MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
pcqgod

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby pcqgod » 14 Mar 2017, 23:02

I picked up a few grocery items at a dollar store over the weekend and the total came out to $6.66.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 15 Mar 2017, 02:02

I was congratulated on my Laibach Tour of North Korea tshirt by a guy in Havana today. He said they were fantastico.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 15 Mar 2017, 09:11

It's exactly nine years today since we lost Ruth.
Nine years. Can you believe it? Where has the time gone?
:cry:

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 15 Mar 2017, 10:33

Jimbo wrote:Not that Trump is Hitler but he does radiate some bad juju. Would you have gone to Germany for pleasure or to study in 1940?

I know your lot hadn't joined in yet, but in 1940 the whole of Europe was convulsed by war, so probably not.
You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 15 Mar 2017, 12:22

Good luck with the move, Six String :)
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 15 Mar 2017, 12:32

Just had a small black cat - also my current stalker - sneeze in my ear.
Great. Start the afternoon by having to wipe cat snot from inside your ear.
:x

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 15 Mar 2017, 13:30

I'm baking Easter Bunny sugar cookies for breakfast.

Being a grown up can be fun.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Nit Picking Prick
funky thigh collector

Postby Nit Picking Prick » 15 Mar 2017, 13:41

Best of luck, Les!
Maybe you'll take a trip this way soon? Would be good to see you!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 15 Mar 2017, 14:53

Huge snowstorm overnight here.

So much snow! Lady in the elevator coming in to work this morning, speaking to a colleague: "I opened my door and my dog jumped outside. He disappeared in the snow. I couldn't find him for a while". The wide-eyed colleague asked "but, isn't he this tall?" (with his hand held at his upper thigh.) She said "yep!"
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Mar 2017, 15:20

pcqgod wrote:I picked up a few grocery items at a dollar store over the weekend and the total came out to $6.66.

Did you pick up some deviled eggs?
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 15 Mar 2017, 18:53

sloopjohnc wrote:
pcqgod wrote:I picked up a few grocery items at a dollar store over the weekend and the total came out to $6.66.

Did you pick up some deviled eggs?

No, but other things that I'm sure are diabolical for my health.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Mar 2017, 20:16

Late yesterday afternoon, our CEO asked me to "add some splash" with animation in a PowerPoint presentation one of our divisions was doing. I added a $5,000 bill floating up from the bottom of the panel - he didn't think it was enough and told me so. He also sent me an email with no attachment, writing, "My version."

I wrote back, "Since nothing was attached, I assume this is a nihilistic Jean-Paul Sartre version portraying a decaying and dying civilization devoid of PowerPoint."
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

Six String

Postby Six String » 16 Mar 2017, 03:39

Thanks guys. I'll be putting down a deposit on Friday which will hold ot for me while I arrange movers to pick up my furniture and some kitchen things. My plates and bowls were made by an artist in Oakland I got to know thirty years ago and he has now retired which means I can't replace his work. I have an emotional attachment to his ceramics so I'll be moving his things myself,same with my vinyl unless the movers can assure me to my satisfaction that they can be trusted. In other words, probably not. I'm not sure they can move cases of wine and beers. I'll probably end up moving it myself anyways. It's not a rush to move out. I'd rather move it safely than quickly. The yard will need some flower bed maintenance but the sun sets behind the garage/barn out back. So lots pf east facing places to plant which is a plus in Sacramento. It's going to look swell with my old furniture. I wish the living room was a wee bit bigger but all in all it is a wonderful choice for me.

Thanks to all the well wishers. I appreciate it. Slow down on that rum Jeemo!

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 16 Mar 2017, 06:07

Home now from corrective surgery #6 for left arm/hand. Still another at date TBD.

Aunt also home from hosp after four days with bronchitis. Sad and scary to watch her being taken by ambulance last Friday, but now all is well. Spirit still strong at 93.

Still, some humor to be found. Today I got the results of my pre-op lab tests. Lungs "100% perfect"!

Matt Wilson's Car died for my sins.

