MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 07 Feb 2018, 05:31

Bernie on FB wrote:After thirty years of cooking awful tofu, I finally made some DELICIOUS tofu.

What did you do?
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Feb 2018, 13:57

Six String wrote:
Bernie on FB wrote:After thirty years of cooking awful tofu, I finally made some DELICIOUS tofu.

What did you do?

I just cooked it differently.
I cubed it into 1cm cubes, coated with cornflour and deep fried in Canola oil for a couple of minutes. Then caramelised onions and cumin seeds in a pan for a while, then added ginger, garlic and chillis, then added tomato purée, sugar, pepper, salt and soy sauce and some water, then after 10 mins added tofu and sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Feb 2018, 18:24

Yesterday, the family took my daughter out for her 22nd birthday. We went to San Francisco to a place she really wanted to go to and then out to lunch.

On the way home, she played her usual hip hop, including 2Chainz birthday song, All I Want for My Birthday is a Big Booty Ho, and then she switched to all the old Radio Disney hits I played on the radio when I'd take her to pre-school and the Beatles songs I'd sing to her when I put her to bed. It was sweet. She's 22 too now, but she still carries around the songs that she and I shared when she was little.

she played some Bob Marley too because they share a birthday.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 07 Feb 2018, 19:47

Had a first look at a rough cut of a video for David's band. Looks good.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Six String

Postby Six String » 07 Feb 2018, 23:14

Bernie on FB wrote:
Six String wrote:

What did you do?

I cubed it into 1cm cubes, coated with cornflour and deep fried in Canola oil for a couple of minutes. Then caramelised onions and cumin seeds in a pan for a while, then added ginger, garlic and chillis, then added tomato purée, sugar, pepper, salt and soy sauce and some water, then after 10 mins added tofu and sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.

Was it the coating that was different or frying or both? :? Sorry to belabour this but I am interested.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 08 Feb 2018, 00:34

I want to share this with BCB – it’s nothing but it means everything to me, especially after being knocked out of the Cup – a film I subtitled which is showing at an impending film festival, the director gave an interview there tonight and he specifically mentioned my efforts with the subtitles. I feel great! That’s all. Obviously I hope he wins the Golden Ampelmann or whatever.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 08 Feb 2018, 01:26

Way to go! Congrats.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Feb 2018, 03:13

echolalia wrote:I want to share this with BCB – it’s nothing but it means everything to me, especially after being knocked out of the Cup – a film I subtitled which is showing at an impending film festival, the director gave an interview there tonight and he specifically mentioned my efforts with the subtitles. I feel great! That’s all. Obviously I hope he wins the Golden Ampelmann or whatever.

Cool!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Feb 2018, 03:16

Six String wrote:
Bernie on FB wrote:
Six String wrote:
What did you do?

Was it the coating that was different or frying or both? :? Sorry to belabour this but I am interested.

I think it was the coating and the frying technique. I'm a bit ashamed to say I thought I knew how to cook tofu - I didn't. I would soak uncooked tofu in hot sauce and soy sauce and whatever and then shallow fry it on a high heat. It was always wet and soggy and flabby and never had a satisfying crunch and chew. My tofu life has been turned upside down!

Dr Markus wrote:

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 08 Feb 2018, 09:50

Bernie on FB wrote:My tofu life has been turned upside down!

So, do you think you'll make it again, again?
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 08 Feb 2018, 11:57

echolalia wrote:I want to share this with BCB – it’s nothing but it means everything to me, especially after being knocked out of the Cup – a film I subtitled which is showing at an impending film festival, the director gave an interview there tonight and he specifically mentioned my efforts with the subtitles. I feel great! That’s all. Obviously I hope he wins the Golden Ampelmann or whatever.

I think we're done some praise since you practiced your typing skillz on here..............you're welcome.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 08 Feb 2018, 12:54

Some bastard dinged my car while dropping Madame at nursery this morning. No note, apology or acknowledgement. Nothing. Of course I didn't notice till I went to collect Madame. So can't claim against the bastard that did it. But if I find blue paint on the white car I suspect of doing it. There could be trouble.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 08 Feb 2018, 13:22

Give us a clue then!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Feb 2018, 16:13

I got knocked out of the cup too and all I got was more tax forms to hand to my tax preparer this weekend at our annual meeting.

Congratulations.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Feb 2018, 16:13

Jeemo wrote:Had a first look at a rough cut of a video for David's band. Looks good.

Nice.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 08 Feb 2018, 16:15

sloopjohnc wrote:
Jeemo wrote:Had a first look at a rough cut of a video for David's band. Looks good.

Nice.

Will post it when finished
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Feb 2018, 16:51

My son's friend went out for swimming and I told him when he asked me if it would get him in shape. I said it would, but you need to practice a lot.

Their high school team practices from 5:30 to 6:30 each morning and from 3:15 to 4:30 in the afternoon.

It reminded me that from the age of 11 to 17, I had to do the same thing for AAU, which is basically Olympic training, and I'd swim for an hour each morning and an hour and a half each night for six years straight. Hardly any breaks, year-round.

And I did other sports too, like Pop Warner football, basketball and little league baseball. My parents got sick of driving to most of it and made my brother and I ride our bikes to and from - especially football and baseball.

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 08 Feb 2018, 18:18

nev harp wrote:Give us a clue then!

BCB's lunacy? (3, 7)

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 08 Feb 2018, 18:20

echolalia wrote:
nev harp wrote:Give us a clue then!

BCB's lunacy? (3, 7)

Pro Gcorner?
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 08 Feb 2018, 18:32

Cup Entered?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Return to “Nextdoorland”