MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29333
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Jun 2017, 16:50

:D
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 61547
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Jun 2017, 17:38

It's 9:30 in the morning and already over 85 degrees.
OCT wrote:Roger Waters is a cunt and his music is fucking shit.

User avatar
hippopotamus
Posts: 855
Joined: 22 Dec 2015, 11:00

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby hippopotamus » 22 Jun 2017, 18:46

Its hard coming back from a week's holiday.
Worse when you've been sick the whole time, and feel worse than ever. There's no senior support tomorrow, so Im covering by myself tomorrow. Found out a few days ago that my favourite patient died, and just got a call that one of my colleagues died this morning. I can't imagine general morale being lower. It's all a bit crap.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?


Indeed, what is point?

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17417
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Jun 2017, 19:08

hippopotamus wrote:Found out a few days ago that my favourite patient died, and just got a call that one of my colleagues died this morning. I can't imagine general morale being lower. It's all a bit crap.


Fuck, sorry to hear that.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
hippopotamus
Posts: 855
Joined: 22 Dec 2015, 11:00

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby hippopotamus » 22 Jun 2017, 20:40

The Great Defector wrote:
hippopotamus wrote:Found out a few days ago that my favourite patient died, and just got a call that one of my colleagues died this morning. I can't imagine general morale being lower. It's all a bit crap.


Fuck, sorry to hear that.


Thanks. One of my other colleagues called me to let me know, and asked if I was alright afterwards, but he must just be devastated because they were really good friends and had worked together for over 10 years. I got a bit teary earlier, and went out for a walk with no particular place to go or be, and happily saw one of my friends across the road debating with herself if she wanted to go in by herself to get dinner. So I joined her and had a giant hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream. I feel better.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?


Indeed, what is point?

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 61547
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Jun 2017, 21:06

hippopotamus wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:
hippopotamus wrote:Found out a few days ago that my favourite patient died, and just got a call that one of my colleagues died this morning. I can't imagine general morale being lower. It's all a bit crap.


Fuck, sorry to hear that.


Thanks. One of my other colleagues called me to let me know, and asked if I was alright afterwards, but he must just be devastated because they were really good friends and had worked together for over 10 years. I got a bit teary earlier, and went out for a walk with no particular place to go or be, and happily saw one of my friends across the road debating with herself if she wanted to go in by herself to get dinner. So I joined her and had a giant hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream. I feel better.


Double whammy. Sorry.
OCT wrote:Roger Waters is a cunt and his music is fucking shit.

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17417
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Jun 2017, 23:41

hippopotamus wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:
hippopotamus wrote:Found out a few days ago that my favourite patient died, and just got a call that one of my colleagues died this morning. I can't imagine general morale being lower. It's all a bit crap.


Fuck, sorry to hear that.


Thanks. One of my other colleagues called me to let me know, and asked if I was alright afterwards, but he must just be devastated because they were really good friends and had worked together for over 10 years. I got a bit teary earlier, and went out for a walk with no particular place to go or be, and happily saw one of my friends across the road debating with herself if she wanted to go in by herself to get dinner. So I joined her and had a giant hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream. I feel better.


It's good you found someone to chat with, it definitely helps. If Little things like a hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream help, get with it.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Six String
Posts: 20031
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 25 Jun 2017, 02:13

Finally, the temperature outside is livable. My house was the coolest it's been in a week.

On another topic, I'm drnking a Pinot Noir that came from vines propogated from a single vine growing against a garden wall in Wrotham(Kent), and is thought to have been planted by the Romans. A guy in Napa has a small vneyard derived from that single vine. 8-)

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 61547
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 27 Jun 2017, 19:25

I've been putting off my own life for awhile because my son wanted to spend the weekends doing stuff with me, but I knew it would come to to an end because friends become more important. Yesterday, he told me he wanted to do something with his buddy, Jared, during the day, but would still stay over at my place that night. It's starting.
OCT wrote:Roger Waters is a cunt and his music is fucking shit.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 61547
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 27 Jun 2017, 19:26

Six String wrote:Finally, the temperature outside is livable. My house was the coolest it's been in a week.

On another topic, I'm drnking a Pinot Noir that came from vines propogated from a single vine growing against a garden wall in Wrotham(Kent), and is thought to have been planted by the Romans. A guy in Napa has a small vneyard derived from that single vine. 8-)


I just bought a bridge in Brooklyn.
OCT wrote:Roger Waters is a cunt and his music is fucking shit.

User avatar
hippopotamus
Posts: 855
Joined: 22 Dec 2015, 11:00

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby hippopotamus » 27 Jun 2017, 20:41

The Great Defector wrote:
It's good you found someone to chat with, it definitely helps. If Little things like a hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream help, get with it.



