MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
harvey k-tel
Long Player

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby harvey k-tel » 25 Oct 2018, 21:40

Six String wrote:Canadian Geese

They're actually called 'Canada Geese'. They even have 'em over in Europe!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 25 Oct 2018, 22:32

My employee's roommate hanged himself the other day. Seems they found him by following their noses. :cry:
They weren't close, I guess, but of course my employee is shaken. I'm kind of at a loss for what to say other than letting him know it's not his fault and such.
Weird, weird situation.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 Oct 2018, 22:48

Count Machuki wrote:My employee's roommate hanged himself the other day. Seems they found him by following their noses. :cry:
They weren't close, I guess, but of course my employee is shaken. I'm kind of at a loss for what to say other than letting him know it's not his fault and such.
Weird, weird situation.

Years ago, a co-worker of my wife killed herself. They were fairly close work friends. Her fiancee called off the engagement on Friday and she never showed up for work on Monday. It shook up my wife for a few days. The woman shot herself with her fiancee's gun (he was a cop).
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 Oct 2018, 23:13

harvey k-tel wrote:
Six String wrote:Canadian Geese

They're actually called 'Canada Geese'. They even have 'em over in Europe!

Oh, right. I forgot that little detail.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 Oct 2018, 23:14

sloopjohnc wrote:
Six String wrote:I drove out to the Consumnes River Wildlife Preserve about thirty minutes from the house to check on the waterfowl migration. I saw some Northern Pintails, Coots, Canadian Geese and a few others I didn't know with out looking them up in my book. So not a lot of variety but it's early in the migration. I thought I heard a Sandhill Crane but never saw one. Oh, and redwing blackbirds which I enjoy when they are singing. All in all a nice walk in the woods.

Since I took the highway to the preserve I saw commute traffic for the first time in months. Fortunately I was going the opposite direction which was comparatively free of cars and by the time I headed home all those other poor bastards had made it to work. Work? I don't miss it one bit. :)

You live on the Hwy 5 side of Sacramento, Les?

Only a couple of miles east of it.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 26 Oct 2018, 17:55

Last night I made a return to public performance although it was only an acoustic jam session. Still it felt good to get out there again. When I got home I realised that I am dys away from that night in 2006 when my right arm and neck started hurting during a performance at a friend's backyard fund raiser that led to my diagnosis of my neck disease. Fortunately nothing bad happened last night but it did give me pause.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Oct 2018, 19:07

Six String wrote:Last night I made a return to public performance although it was only an acoustic jam session. Still it felt good to get out there again. When I got home I realised that I am dys away from that night in 2006 when my right arm and neck started hurting during a performance at a friend's backyard fund raiser that led to my diagnosis of my neck disease. Fortunately nothing bad happened last night but it did give me pause.

So you're saying it didn't hurt and that surprised you?

Maybe if you just do it more infrequently.

My dentist had to retire because he couldn't do long procedures because his neck would hurt so badly after half an hour. The short stints didn't bug him, but he had to sell his practice after trying everything.

Six String

Postby Six String » 26 Oct 2018, 20:38

sloopjohnc wrote:
Six String wrote:Last night I made a return to public performance although it was only an acoustic jam session. Still it felt good to get out there again. When I got home I realised that I am dys away from that night in 2006 when my right arm and neck started hurting during a performance at a friend's backyard fund raiser that led to my diagnosis of my neck disease. Fortunately nothing bad happened last night but it did give me pause.

So you're saying it didn't hurt and that surprised you?

Maybe if you just do it more infrequently.

My dentist had to retire because he couldn't do long procedures because his neck would hurt so badly after half an hour. The short stints didn't bug him, but he had to sell his practice after trying everything.

Not a surprise necessarily but a bit spooky considering the anniversary. My neck disease did not go away. The difference is that the nerves that were causing all the pain are no longer doing that. When they stopped I have no idea because I was so heavily medicated for so long and I had a doc who didn't seem interested in taking any time to explore tge possibility that things might have gotten better. Much easier to check my ROM, ask a few questions and write the scripts.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 26 Oct 2018, 22:46

Just watched David's band do their first headline gig in Glasgow.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Oct 2018, 22:49

Jeemo wrote:Just watched David's band do their first headline gig in Glasgow.

How was it?

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 26 Oct 2018, 23:03

sloopjohnc wrote:
Jeemo wrote:Just watched David's band do their first headline gig in Glasgow.

How was it?

they went down well, Edinburgh headlining next week.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 29 Oct 2018, 23:16

I got another fundraising campaign. Charlotte Symphony this time.

That brings me back up to five marketing/fundraising campaigns, since Philadelphia Orchestra took their business elsewhere.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Oct 2018, 23:19

Count Machuki wrote:I got another fundraising campaign. Charlotte Symphony this time.

That brings me back up to five marketing/fundraising campaigns, since Philadelphia Orchestra took their business elsewhere.

We should call you "Maestro."

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 30 Oct 2018, 16:17

This is how boring my life is. I had a dream last night about going to Old Navy and buying khaki pants for work.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Nov 2018, 16:41

My son woke up today and didn't feel very good after last night's Halloween ramblings with his friends.

When I called the school's attendance clerk to tell her my son was going to be absent, you have to have a reason.

I told her that my son had a Halloween Hangover. She laughed and understood.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 01 Nov 2018, 17:05

Decide to wake up at sunrise and take some photos around my town as it is peak fall this week. After spending an hour or so taking photos we went closer to work to shoot some more at a pond by work. We set everything up took a few shots and then went to change lens and kicked my tripod with tumbled into the pond. Luckly I was able to grab it by the legs and pull it out without jumping into the water. Camera and lens got wet but believe camera is okay as we dried and cleaned it. Still got some nice shots.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 02 Nov 2018, 00:46

When you have a fucked knee and four cats who are all suddenly obsessed with sitting on your fucked knee.....and your workplace is fizzing with inter-colleague hatred....and the only thing you get through the post today is a free sample of Tena Lady products.....
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 02 Nov 2018, 09:51

..or you kindly offer to spend the night at your son's to help with the, currently, nocturnal baby and have to get up at 6 to run home for breakfast before getting ready for work.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 02 Nov 2018, 11:39

Belle Lettre wrote:..or you kindly offer to spend the night at your son's to help with the, currently, nocturnal baby and have to get up at 6 to run home for breakfast before getting ready for work.

FOL
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 02 Nov 2018, 15:26

Belle Lettre wrote:..or you kindly offer to spend the night at your son's to help with the, currently, nocturnal baby and have to get up at 6 to run home for breakfast before getting ready for work.

Man, I remember those days. Except they were our babies and not my children's.

Return to “Nextdoorland”