MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Hugh

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Hugh » 25 Aug 2011, 19:43

I watched some of the new Brad Pitt movie being filmed.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 25 Aug 2011, 19:45

This is all terribly exciting.

( I was going to post about how I'm watching my recording of Stoke vs West Ham in the FA Cup from earlier this year, having already watched it about 5 times, but decided that would just be too sad an admission.

Instead, I shall pretend I have been water-skiing with Daniel Craig, lunched with Anne Hathaway and been round Poundland with Catherine Deneuve)
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Billybob Dylan
Bonehead

Postby Billybob Dylan » 25 Aug 2011, 22:59

Polishgirl wrote:been round Poundland with Catherine Deneuve

She's a big fan, I hear.
"I've been reduced to thruppence!"

Fireplug

Postby Fireplug » 25 Aug 2011, 23:15

I'm now 13kg heavier than my fighting weight, 10 kg heavier than my ideal 'walk around' weight. All attempts this year to remedy the situation have perished on the altar of work demands, love of alcohol/food and demotivation; if I can't train hard enough and long enough to compete, why train at all? This has been the worst exercise year of my recent adult life. A disaster. But enough: today I think I turned a corner. I don't like being like this, so I won't be for much longer. Time to to dig deep and make life better.

Arthur Crud

Postby Arthur Crud » 25 Aug 2011, 23:32

This afternoon, at about 4pm, me and some colleagues are going to visit the new pub in town The Spitting Feathers.

It boasts cheap UK beer served in authentic UK pint glasses - see link. These prices are $2 - $3 cheaper than anywhere else in town....Marston's Pedigree here I <hic> come....

http://www.spittingfeathers.co.nz/spitting_feathers_bar2_010.htm

:D

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 26 Aug 2011, 00:48

Have fun, Art! I wish I was at a pub!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 26 Aug 2011, 01:09

Polishgirl wrote:been round Poundland with Catherine Deneuve

Great euphemism! I have too, if I'm being honest.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Aug 2011, 08:27

Just heard Glen Campbell on radio four being interviewed about his Alzheimers. He was singing Wichita Linesman and his wife was prompting him with the first words of the next line. Heartbreaking and tender.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 26 Aug 2011, 08:30

:(

I've come to the office without my reading glasses on one of my "cloudy-eye" days. Everything is a bit misty.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 26 Aug 2011, 09:38

I'm still in bed, eating hummus on toast and drinking my third cup of coffee. John Grant lp on the stereo. It's raining outside.

Later I'm going to wander to the Usher Gallery and probably lose myself in a bookshop for a while. Tonight got my mate coming over to drink beer and watch Flight of the Conchords.

I like being on holiday. It's really good.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 26 Aug 2011, 09:49

Belle Lettre wrote::(

I've come to the office without my reading glasses on one of my "cloudy-eye" days. Everything is a bit misty.

I don't know exactly what you mean by cloudy eye, but I have my own cloudy eye day today, in the shape of conjunctivitis, something I get at least once a year (usually in the summer) and sometimes twice. :(

It's like looking through a mist.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 26 Aug 2011, 10:04

It's something I've begun getting when tired. I can't read things properly. It isn't all the time though.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 26 Aug 2011, 10:11

Going to Newcastle tonight, then Edinburgh on Saturday, Glasgow on Sunday, Carlisle on Monday then back home on Tuesday. No reason really, just seemed like something to do over the Bank Holliday.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 26 Aug 2011, 10:11

We've got a general election here on September 15th, the day before I go to London. Looks like the red cabinet will win. The doubters will decide the outcome on election day, it's all up to the doubters, they hold the future of Denmark in their hands, and I'm not really sure they are aware of this enormous responsibility. Worst thing is what we call "sofa voters", people who stay home and don't vote.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 26 Aug 2011, 11:52

I appear to have slept in. Luckily, Fridays are my admin days, so I can go in later and stay later. I suspect though that my sugar levels are reaching critically low levels so I will NEED to stop at the garage and buy a big sticky bun. They're the best form of medicine I know...

Whilst I was "sleeping in", I dreamt first of all about one of my old student houses, only it seemed to have turned into some sort of huge Georgian pile with holes in the roof. THEN I dreamt I went to the big Tescos on a motorbike and saw Cesc Fabregas going in ahead of me with a shopping basket.

I wanted to buy a tub of proper Cornish icecream, made with clotted cream, but bastard Tescos didn't have any and so I ended up with a tub of soya made pretend icecream. It was rubbish. The person on the checkout was a man called Pesi who I used to work with in Harrow ( sadly, no longer with us) He teased and chided me just as he always used to, and so in my dream, I was happy he was still around.

Then I got home and tried the pretend icecream. It was rubbish.

And the moral of the dream? Clearly, it is this: Don't fuck around with stupid low fat fakery foods: get the real thing. You're a long time dead.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 26 Aug 2011, 12:37

My girlfriend's presents haven't arrived here at work yet and it's her birthday on Sunday. FFS

Leg of lamb
Jane Austen enthusiast

Postby Leg of lamb » 26 Aug 2011, 12:54

I have an infected salivary gland but it's not too bad, was worse the other night.
Brother Spoon wrote:I would probably enjoy this record more if it came to me in a brown paper bag filled with manure, instead of this richly illustrated disgrace to my eyes.

savoirefaire
Location: formerly pore of sin...ga!, way of nor and currently pan of Ja!

Postby savoirefaire » 26 Aug 2011, 13:48

I just experienced a whole new level of mental screwing at this maths course I am taking. It was utterly dreadful.
Kid P wrote:*Deleted*
Should have quoted SF

Sneelock wrote:I'm never bored. I'm boring. I think of it as a lifestyle choice!

[img]//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Fundraising_2009-horizontal-thanks-en.png[/img]

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 26 Aug 2011, 15:18

I have never eaten halloumi before today, until I was recommended it by a friend.
Now, I want to eat my entire body weight in the stuff...
:lol:

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 26 Aug 2011, 15:22

Phil T wrote:I have never eaten halloumi before today, until I was recommended it by a friend.
Now, I want to eat my entire body weight in the stuff...
:lol:

We often go to a fantastic little Greek place in Liverpool, the Eureka restaurant. It's not much to look at from outside, but the food is outstanding. Their halloumi and chargrilled sardines are just killer.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Return to “Nextdoorland”