MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Very Stable Baron
Diamond Geezer

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Very Stable Baron » 23 Dec 2017, 15:20

Six String wrote:I wanted to take my last seven weeks off before officially retiring but the company rule is you have you work your last day. So I'll take seven weeks off minus one day then work the last day of February and then fuck off. I could retire earlier but there's a 6%tax penalty and I paid rhat back in October when I cased in 80 hours so I decided the govt. got enough money from me so I'll be stubborn and collect what's owed.

Congrats, Six!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Dec 2017, 15:22

Six String wrote:I wanted to take my last seven weeks off before officially retiring but the company rule is you have you work your last day. So I'll take seven weeks off minus one day then work the last day of February and then fuck off. I could retire earlier but there's a 6%tax penalty and I paid rhat back in October when I cased in 80 hours so I decided the govt. got enough money from me so I'll be stubborn and collect what's owed.

Excellent stuff Les! Enjoy it! Well in seven weeks anyway!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 23 Dec 2017, 15:23

This has been a pretty eventful year for you, Les. You have plans once you retire?
OCT wrote:Roger Waters is a cunt and his music is fucking shit.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 23 Dec 2017, 16:33

I have a friend who lives in Idaho and posted the pic below.

Webster (last name) and I had PE first period in high school. On rainy days, we used to have to run under the courtyard hallway overhangs that were around the school. About two laps in after the teacher went back to his office, we'd sneak down to the parking lot, hop in one of our cars, get stoned and get donuts downtown and rush back to join everybody running. After class on one of these days, the PE teacher asked the class why they couldn't run as hard as Webster and Crook

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 23 Dec 2017, 23:26

Mom’s in the hospital again. Dad noticed this morning that she was slurring her words and not remembering the names of old friends so he called 911.

That was around noon or so and it’s now almost six. She’s had some tests that suggested that if it was a stroke it was a minor one. But while her speech is no longer slurred, she’s only sporadically making sense. A doctor was trying to ask her what happened and she was answering questions different from the ones he was asking. He and I looked at each other and I said “uh oh.”

That was some hours ago and we’re still waiting for an MRI. When she’s making sense at all she’s often substituting words (a cloth bag that came with her is now her “inheritance”).

This is some scary shit.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 23 Dec 2017, 23:37

Charlie O. wrote:Mom’s in the hospital again. Dad noticed this morning that she was slurring her words and not remembering the names of old friends so he called 911.

That was around noon or so and it’s now almost six. She’s had some tests that suggested that if it was a stroke it was a minor one. But while her speech is no longer slurred, she’s only sporadically making sense. A doctor was trying to ask her what happened and she was answering questions different from the ones he was asking. He and I looked at each other and I said “uh oh.”

That was some hours ago and we’re still waiting for an MRI. When she’s making sense at all she’s often substituting words (a cloth bag that came with her is now her “inheritance”).

This is some scary shit.

It's no fun.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 23 Dec 2017, 23:40

I'm sorry to hear this, Charlie.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Dec 2017, 23:44

Charlie O. wrote:Mom’s in the hospital again. Dad noticed this morning that she was slurring her words and not remembering the names of old friends so he called 911.

This is some scary shit.

I'm sorry love. I hope everything goes as well as it can. At the risk of sounding like I love hospitals, which I do, she is in the right place. xx
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 23 Dec 2017, 23:44

Hope it is minor indeed Charlie, take care.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 24 Dec 2017, 03:42

Sorry to hear this, Charlie. I hope everything's okay.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 24 Dec 2017, 03:49

Yeah, cheers, Charlie. Having just gone through seeing my mom through a stroke (which fortunately turned out to be minor, but it was in the final straw in the recognition that she needed full-time care) I know how nerve-wracking it can be. Hoping for the best possible scenario.
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 24 Dec 2017, 04:21

Thanks, all. She still hasn't had her MRI. Hopefully we'll find out more tomorrow.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 24 Dec 2017, 08:59

Hope things get sorted soon Charlie.

A few weeks after catching a cold off Madame, which she picked up from nursery. She's given me an early Christmas present....cough, splutter sneeze...
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 25 Dec 2017, 02:48

Mom update: she had her MRI early this morning, and there is absolutely no imdication that she had any kind of a stroke. What she does have - which I think I forgot to tell you before - is pneumonia. The doctors now think that what we’re seeing is the result of infection getting into her brain. They have her on antibiotics and they say that her brain should clear up when the pneumonia does. Within a week, with luck.

This is way better news than I was expecting.

We needed it, too, because today she’s gone from talkative-but-incomprehensible to almost completely uncommunicative, and still uncooperative. At some point last night or early this morning she ripped the IV thingie out of her arm, leaving a nice meaty wound. They had to put her on Ativan to get her calmed down enough for the MRI, with the result that she slept a lot today. Which was nice, actually. I hope she’ll sleep through the night (though I’ll be surprised if she does).

fange

Postby fange » 25 Dec 2017, 12:42

Wishing her a speedy recovery, Charlie.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 25 Dec 2017, 14:43

Likewise. Take care.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 25 Dec 2017, 18:41

Short update: Mom is dramatically better today - talking, even making sense a lot of the time, cooperating with the nurses instead of fighting them... She’s still struggling to remember some things, there’s a little bit of “word salad” occasionally, and I think she’s vaguely disturbed that she can’t remember much of anything from the last day and a half (a blessing, I think) - but I really wasn’t expecting her to make this much progress this quickly. A wonderful Christmas gift.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 25 Dec 2017, 19:03

Marvelous, Charlie! Great to hear!

My family is coming over later tonight - my mom's first Christmas since she's been living in her assisted care place - and all the cliches are true - the biggest gift of all is being together and all alive and (relatively) healthy. She's also looking forward to seeing Roscoe. It's been a rough year, but here we are. We made it.
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 25 Dec 2017, 19:08

Right on, hatz. Merry Christmas!

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 Dec 2017, 22:07

Glad things are improving on your end with your mom Charlie. Hopefully she continues to improve..