The hospital's been so sad, but it's been just so wonderful how everyone's pulled together. Over the weekend I brought in cookies, but then someone bought me a coffee. Then the consultant bought everyone pizza. Today I came into work, and my friend who was on a night shift had left a present with a little tag with my name on it, and a post-it "I thought we could all use a smile".


She gave us all unicorn socks (from an in-joke from a meeting in which we were all misbehaving, which culminated in accidentally all giggling outloud at a gif someone had sent round, when someone was presenting something serious.)

...
I just deleted a bit of morbid ruminating. Anyway. Nice people are nice.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?


Indeed, what is point?

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17417
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Dr Markus » 27 Jun 2017, 20:51

hippopotamus wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:
It's good you found someone to chat with, it definitely helps. If Little things like a hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream help, get with it.



The hospital's been so sad, but it's been just so wonderful how everyone's pulled together. Over the weekend I brought in cookies, but then someone bought me a coffee. Then the consultant bought everyone pizza. Today I came into work, and my friend who was on a night shift had left a present with a little tag with my name on it, and a post-it "I thought we could all use a smile".


She gave us all unicorn socks (from an in-joke from a meeting in which we were all misbehaving, which culminated in accidentally all giggling outloud at a gif someone had sent round, when someone was presenting something serious.)

...
I just deleted a bit of morbid ruminating. Anyway. Nice people are nice.


Aye, people in the similar situation pulling together is usually the best answer. Youse all know what each other is going through so you don't need to explain anything, youse all just know. I know cops,firemen and soldiers that are similar. Still as I tell some of them if they do open up, you got reflect on the good or wins in your job too otherwise you'll go mad. It's called the "Liverpool supporters technique". We're famous for it. ;)
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17417
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Dr Markus » 28 Jun 2017, 13:29

I had my first Jehovah's Witnesses called to my door today. I was running late for work but kinda felt sorry for his futile attempt to get me interested. So I gave him 5 minutes and listened and nodded at the right time. Good luck trying this in Eire big lad.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
LeBaron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 42422
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby LeBaron » 28 Jun 2017, 14:58

I had to bring bagels to work this morning so I stopped at my local (suburban) Einstein's Bagels at 7:05 a.m. and they didn't have any plain fucking bagels. Jalapeño asiago? Dozens! Honey wheat? You betcha. What a world! :x
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29333
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Jun 2017, 15:24

Still Baron wrote:I had to bring bagels to work this morning so I stopped at my local (suburban) Einstein's Bagels at 7:05 a.m. and they didn't have any plain fucking bagels. Jalapeño asiago? Dozens! Honey wheat? You betcha. What a world! :x


We live in Texas baby not Brooklyn
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37700
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Count Machuki » 28 Jun 2017, 15:57

Still Baron wrote:I had to bring bagels to work this morning so I stopped at my local (suburban) Einstein's Bagels at 7:05 a.m. and they didn't have any plain fucking bagels. Jalapeño asiago? Dozens! Honey wheat? You betcha. What a world! :x


Honey fucking wheat?!
Goddamn Southern bagels.
BAGELS AREN'T SWEET
:x
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
nev “misery” gash
cultural defective
Posts: 15558
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby nev “misery” gash » 28 Jun 2017, 16:02

What's wrong with a floury bap?
Hodgson wrote:You just have to face reality that you are not well liked by some people here. Not necessarily people who will shout on the BCB cunt threads,but posters who are well liked by all and who get on with the business of posting to threads when they want

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 61547
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 28 Jun 2017, 17:19

Still Baron wrote:I had to bring bagels to work this morning so I stopped at my local (suburban) Einstein's Bagels at 7:05 a.m. and they didn't have any plain fucking bagels. Jalapeño asiago? Dozens! Honey wheat? You betcha. What a world! :x


I've noticed the same thing if you go to Noah's Bagels here (same as Einstein's). I now just stop off at the supermarket bakery where the bagels are just cooked and you have a surfeit of plain bagels along with other kinds. Boutique bagels are for the birds.

And you can quote me on that.
OCT wrote:Roger Waters is a cunt and his music is fucking shit.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 61547
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 28 Jun 2017, 17:20

The Savage Young Gash wrote:What's wrong with a floury bap?


You're a floury bap.
OCT wrote:Roger Waters is a cunt and his music is fucking shit.

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37700
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Count Machuki » 28 Jun 2017, 17:31

BAGELS IN ORDER
Garlic
Onion
"Everything"
cheddar
Poppy/sesame seed
plain
(Cinnamon Raisin, Blueberry, Honey Wheat, Cranberry) <---all of these can go to Hell
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D