MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Toby » 17 Mar 2017, 15:10

Found a mobile mechanic that came to my house and did a service and MOT this afternoon. This is great. I hate having to put my car in for a service etc because our nearest garage is 2 bus rides away.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Mar 2017, 16:00

Earlier in the week, I thought I just had a pimple between my left eye and ear. It started getting infected Wednesday night, and when I woke up on Thursday, my eye was almost completely shut. I had to have the pimple lanced, a culture taken and was given a prescription of strong antibiotics for it.

Oh, and I had an endodontist appointment to fix a root canal and I found out it was shattered under the crown and need it pulled and an implant put in.

Luckily, the NCAA basketball tourney is on yesterday and today because I've seen enough Voya and Cricket Wireless ads to choke a horse.
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Mar 2017, 16:16

Six String wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:Best of luck, Les!
Maybe you'll take a trip this way soon? Would be good to see you!

I want to see you guys too and hang out in Austin. I may move to the Austin area next year when I retire or some time after I retire depending on many factors. I have a cousin who lives in Georgetown and my uncle (her dad) lived to in Round Rock for a while. My brother is in the process of building a house in southern New Braunfels. He currently lives near there on the north side of San Antonio. So I have some family for support if I want it. The question is, do I want to live that close to family? I've been away from everyone for so long that it would feel weird to be closer. I know that it sounds like I'm conflicted and you'd be right. I've been 2,000 miles away from my family for over thirty years so while I believe in family and all the give and take that entails but I'm out of practice. I think my family is expecting me to move back to Texas soon after retiring. It would be a good decision for financial reasons as well as the familial support I memtioned. I'm more concerned about being surrounded by people who don't have my political outlook. Of course the flipsIde is, move here and increase your numbers in an area dominated by the opposition. I'm not used to thinking like that but these days are made for such thoughts.

So I will probably be making a reconnaissance trip in the near future. If there is any relocation info you want to pass on, please do.

Well, you would certainly be around like minded people in Austin!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Mar 2017, 16:35

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Jenny the dog got out last night and it wasn't pretty.

Our neighbour across the street looks after a feral cat, and has built it a little 'house' for it to stay warm in for the winter, and Jenny knew it was over there, so when she escaped from the backyard she made a beeline for the cat and by the time I got over there she had the cat clamped in her jaws, but thankfully hadn't started shaking it like a ragdoll, like she does with her toys. I managed to drag her off, and the cat took off up a nearby tree but not before cutting Jenny over the eye. Sheesh. What a way to end the night.

:(

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Mar 2017, 18:10

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:Jenny the dog got out last night and it wasn't pretty.

Our neighbour across the street looks after a feral cat, and has built it a little 'house' for it to stay warm in for the winter, and Jenny knew it was over there, so when she escaped from the backyard she made a beeline for the cat and by the time I got over there she had the cat clamped in her jaws, but thankfully hadn't started shaking it like a ragdoll, like she does with her toys. I managed to drag her off, and the cat took off up a nearby tree but not before cutting Jenny over the eye. Sheesh. What a way to end the night.

:(

A cat gets ALMOST hurt and a dog just scratched and I'm chopped liver with my head swollen to twice its size.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Mar 2017, 18:23

:lol:

What can I say? I love cats!

Dr Markus wrote:

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 Mar 2017, 18:34

Yeah, fuck your head, is the cat ok?
Foxhound wrote:After all, I very clearly remember that growing up as a young white male offered me no advantages at all.

Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Mar 2017, 19:22

Goat Boy wrote:Yeah, fuck your head, is the cat ok?

:lol:

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Mar 2017, 19:24

Local story. A 16 year-old girl went out with two boys and was killed by detectives when the cops found out the car was stolen and they tried getting away.

Her mom had to find out her 16 year-old daughter was killed by cops one day and the next day found out her daughter was in her first trimester of pregnancy.

Six String

Postby Six String » 18 Mar 2017, 18:45

I should be moved into my new place in two weeks. Things are moving along now. I'm excited about finally being able to move on completely from his broken marriage. Lots of work ahead of me but it will be grand once it's all done.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Mar 2017, 00:57

We saw Jon Langford in Austin tonight and he invited me up on stage to sing "Where Were You" so I obliged. My life is complete.

Dr Markus wrote:

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 19 Mar 2017, 00:59

Minnie the Minx wrote:We saw Jon Langford in Austin tonight and he invited me up on stage to sing "Where Were You" so I obliged.

I try not to say this too much, but in this instance it's apt:

Awesome!

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 19 Mar 2017, 12:23

sloopjohnc wrote:Oh, and I had an endodontist appointment to fix a root canal and I found out it was shattered under the crown and need it pulled and an implant put in.

Aiii. My sympathies.

This morning I woke up dozily thinking 'oh it would be nice to get a coffee in bed ... shall I ask him? No, I'll just get up' and as soon as that thought got itself together, Rayge came in with breakfast in bed

Double nespresso with a touch of cream, hot pain au raisin fresh out of the oven (not our usual breakfast) and be-dewed flowers from the garden.

Life can be great sometimes. It really can.

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 19 Mar 2017, 12:26

Minnie the Minx wrote:We saw Jon Langford in Austin tonight and he invited me up on stage to sing "Where Were You" so I obliged. My life is complete.

That is just stone fucking cold fab :D

I would kill to do the same with Sally Timms ... she is just one of earth's marvels, so much so that I simply get giddy just thinking about her ...
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Mar 2017, 13:45

billy wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:We saw Jon Langford in Austin tonight and he invited me up on stage to sing "Where Were You" so I obliged. My life is complete.

That is just stone fucking cold fab :D

I would kill to do the same with Sally Timms ... she is just one of earth's marvels, so much so that I simply get giddy just thinking about her ...

If I can find a pic I'll load it up. It was amazing Billy. What a night!

Dr Markus wrote:

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 19 Mar 2017, 14:24

Wow, Minnie.

Good stuff, Six String.

Sorry about the space mumps, sloop.

:)
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 19 Mar 2017, 20:50

Minnie the Minx wrote:If I can find a pic I'll load it up. It was amazing Billy. What a night!

Oh please do oh do oh do ... :D

No bugger filmed it for you? :cry:
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

Six String

Postby Six String » 19 Mar 2017, 21:50

Congratulations Anna! I'm sure you gave it your all. :D

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 20 Mar 2017, 11:19

I am sitting around at home whilst the new floor in the sitting room is being put down, they turned up at 8.am, and are still here... No sign of the flooring yet, but the ply is down. I am very bored.
You don't like me...do you?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Mar 2017, 15:40

Belle Lettre wrote:Wow, Minnie.

Good stuff, Six String.

Sorry about the space mumps, sloop.

:)

Thank you, at least someone cares.

Could be worse though - I could be posting about new flooring.

Return to “Nextdoorland”