MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Samoan

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Samoan » 13 Apr 2020, 17:59

Positive Passion wrote:I am making some millionaire shortbread. Anyone want some?

Oh yes please!
I've nothing sweet in except some caster sugar and a tin of Lyle's golden syrup. I can send ingredients.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 13 Apr 2020, 19:02

Samoan wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:I am making some millionaire shortbread. Anyone want some?

Oh yes please!
I've nothing sweet in except some caster sugar and a tin of Lyle's golden syrup. I can send ingredients.

If you chuck the sugar and golden syrup into a pan with a chunk of butter and simmer for fifteen minutes I think you would get a decent approximation of caramel.

Six String

Postby Six String » 13 Apr 2020, 20:36

What do you mean by "millionaire" shortbread? Double sifting? Special flour or butter?
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 13 Apr 2020, 21:17

Positive Passion wrote:
Samoan wrote:

Oh yes please!

If you chuck the sugar and golden syrup into a pan with a chunk of butter and simmer for fifteen minutes I think you would get a decent approximation of caramel.

:idea:
:)
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 13 Apr 2020, 21:24

Six String wrote:

What do you mean by "millionaire" shortbread? Double sifting? Special flour or butter?

Shortbread topped with a layer of soft caramel and a layer of chocolate.

Here's what I made:

Six String

Postby Six String » 13 Apr 2020, 22:54

Wow, looks tasty. Sign me up. :)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 13 Apr 2020, 23:10

Its horrible. I'm Scottish and it's far too sweet for me. Coats your teeth with fur.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 14 Apr 2020, 01:03

Gave up processed sugar for lent. Not that I'm particularly observant, but I kind of felt like doing it for myself anyway, and I do like ritual, as I've probably mentioned a few times down the years here.

Anyway, Easter morning I ate a delicious chocolate swirl pastry (basically the same as a cinnamon roll, only filled with chocolate rather than cinnamon). I enjoyed it in the short run, but now I have a sore throat. I probably put on a couple pounds too.

Trying really hard not to fall back into old, bad habits. Trying to carry my restraint that I showed for 40 days over farther. Which I guess is part of the point.

I like fresh fruit as much as Snickers bars anyway, unfortunately both are hard to come by right now, and of course stress eating is far too easy these days.

Waiting patiently for our fruit trees and grapevine to start producing. Should be any day now...
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 14 Apr 2020, 07:45

toomanyhatz wrote:
I like fresh fruit as much as Snickers bars anyway,

No way!

toomanyhatz wrote:unfortunately both are hard to come by right now,

Oh really! Why is that? Supply and demand seem to have largely settled down in Spain but there was never a problem with fresh produce. Is that in short supply where you are?

toomanyhatz wrote:and of course stress eating is far too easy these days.

I'd started running and gave up alcohol early this year and lost 10 kilos. It's all gone back on now. Biscuits!

toomanyhatz wrote:Waiting patiently for our fruit trees and grapevine to start producing. Should be any day now...

I'm very envious. What I'd give for a garden...
Bugger off.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 14 Apr 2020, 07:46

Minnie the Minx wrote:We paid $14 for a bottle of HP sauce via Amazon because we didn't want to go to the one place in Austin that sells it.

Just out of curiosity, why not?
Bugger off.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 14 Apr 2020, 09:24

Rorschach wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:We paid $14 for a bottle of HP sauce via Amazon because we didn't want to go to the one place in Austin that sells it.

I've had to switch to Daddies :x
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 14 Apr 2020, 10:48

Deebank wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

Luckily, I'm not a fan of brown sauce and Heinz ketchup is readily obtainable here.
So I don't really care about your condiment based problems.
Bugger off.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 14 Apr 2020, 19:15

Rorschach wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:unfortunately both are hard to come by right now,

Oh really! Why is that? Supply and demand seem to have largely settled down in Spain but there was never a problem with fresh produce. Is that in short supply where you are?

It's mostly about trying to shop as little as possible, and dodging people in the aisles requiring hurrying through the process more than I normally would. Though I actually have noticed a dip in the quality of fresh produce - I just bit into a very mealy apple, and we've noticed our bagged lettuce is becoming wilted a lot more quickly than usual. Don't know if it's from a surplus of caution - perhaps it's being over-washed in packing? Maybe people are hoarding and we're getting the leftovers? I do suspect some grocery chains have had limited local supply chain and are dealing more with factory farms.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Six String

Postby Six String » 14 Apr 2020, 21:07

This is many months past apple season so not unusual to run across less than stellar examples. This is a tough time in normal times for fruit as some citrus is done and we are too early for stone fruits and cherries are a month away. I wonder if there will be anyone available to pick cherries this year? I haven't had any issues getting fresh produce though the large farmer's market is closed afaik. I stopped going back in late February/early March so I can't confirm.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 15 Apr 2020, 09:07

Rorschach wrote:
Deebank wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

I don't really care about your condiment based problems.

At times like these heroic sacrifices HAVE to be made.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 15 Apr 2020, 13:05

Rorschach wrote:

I think we were trying to avoid going to a place we didn’t have any other need to go to.

Also, when I ordered it, I thought I was getting two bottles. It was a third party seller. :x
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 15 Apr 2020, 13:20

Still Baron wrote:
I think we were trying to avoid going to a place we didn’t have any other need to go to.

Ah. I'm in a similar situation. The only shop where I can get Marmite is about 10 blocks away. Theoretically, we can be fined for moving more than two blocks from home without a jolly good reason so I ordered from Amazon too.
It was cheaper than the shop.
Bugger off.

doctorlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter

Postby doctorlouie » 15 Apr 2020, 13:38

Rejoined this place... Carlsson asked me to. Which was nice.

doctorlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter

Postby doctorlouie » 15 Apr 2020, 13:39

Matt Lucas just followed me on Twitter after some interaction involving Gideon Coe and our childhoods... (that is, mine and Gideon's).

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 15 Apr 2020, 13:44

doctorlouie wrote:Rejoined this place... Carlsson asked me to. Which was nice.

Welcome back!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Return to “Nextdoorland”