in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Unread postby Six String » 11 Feb 2017, 20:07

Jeemo wrote:
Six String wrote:
Jeemo wrote:And new brake pads.

Brake pads are a good thing.

They certainly should be at £500 a pair.

Are they made from virgin sheep? :o

sloopjohnc

Unread postby sloopjohnc » 11 Feb 2017, 20:22

Six String wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Finally closed on Oregon property yesterday. There was a snafu because I haven't been employed at my current employer for two years and my quarterly bonuses aren't guaranteed, but I found a new lender. Anyone want to rent a house in Eugene, OR,for around $1,900 per month?

Anyone want to see all the photos, can here: http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhom ... 188#photo0

Nice! How long are you looking to rent it? Does it come with a ganja garden in the back? I'm lookng for a place now and damn, I've been off the market too long. Places are expensive! I only have to love around here a year and then I'm retiring and will know by then of I'm leaving the state or not. I feel I need to work one more year so I can wait until I'm 66 to clam SS and Medicaire. Then I might be able to afford a place from slum lords like yourself. ;) :D I'd be happy in the house.

I'm going to try and get $1,900 or so a month and rent it for 7-10 years before I move up. It's four bedrooms so I may sell it and get something smaller by that time. Who knows what the kids will be doing then and one or both might like Oregon too.
Jake Blues: "I hate Illinois Nazis"

Jeemo

Unread postby Jeemo » 11 Feb 2017, 20:26

Six String wrote:
Jeemo wrote:
Six String wrote:
Brake pads are a good thing.

I have a Renault and they have ball bearings in them which doubles the price apparently.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

'The Complimentor'
funky thigh collector

Unread postby 'The Complimentor' » 12 Feb 2017, 03:55

I just introduced Baron to Gavin and Stacey :)
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Unread postby Six String » 12 Feb 2017, 04:33

Jeemo wrote:
Six String wrote:
Jeemo wrote:

I have a Renault and they have ball bearings in them which doubles the price apparently.

In the mid 1970s I had a '61 Mercedes 220s I think it was and the air filter cost me $25! A standard filter for a U.S. car was well under $10 at the time. It was beautiful, molded plastic and all that but damn! On a young sailor's salary ot seemed crazy.

Six String

Unread postby Six String » 12 Feb 2017, 05:52

It is time for me to leave Rebecca's house. She has suddenly without warning turned into a raving witch. I swear I have said and done nothing to bring this on. I knew this was a risk staying post divorce but she invited me to stay. I never asked. Anway, :D rent is scary when you haven't been looking since 1985! I'm guessing it will cost me $1500 or more to get a house in an area I can accept and a condition I can live with. If I had to do an apartment or townhouse it would need to have good isolation, npt that I play musoc real loud but I do play instrumemts. I always shut down at 10 pm at the latest and these days it isn't more than an hour or two. Still, a house would be best for my life style. I want to get a cat again, or a dog, or both!

The timing on this is sensitive because I am retiring in eleven months (I love the way that sounds) so I was hoping we could get along ntil then and I would decide what I was going to do so it would happen at retirement. It was greed or anxiety on my part.
Having to find a p,ace for possibly a short amount of time and tge difficulty of moving a lot of sensitive posessions. I was trying to minimize my troubles and since she offered I accepted and everything was going really well. We've been officially dicorced since August. Two months ago things suddenly changed. I'm just trying to find a place asap and get on with my life.

If only John could move hs house down hear until he needed it back and I'd find a place to land it. :D
If it was a year from now I swear I'd move to Eugene. My move would be less complicated without thousands of lps, 45 cases of wine and musical instruments and stereo equipment. It's going to be interesting. Within the next year I will be having a serious talk with myself about my wine and record collection. I love tge idea of traveling the country in a conversion van and finding a place to lay down stakes. John could come along and shoot the video. BCB. Could make the soundtrack. A 21st Century Kerouac looking for the America he lost.

Six String

Unread postby Six String » 12 Feb 2017, 06:01

I'm seriously considering getting an Apple Pro (large 12 by something) instead of buying a pc when I move out soon. A large one would replace a tv if need be, like when my current one dies, and it can do anything I want a pc to do. Why not?

Commemts? Is this crazy?

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Unread postby Still Baron » 12 Feb 2017, 16:53

I can't advise you about the computer (or much else), but good luck on finding a place. Real estate in desirable places is insane.
Jimbo wrote:But there is hope for pessimism.

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Unread postby Jimbo » 12 Feb 2017, 17:04

I'd consider share housing, living with other people in a communal setting. They'd be happy to have you especially when have that big Apple computer in the communal living room.

