MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
clive gash
Thanks Kate - I love it
Posts: 11689
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: standing around, exchanging tales and mischief...

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby clive gash » 11 Mar 2017, 11:02

Harvey K-Tel wrote:I'm in the process of booking our first 'proper' vacation in 8 years! Gonna get away from it all by driving to the east coast and staying in a cottage on Grand Manan Island in the Bay of Fundy for a week in June. I can't fucking wait!


Ooh, what dates should I book off work?
Diamond Dog wrote:I'd like to say I'd never resort to bombs - but I'm not sure I can ever truly 'walk in those shoes'?

User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38144
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 11 Mar 2017, 17:21

We're there from the 24th of June to the 1st of July, so any time after that should be good.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
WG Kaspar
Posts: 7947
Joined: 28 Jan 2007, 09:07

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby WG Kaspar » 11 Mar 2017, 23:01

My Russian flatmate is a fuckin' racist.
He is a fuckin' bleeding racist.
I knew he was a twat but he's a fuckin' racist too.
THE CUNT!
I run out of talent

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 14496
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Texas

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby pcqgod » 12 Mar 2017, 00:57

I took photographs of a coyote and an alligator today.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 12962
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jimbo » 12 Mar 2017, 11:19

Teaching a private lesson today (which is not much more than an hour of chatting in English), when i asked my student, an educated woman in her 40s if she'd like to travel to the United States today she said no. It is too strange these days, she said, kind of like North Korea.
I love you.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 57335
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Mar 2017, 15:03

Jimbo wrote:Teaching a private lesson today (which is not much more than an hour of chatting in English), when i asked my student, an educated woman in her 40s if she'd like to travel to the United States today she said no. It is too strange these days, she said, kind of like North Korea.


I've read and heard lots of reports since the Kansas incident with Indian students about coming to the US. Seems the attitude about studying and working in the US has changed dramatically. Obviously, the media chooses to air and print quotes that validate their point of view, but I've also heard about lots more comments about the amount of Indian folk living in my adopted hometown of Fremont that might not have been voiced before.

I heard my boss, who grew up here, say, "Now I count the amount of white people when I walk in a bank or store." My son told me one his friend's dad say, "It didn't use to look like Bombay when I grew up here."

Yes, Fremont has a large Asian, and Indian population, specifically, but it seems some folks feel more free commenting on the ethnic mix now.
Everybody had a wet dream, Everybody saw the sunshine

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 12962
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jimbo » 12 Mar 2017, 15:17

Not that Trump is Hitler but he does radiate some bad juju. Would you have gone to Germany for pleasure or to study in 1940?
I love you.

Six String
Posts: 19588
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 12 Mar 2017, 17:48

sloopjohnc wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Teaching a private lesson today (which is not much more than an hour of chatting in English), when i asked my student, an educated woman in her 40s if she'd like to travel to the United States today she said no. It is too strange these days, she said, kind of like North Korea.


I've read and heard lots of reports since the Kansas incident with Indian students about coming to the US. Seems the attitude about studying and working in the US has changed dramatically. Obviously, the media chooses to air and print quotes that validate their point of view, but I've also heard about lots more comments about the amount of Indian folk living in my adopted hometown of Fremont that might not have been voiced before.

I heard my boss, who grew up here, say, "Now I count the amount of white people when I walk in a bank or store." My son told me one his friend's dad say, "It didn't use to look like Bombay when I grew up here."

Yes, Fremont has a large Asian, and Indian population, specifically, but it seems some folks feel more free commenting on the ethnic mix now.


I have to say, it feels weird if I go into a community and only see white people. I've been in an ethnically mixed city/neighborhood for so long it feels quite normal, as it should.

Thang-y
Posts: 250
Joined: 29 Apr 2016, 17:59

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Thang-y » 13 Mar 2017, 18:28

Today, what I thought was an unusually large police van turned out to be a Tesco delivery van.

Then I saw a very ill-looking, skinny horse. Turned out it was a goat.

It happens.

Six String
Posts: 19588
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 13 Mar 2017, 23:04

How's your eyesight these days? ;)

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 19558
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jeemo » 14 Mar 2017, 00:55

I'm drinking brandy in Havana
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 41017
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Nationwide

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Still Baron » 14 Mar 2017, 01:05

Que triste!
Jimbo wrote:But there is hope for pessimism.

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 19558
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jeemo » 14 Mar 2017, 01:28

Au contraire mon ami, muchos happy
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Six String
Posts: 19588
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 14 Mar 2017, 03:36

Life is good Jeemo.

