MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
harvey k-tel
Long Player

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby harvey k-tel » 13 Mar 2018, 14:49

B got accepted into the writers' workshop at the Banff Art Centre in Alberta which means she's going to be gone for FIVE WEEKS starting at the end of April. I guess it's gonna be just me and the pooch, living it up bachelor style.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Mar 2018, 14:51

Harvey K-Tel wrote:B got accepted into the writers' workshop at the Banff Art Centre in Alberta which means she's going to be gone for FIVE WEEKS starting at the end of April. I guess it's gonna be just me and the pooch, living it up bachelor style.

The pooch couldn't get her to take it as well?
Last edited by Dr Markus on 13 Mar 2018, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 13 Mar 2018, 15:05

Dr Markus wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:B got accepted into the writers' workshop at the Banff Art Centre in Alberta which means she's going to be gone for FIVE WEEKS starting at the end of April. I guess it's gonna be just me and the pooch, living it up bachelor style.

The pooch could get her to take it as well?

You mean she could take the pooch along with her as well? Naw, I'll be happy for the company, and anyway that dog's just crazy enough that it would probably think that getting into a fight with a bear would be a good idea.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Mar 2018, 15:15

Excellent news!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Mar 2018, 15:53

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:

The pooch could get her to take it as well?

You mean she could take the pooch along with her as well? Naw, I'll be happy for the company, and anyway that dog's just crazy enough that it would probably think that getting into a fight with a bear would be a good idea.

When is it not?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Six String

Postby Six String » 14 Mar 2018, 03:37

Tell her congrats for me. I hope she gets what she wants out of it. Either way you have five weeks to run wild with the dog(s).
:D
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 14 Mar 2018, 09:21

My son David is 27 today. Where the fuck did the time go?
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 14 Mar 2018, 10:03

Time is an illusion.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 14 Mar 2018, 10:07

Jeemo wrote:My son David is 27 today. Where the fuck did the time go?

My son turns 50 on the last day of the month.
Fucking hell
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Mar 2018, 15:50

Jeemo wrote:My son David is 27 today. Where the fuck did the time go?

I still remember that photo you posted of the two of you in NYC with him in his Yankee cap.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Mar 2018, 15:54

Last night with the extended sunlight, my son and his buddy who lives on our apt complex decided to bike to the hardware store to get a laser pointer at around 7pm.

They didn't lock the bikes up in the bike racks near the front of the store, but decided to park and lock them in an unlit, unpopulated area away from the store. Hence, my $700 bike was stolen after they bought the $2 laser pointer.

I was not very happy when I learned of their exploits.

My son always asks me when I ask him what he thinks are obvious questions, "Do you think I'm stupid?"

This morning, I said, "You know when you ask me, 'Do you think I'm stupid?'" He didn't say anything.

I said, "Here's where it applies as a 'yes.'"

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 14 Mar 2018, 16:04

sloopjohnc wrote:Last night with the extended sunlight, my son and his buddy who lives on our apt complex decided to bike to the hardware store to get a laser pointer at around 7pm.

They didn't lock the bikes up in the bike racks near the front of the store, but decided to park and lock them in an unlit, unpopulated area away from the store. Hence, my $700 bike was stolen after they bought the $2 laser pointer.

I was not very happy when I learned of their exploits.

My son always asks me when I ask him what he thinks are obvious questions, "Do you think I'm stupid?"

This morning, I said, "You know when you ask me, 'Do you think I'm stupid?'" He didn't say anything.

I said, "Here's where it applies as a 'yes.'"

That's a sore one.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Mar 2018, 17:18

I got a text fairly late last night from my cousin's rehab center where's he's going back to after the hospital.

It's official - he has cirrhosis of the liver and can never drink again. If he does, he'll need a transplant and has to stay dry at least six mos before they'll even consider him for a liver.

I've known folks who are waiting for liver transplants. They're not easy to get and it can take awhile to get one.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Mar 2018, 23:31

sloopjohnc wrote:I got a text fairly late last night from my cousin's rehab center where's he's going back to after the hospital.

It's official - he has cirrhosis of the liver and can never drink again. If he does, he'll need a transplant and has to stay dry at least six mos before they'll even consider him for a liver.

I've known folks who are waiting for liver transplants. They're not easy to get and it can take awhile to get one.

Not so fast, I guess. My cousin is back in the hospital because he had increased levels of ammonia enzymes.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 Mar 2018, 11:28

Does anyone have that loud co worker that thinks they're they life and soul of the party 24/7? Cunts!

NMB

Postby NMB » 15 Mar 2018, 12:31

I recently had my 2-yearly health check, nothing nasty found I'm pleased to say. After the cardiovascular tests I was told that I'm as fit as the average 25-29 year-old (I'm 52), which really pleased me until I got to wondering just how unfit the average 25-29 year old probably is these days.
turn on, tune in, nod off

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 15 Mar 2018, 13:14

There was a time in the 1970s and early 1980s (before I met her) that Chip's mother and step-father lived in a long house on the Isle of Harris. Chip was fond of quoting the locals, in that peculiarly lilting and musical Hebridean accent: on such was, 'Och the lambs are dancing', referring to the spring-heeled frolics of very young lambs. I've seen it many times, but this is the first quarter-decent fist I've made of recording, although having Scrap yanking at the lead in my other hand, it's not as smooth as I would have liked...

In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Mar 2018, 15:30

NMB wrote:I recently had my 2-yearly health check, nothing nasty found I'm pleased to say. After the cardiovascular tests I was told that I'm as fit as the average 25-29 year-old (I'm 52), which really pleased me until I got to wondering just how unfit the average 25-29 year old probably is these days.

A 29 year old still has 20 years to look ahead to 50 even if they're drinking litres of diet coke to wash down their 450 calorie burgers and fries and catch up in years - the body is way more forgiving at that age. I'd say you're still doing pretty well.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Mar 2018, 15:31

Rayge wrote:There was a time in the 1970s and early 1980s (before I met her) that Chip's mother and step-father lived in a long house on the Isle of Harris. Chip was fond of quoting the locals, in that peculiarly lilting and musical Hebridean accent: on such was, 'Och the lambs are dancing', referring to the spring-heeled frolics of very young lambs. I've seen it many times, but this is the first quarter-decent fist I've made of recording, although having Scrap yanking at the lead in my other hand, it's not as smooth as I would have liked...

Just in time for Easter coming up. That's cool.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Mar 2018, 15:33

Dr Markus wrote:Does anyone have that loud co worker that thinks they're they life and soul of the party 24/7? Cunts!

We have this woman whom I'll call Stella, which is her name so it fits, who has this very loud sing-song voice. Everyone can hear her in the cube farm I work in.

I told a co-worker yesterday that Stella missed her calling because her sing-song cadence would be great for children's stories audio books.

My co-worker asked me if I disliked children and asked why I would want to punish them that way.

Return to “Nextdoorland”