MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 May 2018, 04:02

Had an earthquake tonight - a bouncy one that didn't last long.

Usually they shake or roll, but this one was bouncy.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 15 May 2018, 13:54

Sorry to hear Carol.

Was lucky to enough to go to a wedding in Tuscany over the weekend. I really am a caricature.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 15 May 2018, 17:57

Our daughter got new shoes yesterday. She was all excited about them already, but we found out this morning they light up with each step! Wow! This made her even more excited. She couldn't wait to show them to her buddies. Then we get to school, and it turns out that Fancy Montessori School has a strict "no lightup shoes" policy. What a bummer.

I'm unusually sad about the whole affair.

:(
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 May 2018, 18:03

Count Machuki wrote:Our daughter got new shoes yesterday. She was all excited about them already, but we found out this morning they light up with each step! Wow! This made her even more excited. She couldn't wait to show them to her buddies. Then we get to school, and it turns out that Fancy Montessori School has a strict "no lightup shoes" policy. What a bummer.

I'm unusually sad about the whole affair.

You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 15 May 2018, 18:11

Count Machuki wrote: that Fancy Montessori School has a strict "no lightup shoes" policy.

Good lord, why? I thought Montessori schools were supposed to be less restrictive, and all about creative expression?
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 May 2018, 18:20

I had a very short friend with very small feet I used to work with years ago. She was thrilled to get cheap trainers from a child’s store to take away with her on honeymoon to a very flash hotel in Italy. She ran out onto the tennis court in joy only to notice strange looks from her fellow guests. She had unwittingly bought some with flashing purple lights whenever she bounced.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 May 2018, 18:32

toomanyhatz wrote:
Count Machuki wrote: that Fancy Montessori School has a strict "no lightup shoes" policy.

Good lord, why? I thought Montessori schools were supposed to be less restrictive, and all about creative expression?

That's what I woulda thunk too.

We checked out a Montessori School for my daughter many moons ago, but I got the impression talking to the teacher that their open expression was very much on their terms. We didn't have her go there.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 15 May 2018, 18:33

toomanyhatz wrote:

You'd think so, right? God knows, I guess it distracts the other kids from curing cancer or figuring our why bad things happen to good people or whatever.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 15 May 2018, 18:34

Minnie the Minx wrote:I had a very short friend with very small feet I used to work with years ago. She was thrilled to get cheap trainers from a child’s store to take away with her on honeymoon to a very flash hotel in Italy. She ran out onto the tennis court in joy only to notice strange looks from her fellow guests. She had unwittingly bought some with flashing purple lights whenever she bounced.

:lol:

Glad it wasn't just us that had no clue the dang things could light up.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 May 2018, 18:38

Count Machuki wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:

You'd think so, right? God knows, I guess it distracts the other kids from curing cancer or figuring our why bad things happen to good people or whatever.

Unlike Minnie's friend, there are only certain windows in life where you can wear shoes that light up or have Elmo on them and get away with it. Those times should be celebrated

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 15 May 2018, 22:18

Perhaps we could get Donald Glover to write a song about it?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 16 May 2018, 13:15

A good friend and colleague went to A&E on Monday morning with a suspected torn ligament. Whilst he was there, I'm still not sure why, the staff treating him ran some tests and became concerned about some of his other symptoms, and he was admitted to hospital for more tests.

This morning he was diagnosed with Acute Leukaemia, and is starting an immediate course of treatment.

Christ.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 16 May 2018, 15:37

Insouciant Western People wrote:A good friend and colleague went to A&E on Monday morning with a suspected torn ligament. Whilst he was there, I'm still not sure why, the staff treating him ran some tests and became concerned about some of his other symptoms, and he was admitted to hospital for more tests.

This morning he was diagnosed with Acute Leukaemia, and is starting an immediate course of treatment.

Christ.

Sorry to hear about this. You always think there'll be some warning, or some reason these things happen. And so often you dont, and there isn't.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 May 2018, 16:54

hippopotamus wrote:
Insouciant Western People wrote:A good friend and colleague went to A&E on Monday morning with a suspected torn ligament. Whilst he was there, I'm still not sure why, the staff treating him ran some tests and became concerned about some of his other symptoms, and he was admitted to hospital for more tests.

Christ.

Sorry to hear about this. You always think there'll be some warning, or some reason these things happen. And so often you dont, and there isn't.

My mom found out she had leukemia because she felt tired for a couple months and couldn't figure out the reason why. Her doctor ordered some blood tests, because she was older, and the found it that way.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 17 May 2018, 08:47

Should I feel insulted by these air conditioning units?

This is staring at me from the meeting room right now, btw.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 May 2018, 16:11

Its going to be 100 degrees here today.

Dr Markus wrote:

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 May 2018, 17:20

This is going viral, but a couple of weeks ago a woman saw two guys with a portable BBQ grill at Lake Merritt, a downtown park in Oakland (been there many times). She called cops because she said it was non-designated BBQ area and below is what ensued.

I don't know about you, but it wouldn't have bugged me in the first place that some people were BBQing. If it did bug me, I would have emailed the Oakland Park & Rec dept to tell them to monitor illegal BBQing. If it bugged me.

What I wouldn't have done is stand near the people 'til the cops came.

I think she got what she deserved.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 May 2018, 22:46

I manage a company YouTube channel so I have to go on there semi-frequently for work.

More a rhetorical question, but why so many ads for Grammarly? What kind of word processing programs are people using that don't have a grammar and spell check?

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 17 May 2018, 23:40

Re-read your posts.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 May 2018, 11:55

Planned to go for drinks with a few friends before I decided to get back in to the gym. 3 days in to getting fit and i'm defeating the purpose by going for pints. No I can't hear or see anyone say "just don't go for pints", sorry can't see you write that.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Return to “Nextdoorland”