MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
The Fish
Beer Battered

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby The Fish » 14 Jun 2020, 10:12

Dr. Baron wrote:The fire guy basically said they were bullshit detectors

Had Jimbo just posted something before they went off.
We're way past rhubarb

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 14 Jun 2020, 11:41

Dr. Baron wrote:The fire guy basically said they were bullshit detectors

I wouldn't think that either you or Min would need to outsource that.

`

Postby ` » 14 Jun 2020, 13:34

souphound wrote:Don't get me started. I trudged all the way in to the office to access the Wi-Fi and additional resources (HelpDesk...). I need to transfer everything from my old iPhone5 to my new iPhone7 so that I can continue logging in remotely. The only way I can do it is though my phone.

Anyway, when got there, I watched a couple of videos on how to do it, just in case. Then I found the Wi-Fi was refusing me access. Called the HelpDesk who were completely helpless. Eventually, it decided that I was OK after all and let me in. I got through the process about 60% but ran into trouble. So I packed up my stuff and headed home. So frustrating.

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 14 Jun 2020, 13:45

Sam Stone wrote:
souphound wrote:Don't get me started. I trudged all the way in to the office to access the Wi-Fi and additional resources (HelpDesk...). I need to transfer everything from my old iPhone5 to my new iPhone7 so that I can continue logging in remotely. The only way I can do it is though my phone.

Anyway, when got there, I watched a couple of videos on how to do it, just in case. Then I found the Wi-Fi was refusing me access. Called the HelpDesk who were completely helpless. Eventually, it decided that I was OK after all and let me in. I got through the process about 60% but ran into trouble. So I packed up my stuff and headed home. So frustrating.

At the risk of sounding, well, stupid, I think so, but maybe not. I'll give it a shot see what happens.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

`

Postby ` » 14 Jun 2020, 16:00

souphound wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:

At the risk of sounding, well, stupid, I think so, but maybe not. I'll give it a shot see what happens.

Sorry, SH,. Couldn't resist, it's what they always say in the IT Crowd

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 15 Jun 2020, 02:59

Sam Stone wrote:
Sorry, SH,. Couldn't resist, it's what they always say in the IT Crowd

No need to be sorry, an obvious thing which should have come to me naturally, but didn't. (Didn't work btw :) )
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Jun 2020, 15:27

The duct tape we used to seal the greenhouse was shredded off in no time by squirrels and the greenhouse is once again a cafe for the local critters. I’m wanting to put some seedlings in there at the weekend so I’ve bought some 4 inch extra gluey pipe tape to seal it up with tonight AGAIN. I might just hire a bodyguard.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 19 Jun 2020, 16:22

Minnie the Minx wrote:The duct tape we used to seal the greenhouse was shredded off in no time by squirrels and the greenhouse is once again a cafe for the local critters. I’m wanting to put some seedlings in there at the weekend so I’ve bought some 4 inch extra gluey pipe tape to seal it up with tonight AGAIN. I might just hire a bodyguard.

What are your cats doing? Oh I know, preening in the sun or sleeping on their favorite chair. :)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Jun 2020, 16:40

Six String wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:The duct tape we used to seal the greenhouse was shredded off in no time by squirrels and the greenhouse is once again a cafe for the local critters. I’m wanting to put some seedlings in there at the weekend so I’ve bought some 4 inch extra gluey pipe tape to seal it up with tonight AGAIN. I might just hire a bodyguard.

What are your cats doing? Oh I know, preening in the sun or sleeping on their favorite chair. :)

Oh, Les. You’ve met my cats. You KNOW you’re right.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 19 Jun 2020, 17:15

The other night B took the dog out for a walk but neglected to tell me that she was planning on visiting a friend for a socially-distanced visit. Normally she's gone for about 45 minutes, so after a couple hours had passed I started to get nervous, especially since she'd left her phone at home and I couldn't contact her. I messaged a few friends who live relatively close by to see if any had seen her, but no luck there.
After four hours had passed I phoned 911 to see if they could help locate her, 'cause I was assuming the worst - that she'd been hit by a car and that she and the dog were dead or that she was in the hospital and that the dog had run off and was inevitable killing someone's pet cat, etc.
Anyway, while I was on the phone with the 911 dispatcher B came casually strolling up our front steps... what a fucking relief!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Jun 2020, 17:31

“Our Wives Like To Go Out Without Their Phones”
A novel by H. K-Tel and Dr Baron

Dr Markus wrote:

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 19 Jun 2020, 17:33

:lol:
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 19 Jun 2020, 18:09

:x
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 20 Jun 2020, 00:46

Funny, but that feeling cannot be anywhere near funny. Happy for the good ending Harv.

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Jun 2020, 05:56

I'm indulging in some local chocolate, a "bark" with blueberries (instead of the usual nuts which he also does). It feels extra healthy with the fruit in it. No, not really but it's delicious. Made with 86% dark chocolate from Belgium.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 20 Jun 2020, 23:15

There was a fire in flat last night a few minutes walk from me. Three kids died, 15, 8 and 5. Mum in ICU. Tragic. Looks bad as Police have it all still taped off and have established an Incident Room.

It made the national news.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 21 Jun 2020, 00:20

Got a call this afternoon from the Director Of Assisted Living at the place where my dad is, telling me that one of the nurses there had tested positive for youknowwhat. They think it's an isolated case, but of course they'll be testing everybody as soon as they can.

I thanked her for letting me know, and told her I hoped the nurse would recover soon and not have too hard a time with it. She thanked me and said I was the first person she'd talked to about this who'd said anything like that.

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Jun 2020, 04:47

Wow, grim to the brim. :(
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Jun 2020, 14:43

Charlie O. wrote:Got a call this afternoon from the Director Of Assisted Living at the place where my dad is, telling me that one of the nurses there had tested positive for youknowwhat. They think it's an isolated case, but of course they'll be testing everybody as soon as they can.

I thanked her for letting me know, and told her I hoped the nurse would recover soon and not have too hard a time with it. She thanked me and said I was the first person she'd talked to about this who'd said anything like that.

Hope all goes well there, Charlie!

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Jun 2020, 14:44

Baron seasoned our new wok last night!

Dr Markus wrote:

Return to “Nextdoorland”