"Quite."

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 16 Mar 2017, 08:39

New fangled bicycle parking system. No human attendants needed. A grid of upper and lower slots and the bike's front wheel is clicked in. It's two hours free but I went a half hour over and so the click will not un-click. How to open and pay? A vending machine with a screen. You type in the number of your slot then drop in 100 yen or swipe your train card, the click opens and you can go. I dug its ease and simplicity.
I love you.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 16 Mar 2017, 09:54

Yesterday I witnessed two weird events:

Firstly I heard none more straight-laced Labour MP Harriet Harman raving about how great Julian Cope's Head On memoir is on the radio - drug exploits and all. It is a great book but she'd be the last person on earth you'd expect to love it. Her enthusiam was such that I found myself warming to her a little. In the programme (A Good Read I think it's called) the guests choose a book that the other guests have to read, so Harperson got to read the Cope book much to her despair initially she said. Now she plans to get Repossesed - JC's sequel.

Secondly, there was an advert on TV for a personal spray to 'seal in' the odour of a recent shit and avoid toilet embarrassment. On the advert there was an attractive young lady - who had presumably just 'dropped the kids off at the pool' - spraying the product in the pan. As she exits the shitter her boss - the typical fat bumbling male advert stereotype - enters the cubicle, sniffs and smiles approvingly - "it's promotion time for you young lady!"*

What is the world coming to? This isn't Japan!

* He doesn't actually say that, but it is the gist.
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 16 Mar 2017, 11:39

Deebank wrote:Secondly, there was an advert on TV for a personal spray to 'seal in' the odour of a recent shit and avoid toilet embarrassment. On the advert there was an attractive young lady - who had presumably just 'dropped the kids off at the pool' - spraying the product in the pan. As she exits the shitter her boss - the typical fat bumbling male advert stereotype - enters the cubicle, sniffs and smiles approvingly - "it's promotion time for you young lady!"*

What is the world coming to? This isn't Japan!

I've seen that particular ad and want no part of it. It's much cheaper & easier to simply say "I'd give it a couple of hours in there, if I were you mate."

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Mar 2017, 03:05

Minnie the Minx wrote:Best of luck, Les!
Maybe you'll take a trip this way soon? Would be good to see you!

I want to see you guys too and hang out in Austin. I may move to the Austin area next year when I retire or some time after I retire depending on many factors. I have a cousin who lives in Georgetown and my uncle (her dad) lived to in Round Rock for a while. My brother is in the process of building a house in southern New Braunfels. He currently lives near there on the north side of San Antonio. So I have some family for support if I want it. The question is, do I want to live that close to family? I've been away from everyone for so long that it would feel weird to be closer. I know that it sounds like I'm conflicted and you'd be right. I've been 2,000 miles away from my family for over thirty years so while I believe in family and all the give and take that entails but I'm out of practice. I think my family is expecting me to move back to Texas soon after retiring. It would be a good decision for financial reasons as well as the familial support I memtioned. I'm more concerned about being surrounded by people who don't have my political outlook. Of course the flipsIde is, move here and increase your numbers in an area dominated by the opposition. I'm not used to thinking like that but these days are made for such thoughts.

So I will probably be making a reconnaissance trip in the near future. If there is any relocation info you want to pass on, please do.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 17 Mar 2017, 13:07

Jenny the dog got out last night and it wasn't pretty.

Our neighbour across the street looks after a feral cat, and has built it a little 'house' for it to stay warm in for the winter, and Jenny knew it was over there, so when she escaped from the backyard she made a beeline for the cat and by the time I got over there she had the cat clamped in her jaws, but thankfully hadn't started shaking it like a ragdoll, like she does with her toys. I managed to drag her off, and the cat took off up a nearby tree but not before cutting Jenny over the eye. Sheesh. What a way to end the night.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 17 Mar 2017, 15:10

Found a mobile mechanic that came to my house and did a service and MOT this afternoon. This is great. I hate having to put my car in for a service etc because our nearest garage is 2 bus rides away.