MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby The Modernist » 18 Mar 2018, 19:58

Happy birthday to Sinor Lettre!

Thanks to everyone for their support on FB which has generated quite a few sales today. My old mate Nev (not Sharp!) bought one of my most expensive items, I dunno if he just did it to give me a helping hand but as he's a semi tax exile in Bermuda I reckon he can afford it! (and it is a nice piece)

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 19 Mar 2018, 13:19

We've got a flat-roofed house and a few times over the past couple of weeks, a family of raccoons have been having dance parties over our heads while we're trying to sleep. They had two parties last night - one at 2am, and another just after 5am. I'm not a deep sleeper, so these things always wake me up and I can't get back to sleep until everything is quiet again. I'm not exactly at my wit's end over this, but it is pretty annoying, and I'm not sure how to prevent them from continuing their little escapades. I'm considering buying some Black Cat firecrackers and lobbing one or two up there the next time they show up, in the hopes that it'll scare them off enough to keep them from coming back. I'm sure it'll annoy and/or startle the neighbours, but I think that's a price I'm willing to pay to get a good night's sleep. Stay tuned...
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 19 Mar 2018, 14:18

NMB wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:
NMB wrote:I recently had my 2-yearly health check, nothing nasty found I'm pleased to say. After the cardiovascular tests I was told that I'm as fit as the average 25-29 year-old (I'm 52), which really pleased me until I got to wondering just how unfit the average 25-29 year old probably is these days.

Sounds like you're in very good shape. Not sure what it says about the average fitness levels of 25-29 year olds though.

You're the one who runs up mountains. If I'm 29 you must be 19.

Haha, 19 in my dreams, but I’m not falling apart just yet.

Six String

Postby Six String » 19 Mar 2018, 18:06

I am presently going theough a self directed reduction in my narcotic pain meds. I am do tired of all the negative things around their use. I've been on them over ten years now and I'mve simply had enough. I have no idea where my pain threshold is because I've been on such high doses so long I feel I'm feeding an addiction more than treating the pain. So I've stopped taking my 60mg oxycontin tabs that I took twice a day and I'm using the 10mg percoset (same drug with tylenol) to keep tge pain away while. So far I am using 60mg less per day (just started a few days ago). The only down side is that I woke up Sunday fairly uncomfortable after deejaying for four hours. I'm assuming that was the reason as it required a lot of upper body movement which is what has always aggravated my problem. I probably should have laid low the first few days so I think I learned something there. I am not sure I can get completely off of them but I am going to certainly try. Worse that can happen is I'll probably be able lower my dose considerably with this "reset." Wish me luck.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 19 Mar 2018, 19:38

Is this something you can talk to your doctor about? 'Cause it sounds like something you maybe should. Good luck, regardless.

Six String

Postby Six String » 19 Mar 2018, 19:57

Charlie O. wrote:Is this something you can talk to your doctor about? 'Cause it sounds like something you maybe should. Good luck, regardless.

Unfortunately not even if I do agree with you on an academic level. He's a conservative Christian doctor who is against any use of canabis and he has started requiring me to sign a form every year that I won't use any illicit drugs, won't shop around for more prescriptions, etc. I have never done anything against his rules except using canabis so that's the big roadblock. I've felt he has mismanaged my neck issues for years now. While he'd like to see me take less pain meds he doesn't offer anything else that will help in that reduction. The things I've done to regulate the constipation issues around the meds is not working anymore and I'm just sick to death of being looked at like an addict and being treated like a parolee. I reduced my dosage a smaller amount on my own without his involvement so I feel like I can do it. I still have plenty of pain meds in case I need them
and I am still taking some but much less than I was taking and so far I am doing ok and some of my "symptoms" have already began improving so I know I'm on the right track. It might turn out that I wil need some level of the drug but until I reduce my intake enough to feel some pain I won't have any idea where that point really is. I've been on oxycontin for over ten years and I'm just sick of everything associated with it. I'm not afraid to ask for help but I don't feel I need it at this point.
Last edited by Six String on 19 Mar 2018, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Mar 2018, 21:39

Good luck Les. Surely you're able to get a different doc? Just go to someone else. I don't like the thought of you doing this unaided really.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 19 Mar 2018, 23:46

Alleged Local Policeman wrote:Good luck Les. Surely you're able to get a different doc? Just go to someone else. I don't like the thought of you doing this unaided really.

Yes, my plan is to get a new doc I feel I can trust and who trusts me. This isn't quite like a junkie king cking a habit. I am merely reducing my doses per day and monitering the way I feel and taking it easy physically. I have reduced my dosage before on a smaller scale and I didn't involve my doc either and when I told him after I did it he didn't seem concerned. I won't put myself in harm's way. I know there is s a good chance I won't be able to free myself completely but I want to find out what my real need is so I have to remove the part that is merely supporting the addiction. It's been four days now and nothing bad has happened so I'm not worried. I appreciate your concern though, I really do.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 20 Mar 2018, 00:01

Good luck Les. Hope it all helps you feel better.
You don't like me...do you?

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Mar 2018, 17:44

Thanks, that is the reason for attempting this Herculean task. I know it won't be easy but I really feel I need to try and get away from these narcotics if I can.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 20 Mar 2018, 20:22

Best wishes, Les. I'm sure you can do it

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 21 Mar 2018, 11:05

I saw a girl on the streetcar yesterday, reading this:

Holding it right up in front of her face, so that everybody could see it.

I think she's doing it wrong.

Or maybe not...

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 21 Mar 2018, 12:11

Six String wrote:Thanks, that is the reason for attempting this Herculean task. I know it won't be easy but I really feel I need to try and get away from these narcotics if I can.

Take care mate- it's awesome that you take the step and in such a measured way too.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Mar 2018, 17:20

So far so good. As soon as I get my new medical card for my retirement coverage I am going to shop for a new doctor. I'm covered going back to March 1 but it will be less confusing if I have my new membership number, etc. It should be arriving any time now.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Mar 2018, 01:34

Good! :)
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 22 Mar 2018, 07:01

Good luck with it, Six String :)
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Mar 2018, 17:15

Since some are showing concern I want to pass on some good news. It might seem small but it isn't to me. I've usually tried to time my percoset dose near bedtime and it has meant that four hours later my body has woken up to tell me it was time to take another. I keep the pills on my night stand so I could take it without getting out of bed. Ladt night I slept six hours before that waking moment to take my pill. On top of that I am feeling really great this morning. Not sure if it was better sleep or not but I think it is more than that. I feel lighter and more energetic and generally in a happier mood. It's the best I've felt since starting this process a week ago. I think it tells me I am on the right path and I've crossed some line. Coincidently a friend is taking me to dinner for a planned celebration of my retirement at one of our favorite restaurants in town. We've been trying to do this for a few weeks but I caught a cold two weeks ago and I wanted to wait until it had cleared out to celebrate. So I think I'll be celebrating two milestones in my life instead of one. I am really encouraged by this change in my body that appeared to happen overnight. Onward and upward!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 22 Mar 2018, 19:26

Good stuff, Les. I hope it keeps going in this direction for you.

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Mar 2018, 22:46

Thanks Harv!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 23 Mar 2018, 04:45

Excellent!

Return to “Nextdoorland”