In other news, I think I've found a new place to live and I love it. It's old looking everything including a cool old Westwood gas stove. The kitchen will hold my wine cabinet so it doesn't have to live in the garage anymore so that will be good for the compressor. It's smaller than ideal for me but that will force me to shed a few things I can live without. Moving is always a cathartic thing in a way. You change your mmediate environment and you really do think about what's important to keep when you move around. I will be shedding a few things but most importantly my life will move on from being divorced to being a human again. :)

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 57335
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Mar 2017, 15:29

A few days ago, I got notice on Facebook that a local brewer I like was going bankrupt. This brewer is near and dear to some BCBers - Minnie and I shared one of their beers, Big Daddy, on her first visit here after we walked across the Golden Gate Bridge and walked to a venerable SF bar near her hotel - Perry's on Union St.

I have a good friend who has a couple restaurants in Sacramento and is very close to regional brewers. He knows a lot of people in the industry having worked for Anchor Steam Brewery in San Francisco and had been the main buyer for the 21st Amendment, a bar near the SF Giants ballpark in San Francisco.

I asked him why Speakeasy is going under and here was his message back:

"Bad management. Owner is a dick. Burned every bridge he had."
Everybody had a wet dream, Everybody saw the sunshine

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 27553
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 14 Mar 2017, 15:30

sloopjohnc wrote:A few days ago, I got notice on Facebook that a local brewer I like was going bankrupt. This brewer is near and dear to some BCBers - Minnie and I shared one of their beers, Big Daddy, on her first visit here after we walked across the Golden Gate Bridge and walked to a venerable SF bar near her hotel - Perry's on Union St.

I have a good friend who has a couple restaurants in Sacramento and is very close to regional brewers. He knows a lot of people in the industry having worked for Anchor Steam Brewery in San Francisco and had been the main buyer for the 21st Amendment, a bar near the SF Giants ballpark in San Francisco.

I asked him why Speakeasy is going under and here was his message back:

"Bad management. Owner is a dick. Burned every bridge he had."

What a shame!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 19558
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jeemo » 14 Mar 2017, 19:11

Six String wrote:Life is good Jeemo.

In other news, I think I've found a new place to live and I love it. It's old looking everything including a cool old Westwood gas stove. The kitchen will hold my wine cabinet so it doesn't have to live in the garage anymore so that will be good for the compressor. It's smaller than ideal for me but that will force me to shed a few things I can live without. Moving is always a cathartic thing in a way. You change your mmediate environment and you really do think about what's important to keep when you move around. I will be shedding a few things but most importantly my life will move on from being divorced to being a human again. :)



Best wishes for your move, Les.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Six String
Posts: 19588
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 14 Mar 2017, 19:56

sloopjohnc wrote:A few days ago, I got notice on Facebook that a local brewer I like was going bankrupt. This brewer is near and dear to some BCBers - Minnie and I shared one of their beers, Big Daddy, on her first visit here after we walked across the Golden Gate Bridge and walked to a venerable SF bar near her hotel - Perry's on Union St.

I have a good friend who has a couple restaurants in Sacramento and is very close to regional brewers. He knows a lot of people in the industry having worked for Anchor Steam Brewery in San Francisco and had been the main buyer for the 21st Amendment, a bar near the SF Giants ballpark in San Francisco.

I asked him why Speakeasy is going under and here was his message back:

"Bad management. Owner is a dick. Burned every bridge he had."


What restaurants does your friend have in Sacramento? It's a shame about Speakeasy. They make good beer, at least the Big Daddy IPA, which is all I've tasted. Competition has to be tough. I read an article about the explosion of breweries in Sacramento and whether we had hit a saturation point or not. There's a lot of beer here that's for sure.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 57335
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Mar 2017, 19:57

Jeemo wrote:
Six String wrote:Life is good Jeemo.

In other news, I think I've found a new place to live and I love it. It's old looking everything including a cool old Westwood gas stove. The kitchen will hold my wine cabinet so it doesn't have to live in the garage anymore so that will be good for the compressor. It's smaller than ideal for me but that will force me to shed a few things I can live without. Moving is always a cathartic thing in a way. You change your mmediate environment and you really do think about what's important to keep when you move around. I will be shedding a few things but most importantly my life will move on from being divorced to being a human again. :)


Best wishes for your move, Les.


Wow, how did I miss this one. I, like you, Les, don't mind losing a few thing on the way to make life easier and more simple.

Good luck.
Everybody had a wet dream, Everybody saw the sunshine

Hugh
Posts: 14955
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:43

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Hugh » 14 Mar 2017, 20:03

sloopjohnc wrote:I, like you, Les.



I like you too, Les.


Return to “Nextdoorland”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest