once in a while, but it can go in the regular fridge :) .

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Feb 2018, 17:01

toomanyhatz wrote:

Isn't red wine for meat eaters?