Is house sharing still a thing in the US?

The Fish
Beer Battered

Unread postby The Fish » 12 Feb 2017, 18:49

Thank you and God bless you Gordon Charles Raymond Clarke

My Dad has just died. WEnt round for lunch as I do every Sunday and found him sprawled on the sofa,

Not a total shock , I knew this day was coming sooner rather than later. He'd only just received a cancer diagnosis and refused all radio/chemotherapy, which would involve travelling from Worthing to Brighton amd he really just couldn't face the hassle. He was fairly sanguine and I think he just knew his time had come. From working as a hosital porter in later years before retiring, he was obviously aware of certain procedures and I noticed today that a week or two back he had organised a Do Not Resuscitate order.

Thankfully the neighbour heard him on FRiday so this could only have been Friday or Saturday night as he was getting ready for bed. He had pajama bottoms half on/hal off. THe thought that he might have been lying there all week is something I really couldn;t bear to contemplate.

I'm thankful he was at least spared a slow horrible death from cancer and it seems yo have been sudden.

It was a strange sensation with the two of us in the room. Who knows how you would react. I just recall through the tears muttering Goodbye you dear sweet man. And he was. He did more for me that anyone could imagine. I don't recall any disagreement or falling out throughout my adult life, I have had nothing but total unconditional love from him my whole life, and I feel blesed indeed.

So the moral of the story is tell those you love you love them today. Tomorrow may be too late
We're way past rhubarb

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Unread postby Harvey K-Tel » 12 Feb 2017, 19:02

Wow, Paul. I'm sorry you had to go through that the way you did, but it sounds like the best (well, except for pants half off ;)) way for him to have gone. Take care, man.
Quacoan wrote:There's a bit in "Close to the Edge" (Yes) at 16:34 where I can hear them saying "OK we've got to end this now".

'The Complimentor'
funky thigh collector

Unread postby 'The Complimentor' » 12 Feb 2017, 19:08

Oh Paul.
All the love coming to you.
Take the very best care of yourself.
We're thinking of you.
Xxxxxxxx
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Charlie O.

Unread postby Charlie O. » 12 Feb 2017, 19:09

The Fish wrote:I'm thankful he was at least spared a slow horrible death from cancer and it seems to have been sudden.

That is indeed something to be grateful for. I'm sorry, Paul.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Unread postby Belle Lettre » 12 Feb 2017, 19:27

I'm so sad to read this, Paul. Much love to you xx
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Rayge

Unread postby Rayge » 12 Feb 2017, 19:33

Sorry to hear that Paul, although it does seem a blesing that it was quick. The slow attritional decline that I tend to associate with cancer is a brutally hard way to go.
You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

Six String

Unread postby Six String » 12 Feb 2017, 19:51

I'm sorry for your loss Paul and I agree about the silver lining. If he just got the diagnosis then there wouldn't have been anything to stop this. So. yes it is better sometimes to forgo treatment for the reason you stated.

Samoan

Unread postby Samoan » 12 Feb 2017, 21:16

Dear Paul, I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved Dad. XX
Pat O'Banton wrote:My Polish punk did me no favours at all.

Jeemo

Unread postby Jeemo » 12 Feb 2017, 22:44

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Paul. Sounds like a top man. I found my Mum, and like you was glad that she wasn't like that too long as I had saw her the previous night. Take care and keep those warm memories close.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

clive gash
Thanks Kate - I love it

Unread postby clive gash » 12 Feb 2017, 23:05

The Fish wrote:[b]It was a strange sensation with the two of us in the room. Who knows how you would react. I just recall through the tears muttering Goodbye you dear sweet man. And he was. He did more for me that anyone could imagine. I don't recall any disagreement or falling out throughout my adult life, I have had nothing but total unconditional love from him my whole life, and I feel blesed indeed.

So the moral of the story is tell those you love you love them today. Tomorrow may be too late

Beautifully and movingly expressed, take care of yourself Paul.
Whoever makes himself a worm cannot complain when he is then trampled underfoot.

Over the wall I watched him move
At ease through all the guarded grove,
Then hack, and hack, and hack it down,
Until that ruin was his own.

#61000+

Larson E. Whipsnade
hounds people off the board

Unread postby Larson E. Whipsnade » 12 Feb 2017, 23:53

Yes - wonderful words. Look after yourself, Paul.
GoogaMooga wrote:You imply (however sarcastically) that I make no distinction between Elvis and Roachford!?

Return to “Nextdoorland”