MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Jan 2018, 17:02

Someone explain to me why the woman in the newest Lowe's commercial decides to redo her whole hall bathroom, or "half bath," instead of just going to the hardware store and buying and putting in a $4.99 toilet paper holder?
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 20 Jan 2018, 17:04

Having Jethro Tull in the car though. Man that must have been embarrassing!

(glad you're ok)
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 20 Jan 2018, 17:08

Take better care of yourself, Matt.
;)
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 20 Jan 2018, 18:42

glad you're still around Matt
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Jan 2018, 19:35

Goat Boy wrote:Having Jethro Tull in the car though. Man that must have been embarrassing!

Have you read Matt's Yakety Yak posts?

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 20 Jan 2018, 21:24

After my recent troubles, I actually had a decent day today. A former manager of mine (and a friend) arranged a quizzing event here in Peterborough. There was a written paper in the morning, followed by a team quiz in the afternoon. Anyway, though my solo score wasn't great ( I expected that!), I was delighted to be part of the winning team in the afternoon. I even contributed some correct answers including Scott Walker and The Ramones! So I'm feeling good now. Quizzers are nice people, as well. That matters.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 21 Jan 2018, 17:10

I've a blocked ear and this ointment I'm using seems to be not working. It was all just nodding and smiling in the pub last night pretending I understood what folk were saying.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 21 Jan 2018, 21:37

*nods*
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Jan 2018, 19:40

The Great Defector wrote:I've a blocked ear and this ointment I'm using seems to be not working. It was all just nodding and smiling in the pub last night pretending I understood what folk were saying.

if it only worked the other way 'round.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 23 Jan 2018, 10:59

sloopjohnc wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:I've a blocked ear and this ointment I'm using seems to be not working. It was all just nodding and smiling in the pub last night pretending I understood what folk were saying.

Since you care Bro.

I went to the doctor today, unable to unblock it. This lead to him taking my blood pressure and taking blood for checking. :? A blocked ear leads to that? It's been nice knowing most......some of you.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 23 Jan 2018, 14:56

The Great Defector wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

Since you care Bro.

I went to the doctor today, unable to unblock it. This lead to him taking my blood pressure and taking blood for checking. :? A blocked ear leads to that? It's been nice knowing most......some of you.

Many years ago, my mom went to the doctor's with a sore elbow. So they took x-rays of her head. From that, they diagnosed her with bursitis. :lol:
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 23 Jan 2018, 15:05

souphound wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

Since you care Bro.

Many years ago, my mom went to the doctor's with a sore elbow. So they took x-rays of her head. From that, they diagnosed her with bursitis. :lol:

:lol: That's like when you go to good sports physio and they start examining your foot, then ask you when did you break your collar bone? You're like, "what kinda black magic is this?".

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Jan 2018, 05:29

Matt Wilson wrote:So I had a diabetic 'incident' yesterday. I had taken my usual dose of insulin for lunch - but played some basketball with a student after that. Nothing too serious, just a game of horse. Then I got an oil change after school and when I was driving home I got confused. I couldn't remember how to get home so I just kept driving. This must've gone on for twenty minutes but I lost all track of time, so it's hard to tell how long I was in this predicament. After awhile my vision started to blur, but I wasn't all that worried because I couldn't tell if I was dreaming or not - and no alarms were going off in my head warning me of danger or anything. I just kept driving. A bit later there were literally three images of the car in front of me and then I knew things were not good. But still, I wasn't all that worried. Eventually, a paramedic was telling me to get out of the car. I guess I had pulled over or something - or maybe he had pulled up beside me and told me to pull over - I can't recall. He took my blood sugar and it was about 20. Which is pretty damned low. He asked me a bunch of questions, all of which I answered correctly, I think - except I didn't know what year it was. So he injects me with some glucose and I'm back to normal in about two minutes. I'm guessing the basketball made my blood sugar level go down or something - who knows?

I didn't go to the hospital after that and they didn't press too much on that issue. Now, I'm thinking that possibly someone called the cops when I was swerving or something - how else would they have come? Anyway, I'm not gonna tell anyone I know about it - they would only give me grief for not taking better care of myself and I get that enough as it is. So BCB is the only place I can vent about it. The paramedic wanted to know if I was on drugs of course. He asked me a bunch of questions about that. I had a Jethro Tull Aqualung box set in my car that I was going to take to a post office and mail back to the guy I bought it from on eBay. It was all boxed up and on the seat next to me. So the guy suspects that there could've been drugs in the package and he opened it up. Now I'm wondering if that is a sign to keep the box and not send it back. I couldn't get the blu ray disc to work in my player. I'm still considering what to do.
Hey, I had to include some kind've music info in my little story to keep your interest!

Glad it turned out ok Matt. You might want to talk to your MD about that so that he can give you some pointers on how to keep it from repeating. You could have died or killed someone. I hope that doesn't sound harsh because I mean it in the most helpful way and apologize if it doesn't come off that way. A blood sugar of 20 is not ncredibly low. No wonder you felt so weird. I hope you don't have any more of those incidents. Gladyou are ok.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Jan 2018, 13:45

I started smoking again about a month ago. I also noticed I was drinking to excess on the weekend a few times and didn't like the hangovers and they lasted so much longer. Not like I was smoking or drinking in the past, but still. . .

I decided to quit drinking and smoking again on Monday. I got my patches and just decided not to open a wine bottle at night.

I did the same thing last year and stopped drinking for almost six months and stopped smoking for more than a year.

As I get older, I really notice the difference and I can build up the habit of NOT doing both pretty quickly.

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Jan 2018, 19:56

I have really lost the taste for over indulging in alcohol these days. I drink a glass or two of wine with the big meal of the day, usually in the evening and I rarely drink more than one beer if I do decide to have one and most of the time when it is not tied to my meal it is either with a friend at a local beer place or the micro brewery that is two blocks from the house. Having the alcohol with the meal slows down absorption into the bloodstream and I think it gives me more time to think about that second glass. That might not help someone who is used to drinking alcohol away from the meal but I've never been one to drink on an empty stomach. The few times I did in my youth didn't turn out well and for me hangovers are to be avoided. As my ex would say optional suffering, and as you note John, they are harder on the body when you are older.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Jan 2018, 21:39

Not a revelation, but the US has to reign in firearms. Two beautiful children died in Kentucky yesterday when their classmate decided to open fire. It was the 11th school shooting of 2018. There was another school shooting in the midwest later that day.

Their parents sent them to school in the morning, maybe made some lunches for them, and then had to ID their bodies later in the day.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 26 Jan 2018, 20:33

So today was odd. I turned up for work to find that I've been loaned out to a project, starting immediately. I have to sort through legal papers prior to the council moving to new premises. The catch is that the papers are stored in a room that is in a section of Town Hall being re-developed by builders. So, for the first time in an office career that began in 1986, I had to don a hi-vis yellow jacket and a hard helmet to go to work....

Conditions: dusty....

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 26 Jan 2018, 20:35

Sat in Preston hospital critical care unit, waiting for news of my dad. Three hours he's been in theatre after suffering an aneurysm this morning. Never felt so helpless.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 26 Jan 2018, 20:37

Oh man, DF. I know that feeling.

Fingers crossed...

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 26 Jan 2018, 20:39

Hope you have good news, DF...

Return to “Nextdoorland”