MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Flower

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 17 Oct 2019, 11:44

Very windy right now. I hate windy days ...

Reminds me of the time that I was climbing a mountain in France when a mistral started and blew a little boy eating giant sandwich away. The sandwich was found but not the boy. ;)

It's starting out to be "one of those days" .. need some humor.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 17 Oct 2019, 14:43

I mentioned a while back that my local was closing at the beginning of October, which has sadly happened, but as part of their closing "wake" they had a silent auction of artworks and fixtures from the place and I was lucky enough (or foolish enough depending on your $ viewpoint) to get the "iconic" painting of a 50's Monte Carlo rally scene that has hung over the bar for the past 30 years. It was in pretty rough shape - covered in nicotine and cooking grease, with bits of paint chipped off here and there, so I had it cleaned and restored by a guy that we deal with here at work. Anyway, I got it back today and I'm really pleased with the results. I'm restoring the frame myself, which is almost done and soon it will be hanging in a place of pride in my house.

Before:

After:

Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 17 Oct 2019, 15:05

Flower wrote:Very windy right now. I hate windy days ...

Reminds me of the time that I was climbing a mountain in France when a mistral started and blew a little boy eating giant sandwich away. The sandwich was found but not the boy. ;)

It's starting out to be "one of those days" .. need some humor.

:lol: thanks just spit up my coffee laughing. I needed that!

Flower

Postby Flower » 18 Oct 2019, 13:52

The foster cat escaped this morning. I managed to entice him with Party Mix but in the process,our Zombie neighbor's motion detectors kept going off when I was in my back garden. Had to file yet another report .. they don't get it that they are stalking us with their motion detectors, cameras on our property . they are terrorizing me, tracking our movements, giving us unwanted attention .. etc.

According to him as he was swinging another neighbor's toilet in our garden . he can do whatever he wants because we have no friends. How sad for them, that it's backfiring.

End of morning vent.

Flower

Postby Flower » 18 Oct 2019, 15:15

A day of cat adventures. I was walking up to my friend's house to check on her when I heard a cat crying. I looked up at her Mulberry tree and there was a small brown tabby wearing a collar. I spoke to him and he slowly came down the tree. He is a friendly cat and was wearing a collar with a small fish shaped tag. His name is NICKY but the phone number was teeny tiny and I couldn't read it. I was going to see if my friend had a magnifying glass when Nicky followed me to her porch, he seemed hungry and was looking in her window.

I figured if I couldn't read the tag that I would bring him to my vet who is a block and a half away and we could find the owner. Nicky had a different idea and after jumping onto my friend's porch railing, he jumped on to my shoulders and started to purr for a few minutes. Next, he smacked me in the face, jumped down and started towards what I hope is his home.

I've not seen any lost cat ads in the area or ones for a cat named Nicky.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 18 Oct 2019, 15:37

Life, eh
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Flower

Postby Flower » 19 Oct 2019, 13:44

So far .. no cats have escaped, nor have any climbed down from trees, jumped upon my shoulders or smacked me in the face. :D

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Oct 2019, 00:28

I met a Belgian sitcom actor last night! Can’t remember which one it was. Googling isn’t helping. Anyway they were lovely.

Im going to add tequila to the list of things that make me feel ghastly these days, though I suspect the handful of beers either side share the blame somewhat.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 20 Oct 2019, 02:56

I’ve just seen something about chocolate and orange Viennetta, and now it’s all I can think about and I’m not going to be able to get to sleep.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Flower

Postby Flower » 20 Oct 2019, 13:25

Our little cat lived up to her nickname of "the Evil One" and woke me up at 3:45 AM .. she won't give up and I had to keep pushing her off the bed until I surrendered at 6:30 AM.

Flower

Postby Flower » 21 Oct 2019, 11:48

I saw the Big Dipper and the North Star early this morning. :D

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Oct 2019, 14:50

After five days at my mom's in Waco with no internet coverage thanks to a failing by Sprint to provide coverage through my portable wifi we have arrived in Austin at Minnie and the Baron's castle with full coverage again. Tomorrow we do the big U-turn and head back towards California with a long drive to far West Texas so we can drop down into Big Bend National Park. The stars should be amazing there.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Oct 2019, 15:46

The BCB Austin picking circle is in FULL EFFECT!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Oct 2019, 21:09

Minnie the Minx wrote:The BCB Austin picking circle is in FULL EFFECT!

We would have killed at the ACL (Austin City Limits) Fest!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Oct 2019, 21:13

We had a fantastic breakfast at Kirby Lanes this morning, made the obligatory stop at Waterloo (Doug Sahm, Jim Lauderdale and Jimmy Vaughn) and then explored the botanical garden at Barton Springs. Perfect weather for the walk.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Oct 2019, 21:40

Six String wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:The BCB Austin picking circle is in FULL EFFECT!

We would have killed at the ACL (Austin City Limits) Fest!

:D

Dr Markus wrote:

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Oct 2019, 11:24

I promised my neighbor that I would go with her to her cancer treatment this morning. This backs up my day, work and all else but what can you do? Now, she''s complaining that she's bored. I tell her that if can read (she can barely use a computer and doesn't want one at home) you'll never be bored but she tells me that "she doesn't read books" ... So anyone who knows me, knows that remarks like this ... just drive me insane.

I'm beginning to believe that her meds are also making her "off" in some ways. Yesterday, she insisted that our home, my husband bought it from blueprints and was the one to buy in this development) was the model home and she picked out her colors while sitting in our house. Not true. I wonder if she's in the early stages of dementia and if I should say something to her kids and/or doctor?

Oh well .. no good deed goes unpunished.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Oct 2019, 12:27

I hope between her cancer treatments and deteriorating cognitive state she has time to reflect on how she’s messed up your day!

Dr Markus wrote:

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Oct 2019, 12:38

Minnie the Minx wrote:I hope between her cancer treatments and deteriorating cognitive state she has time to reflect on how she’s messed up your day!

That's not my point, I was explaining and not complaining .. but .. sorry if it was unclear to you. I feel for this woman or i won't help BUT sometimes it gets overwhelming for the carer .. this woman has two grown children with families who don't do much, if anything for her.

Just some random stuff about my day.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 23 Oct 2019, 12:47

Are you high ?
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Return to “Nextdoorland”