MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Oct 2018, 22:12

Wally Bingbang wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:I was just in the company communal kitchen and an engineering tech mentioned to me, "Thanks for all the work."

I barely did anything for the last trade show, but said, "No problem. Happy to do it."

The vice president at work stopped by my area last week and started going on about how much the company appreciates "all my hard work" and stuff like that, which is very nice and is something that never really happens except when they hand out the christmas bonuses, but I was really taken by surprise and could only parrot back a few things he had already said to me about how difficult some things were to photograph, etc. I kinda wish I'd had my wits about me, but oh well...

Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 19 Oct 2018, 22:21

:)

I wish I had time these days to pretend to look annoyed, because I'm very good at it!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

joels344

Postby joels344 » 20 Oct 2018, 16:36

I'm going to sell some used books and records today and then buy more used books and records.
90s Cup Champion, The Prog Cup 2019 Champion

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Oct 2018, 20:55

Today, I perfected a parallel parking. Both tires six inches from the curb. I wish I'd taken a photo.

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Oct 2018, 20:43

Parallel parking is something I've been good at for a long time. I guess I paid attention during driving ed.

Like you I've been enjoying the autumn weather. I especially like not using the a/c or the heater. It lowers my monthly bills and the temp feels perfect on my skin.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 23 Oct 2018, 00:08

After climbing a 2,500 ft. hill yesterday, I treated my son and his buddy to lunch. We went to a local pizza place. We each ordered a salad bar salad and individual pizza.

My son got coleslaw, bbq sauce and pineapple on his. It wasn't bad.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 23 Oct 2018, 19:23

Sunday, my son got really pissed off at me because I called him on something that was really stupid. I could've reacted better, but we patched stuff up.

Last night, I picked him up from his mom's after school, but felt like the situation needed a bit more resolution.

I told him that when I was his age, I hated my dad for a couple reasons. The first one was that I thought he was too critical and wasn't more understanding. The other was, as any typical teenager, I realized he was a flawed man and not perfect. In fact, I thought he was an idiot.

I told him that it wasn't until I got into my mid to late 20s that I realized that he was just a guy trying to do the best he could for his family - and while he may not have made the right choices, he had my best intentions in mind. I also told him that I didn't handle the Sunday situation as best as I could and could've supported him a bit more.

I ended up by saying that I wanted to tell him that now, at 16, so he may not have to wait until later in life to come to the conclusion, that while I'm not a perfect dad, I love him more than anything, but I'm just an average schmo, like my dad, and can see why I might be doing something and understand that I love him no matter what, even if he doesn't really appreciate the outcome or stuff I lay down.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 23 Oct 2018, 19:42

I just found out that one of my favorite sports play-by-play guys died, Hank Greenwald. Really helped in my love of sports.

Known for his extensive knowledge and dry wit, Greenwald was the Giants’ lead radio announcer from 1979-86, returning in 1989 through the 1996 season. He also broadcast Warriors games with the San Francisco/Golden State Warriors in the 1960s and early 70s.

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 24 Oct 2018, 00:28

This big guy is hanging with us this week while his peeps are on vacation. His name is Chet:

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Oct 2018, 00:35

$P.Muff$ wrote:This big guy is hanging with us this week while his peeps are on vacation. His name is Chet:

Nice dog.

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 24 Oct 2018, 01:14

sloopjohnc wrote:
$P.Muff$ wrote:This big guy is hanging with us this week while his peeps are on vacation. His name is Chet:

Nice dog.

He's super cool. Very smart and playful. Like my dog, he's also a stray. Some jerk-off dumped him on the side of the road as a pup (very common here in Dixie).

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Oct 2018, 16:52

I've known lots of people, who when they quit drinking, have dreams where the alcohol flows and they are drinking all the time. I never had those.

Last night, though, I had this panoramic dream where years passed and every time I drank, I got spiritually punished for it, where something bad happened right after I had any alcohol at all. It wasn't pleasant.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 24 Oct 2018, 16:58

The other day I biked over to my urologist's office for a pee pill refill and the office was closed. I returned the next day and it was closed again. I noticed this time, however, a scotch taped notice on the door. I can't read Japanese and wished I had brought my phone to take a picture of the notice to show M. I returned again today and the office was still closed but I had my phone so I took a picture of the notice. A few minutes ago I showed my camera to M and she looked and gasped. "What?" I said and she said, "Your doctor is dead."
Question authority.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Oct 2018, 19:20

Jimbo wrote:The other day I biked over to my urologist's office for a pee pill refill and the office was closed. I returned the next day and it was closed again. I noticed this time, however, a scotch taped notice on the door. I can't read Japanese and wished I had brought my phone to take a picture of the notice to show M. I returned again today and the office was still closed but I had my phone so I took a picture of the notice. A few minutes ago I showed my camera to M and she looked and gasped. "What?" I said and she said, "Your doctor is dead."

Yikes!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Oct 2018, 19:55

Austin and the surrounding areas have been hit with torrential rain and flooding for what seems like weeks now. Communities have been swept away and destroyed and Ladybird Lake in the centre of town is halfway up the trees. We are having to boil all water as the silt shifts have meant they cannot guarantee that water is clean. I complain about the heat, but I’m ready for it to be over.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 24 Oct 2018, 20:43

Wow, that is pretty extreme.
We had one of the driest and warmest winters here up to a point where we had bushfires in the state well before they were expected....two weeks ago that drought was broken in a pretty humid and torrid way. My garden all of a sudden spouted mushrooms- never had that happen before in this season.

Anyway, stay safe!
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 Oct 2018, 00:14

Thinking of going to the National Cowboy Poetry MeetIng in Elko, Nevada in late January. What a hoot. Poetry, Yodeling, the cowboy way, music of course.....

Anyone been to this? Yeah, right. :lol:
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 Oct 2018, 00:32

Six String wrote:Thinking of going to the National Cowboy Poetry MeetIng in Elko, Nevada in late January. What a hoot. Poetry, Yodeling, the cowboy way, music of course.....

Anyone been to this? Yeah, right. :lol:

I've always wanted to kinda go. Sounds like fun.

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 Oct 2018, 19:07

I drove out to the Consumnes River Wildlife Preserve about thirty minutes from the house to check on the waterfowl migration. I saw some Northern Pintails, Coots, Canadian Geese and a few others I didn't know with out looking them up in my book. So not a lot of variety but it's early in the migration. I thought I heard a Sandhill Crane but never saw one. Oh, and redwing blackbirds which I enjoy when they are singing. All in all a nice walk in the woods.

Since I took the highway to the preserve I saw commute traffic for the first time in months. Fortunately I was going the opposite direction which was comparatively free of cars and by the time I headed home all those other poor bastards had made it to work. Work? I don't miss it one bit. :)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 Oct 2018, 21:23

Six String wrote:I drove out to the Consumnes River Wildlife Preserve about thirty minutes from the house to check on the waterfowl migration. I saw some Northern Pintails, Coots, Canadian Geese and a few others I didn't know with out looking them up in my book. So not a lot of variety but it's early in the migration. I thought I heard a Sandhill Crane but never saw one. Oh, and redwing blackbirds which I enjoy when they are singing. All in all a nice walk in the woods.

Since I took the highway to the preserve I saw commute traffic for the first time in months. Fortunately I was going the opposite direction which was comparatively free of cars and by the time I headed home all those other poor bastards had made it to work. Work? I don't miss it one bit. :)

You live on the Hwy 5 side of Sacramento, Les?

Return to “Nextdoorland”