MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
hippopotamus

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby hippopotamus » 18 May 2018, 12:03

Dr Markus wrote:Planned to go for drinks with a few friends before I decided to get back in to the gym. 3 days in to getting fit and i'm defeating the purpose by going for pints. No I can't hear or see anyone say "just don't go for pints", sorry can't see you write that.

I was at a Diabetes meeting yesterday... talk after talk about how we're all failing at life.

Well.. I thought this, and to my right was a PhD student who is also a professional body builder, and to my left a Professor who's actual title is "Professor of Physical Actvity" (who is also an ultra marathon runner).
To I decided it was just embarrassing to be me among these people, so I would definitely go for a run yesterday (Scrapped, because the meeting finished at 8pm and didn't supply food... so instead of a run I ate a healthy dinner, and then a whole bag of dorritos.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 May 2018, 12:08

hippopotamus wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:Planned to go for drinks with a few friends before I decided to get back in to the gym. 3 days in to getting fit and i'm defeating the purpose by going for pints. No I can't hear or see anyone say "just don't go for pints", sorry can't see you write that.

I was at a Diabetes meeting yesterday... talk after talk about how we're all failing at life.

Well.. I thought this, and to my right was a PhD student who is also a professional body builder, and to my left a Professor who's actual title is "Professor of Physical Actvity" (who is also an ultra marathon runner).
To I decided it was just embarrassing to be me among these people, so I would definitely go for a run yesterday (Scrapped, because the meeting finished at 8pm and didn't supply food... so instead of a run I ate a healthy dinner, and then a whole bag of dorritos.

Yeah judging from your picture, you can do that way way more often than I can. I will be back in the gym the next day sweating the beer out though. That's the one thing I promised myself. If I drink, I gotta punish myself in the gym the next day. :(
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 18 May 2018, 12:18

Dr Markus wrote: If I drink, I gotta punish myself in the gym the next day. :(

I'm not sure that's how health works.
Diamond Dog wrote:

Indeed, what is point?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 May 2018, 12:21

hippopotamus wrote:
Dr Markus wrote: If I drink, I gotta punish myself in the gym the next day. :(

I'm not sure that's how health works.

It's not, but if I can work off something of the calories from drinking it has to be done. It can also act as a deterrent to wanting to drink in the first place. Fuzzy logic I know.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 18 May 2018, 12:54

sloopjohnc wrote:I manage a company YouTube channel so I have to go on there semi-frequently for work.

More a rhetorical question, but why so many ads for Grammarly? What kind of word processing programs are people using that don't have a grammar and spell check?

I used to think the same, but I've just had a Professor come up to me "Are you dyslexic?"
"...yes... " (oh no) "How did you know"
"It's very obvious. Get Grammarly. "
Diamond Dog wrote:

Indeed, what is point?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 May 2018, 14:08

You americans, really really really love your meetings.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 18 May 2018, 16:28

Dr Markus wrote:You americans, really really really love your meetings.

There’s a little informal get together in ten minutes to discuss this if you’re around?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 May 2018, 16:31

gash on ignore wrote:

There’s a little informal get together in ten minutes to discuss this if you’re around?

Sorry I have a meeting where my team have to create a document where we promise each other to show up to our daily meeting, show each other respect etc. This actually happened. :(

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 18 May 2018, 16:33

That’d never work on BCB.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 May 2018, 16:39

Be fun to try though :lol:

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 May 2018, 17:39

hippopotamus wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:I manage a company YouTube channel so I have to go on there semi-frequently for work.

More a rhetorical question, but why so many ads for Grammarly? What kind of word processing programs are people using that don't have a grammar and spell check?

I used to think the same, but I've just had a Professor come up to me "Are you dyslexic?"
"...yes... " (oh no) "How did you know"
"It's very obvious. Get Grammarly. "

I'd try the Review tab in Word first and do a spelling and grammar check. I don't know how Grammarly can be astoundingly more intuitive. Words's aren't at all, by the way.

There are also free readability tools available online.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 May 2018, 17:40

Dr Markus wrote:
gash on ignore wrote:

Sorry I have a meeting where my team have to create a document where we promise each other to show up to our daily meeting, show each other respect etc. This actually happened. :(

"Has" to create. "Team" is a collective noun, which may be part of your problem.

;)

Six String

Postby Six String » 18 May 2018, 19:36

I never aspired to be management material and part of that was self preservation and part of it was knowing myself and my strengths. I watched two of my managers get let go due to restructuring, one of them a year or two from retirement. So I stayed in direct patient care because hospitals need people who actually take care of the sick. Besides, for at least my last ten years I made more money than my manager and I was still hourly so I got paid X 1 1/2 for overtime whereas managers were salaried and they always worked overtime. The point of all this is that I was able to avoid meetings except for the radiation safety meeting which was held quarterly so I could handle four meetings a year and they never went over an hour and were frequently less and unlike a lot of managerial type meetings we actually accomplished important things.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 18 May 2018, 20:57

sloopjohnc wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:
gash on ignore wrote:

"Has" to create. "Team" is a collective noun, which may be part of your problem.

;)

That very much depends on whether you speak English like a native.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 20 May 2018, 10:37

Have beggared myself to get my son a standing ticket for Slayer on their farewell tour. And he gets to see Lamb of God as well so will be able to stop envying Jumper K :D
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 20 May 2018, 11:52

Belle Lettre wrote:Have beggared myself to get my son a standing ticket for Slayer on their farewell tour. And he gets to see Lamb of God as well so will be able to stop envying Jumper K :D

I've tickets as well, Cardiff. I'm stoked to be seeing Anthrax again.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 20 May 2018, 11:54

He's going to Newcastle x
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 May 2018, 16:24

Belle Lettre wrote:Have beggared myself to get my son a standing ticket for Slayer on their farewell tour. And he gets to see Lamb of God as well so will be able to stop envying Jumper K :D

Sounds like a great show.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 May 2018, 16:25

Jumper K wrote:

I've tickets as well, Cardiff. I'm stoked to be seeing Anthrax again.

I've been listening to my old Anthrax albums lately. They do stand up.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 May 2018, 16:41

Every night after work, I go to the gym at my apartment complex and run on the treadmill, do some stomach crunches, stretch and do some weights. About a month ago, I was lifting some light weights with each arm and my left shoulder started hurting. I thought it was getting better and did a weight where I pull down with both arms while seated. I felt a big twinge and now I can't lift my left arm over my head or take a carton of milk out of the fridge without it hurting. I'm afraid I might have torn the rotator cuff or something. I hope it's only a pulled muscle, but feel like it's in the joint.

I have an appointment on Friday so we shall see.

Return to “Nextdoorland”