MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jun 2017, 22:54

Turns out Carrie Fisher had coke, heroin and ecstasy in her system when she died. That's a party right there. Fucking eight-ball and ecstasy.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 19 Jun 2017, 23:04

So I was in the neighborhood I grew up in yesterday and the Baskin-Robbins ice cream store that I used to go to after school (and we're talking grade school here) closed down. I was trying to figure out how long it had been there. I'm fairly convinced it was at least 50 years.

There's also a Winchell's Donuts there that's been there almost as long, which is still there.

Time marches on and all that, but it made me really sad for some reason.
Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.
1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Jun 2017, 04:48

Yesterday, we went to a SF Bay beach called Coyote Point. Derek and I were swimming and noticed everyone had left the water. The reason they'd left is there was a smallish leopard shark near the beach.

That's San Francisco way in the background of us swimming.

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 20 Jun 2017, 15:10

Today's my last day of work until July 10th. We're driving to the east coast and renting a cottage on Grand Manan island in the Bay of Fundy (which, fyi, has the highest tides in the world). There will be lots of picture taking, beachcombing, hiking, eating of seafood, and other fun island activities, and I am not going to miss work one bit.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Jun 2017, 15:34

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Today's my last day of work until July 10th. We're driving to the east coast and renting a cottage on Grand Manan island in the Bay of Fundy (which, fyi, has the highest tides in the world). There will be lots of picture taking, beachcombing, hiking, eating of seafood, and other fun island activities, and I am not going to miss work one bit.

Good for you. Have a great time. But I guess that's why they call it "Fun"dy.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 20 Jun 2017, 16:16

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 20 Jun 2017, 16:51

We got a coffee machine in the canteen, the novelty is getting the better of me and I'm drinking to much coffee.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

Grey Error
funky thigh collector

Postby Grey Error » 20 Jun 2017, 16:59

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Today's my last day of work until July 10th. We're driving to the east coast and renting a cottage on Grand Manan island in the Bay of Fundy (which, fyi, has the highest tides in the world). There will be lots of picture taking, beachcombing, hiking, eating of seafood, and other fun island activities, and I am not going to miss work one bit.

Sounds wonderful.

We had a great weekend, until we finished walking the Appalachian trail and I ended up in hospital with severe muscle spasm and spent our last day knocked out on the hotel room on benzos and painkillers. I still can't turn my head to the right. I look like a Kraftwerk dummy. Nature walks my arse.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Jun 2017, 20:55

Congrats on getting away from the routine. It can only help. Have a great time.

I'm halfway through this heatwave, four more days to go. :P This is that week in the summer when I wonder why I live here.
Hopefully we won't have another streak like this though I know it won't be our last 100 F days for the summer. Notby a long shot.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Jun 2017, 21:00

Six String wrote:

I'm halfway through this heatwave, four more days to go. :P This is that week in the summer when I wonder why I live here.
Hopefully we won't have another streak like this though I know it won't be our last 100 F days for the summer. Notby a long shot.

I was thinking "Baron and Minnie go through this shit all summer." No, thanks.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 20 Jun 2017, 21:05

Minnie the Minx wrote:Nature walks my arse.

Bummer. Hope you're feeling better.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 20 Jun 2017, 21:14

sloopjohnc wrote:
Six String wrote:

It sucks. I'm so over it.
toomanyhatz wrote:I honestly don't care for most Beach Boys car songs

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 20 Jun 2017, 23:17

Hope your neck is better soon, Min, and happy hols to Harvey.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 20 Jun 2017, 23:44

Thanks, Belle! And yes, I hope your neck loosens up right quick, Min.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 21 Jun 2017, 05:40

Minnie the Minx wrote:We had a great weekend, until we finished walking the Appalachian trail and I ended up in hospital with severe muscle spasm and spent our last day knocked out on the hotel room on benzos and painkillers. I still can't turn my head to the right. I look like a Kraftwerk dummy. Nature walks my arse.

Yoiks! Was this dehydration or just plain overexertion or what? Hope you're fully recovered in a jiffy.

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Jun 2017, 05:43

Still Baron wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
Six String wrote:

I think that's the hard part. It only happens for 7-10 days out of the summer so not a lot really. Here we are going to have eight days in a row which is above average. It was 66 in San Francisco today. I'd love to be able to drive to SF and stay during these days. I guess it could be a choice to consider when I retire.

I hope you're feeling better Anna. Your story sounds so unusual. Your neck?

Grey Error
funky thigh collector

Postby Grey Error » 21 Jun 2017, 13:15

Yeah, I had carried a heavy backpack full of waters up a rocky and difficult incline. When we got down, it started to ache, and instinctively I started to try and massage the area with my fingers which was a big mistake. I went to bed with it twanging and woke up at 4am in pain so bad I peuked. It was a severe cercival spinal muscle spasm and the very nice hospital staff who are used to dealing with injuries from the trail gave me lots of things to make me happy.
Next time on the trail I'm hiring a mule.:D
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Jun 2017, 13:59

Six String wrote:
Still Baron wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

I think that's the hard part. It only happens for 7-10 days out of the summer so not a lot really. Here we are going to have eight days in a row which is above average. It was 66 in San Francisco today. I'd love to be able to drive to SF and stay during these days. I guess it could be a choice to consider when I retire.

It's supposed to be hottest tomorrow, so I was a nice guy and paid for a Santa Cruz resort near the coast Thurs and Fri for my ex and the kids.

Last night, my son and I went to an orientation. He has a summer job doing various city jobs like making trails and cleaning up stuff. They take him and some other kids out in vans each day to work locations. He has to get work gloves this weekend when he starts Monday.

Another co-worker called me a "quick study" yesterday. I've been called lots of things, but never a quick study.
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 21 Jun 2017, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 21 Jun 2017, 15:41

Minnie the Minx wrote:Yeah, I had carried a heavy backpack full of waters up a rocky and difficult incline. When we got down, it started to ache, and instinctively I started to try and massage the area with my fingers which was a big mistake. I went to bed with it twanging and woke up at 4am in pain so bad I peuked. It was a severe cercival spinal muscle spasm and the very nice hospital staff who are used to dealing with injuries from the trail gave me lots of things to make me happy.

I have $923 in rolled coins that I need to take to the bank today, and now I'm getting nervous about carrying them all on my back. I wonder if there's anywhere in Toronto to hire a mule...

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Jun 2017, 16:30

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:Yeah, I had carried a heavy backpack full of waters up a rocky and difficult incline. When we got down, it started to ache, and instinctively I started to try and massage the area with my fingers which was a big mistake. I went to bed with it twanging and woke up at 4am in pain so bad I peuked. It was a severe cercival spinal muscle spasm and the very nice hospital staff who are used to dealing with injuries from the trail gave me lots of things to make me happy.

I have $923 in rolled coins that I need to take to the bank today, and now I'm getting nervous about carrying them all on my back. I wonder if there's anywhere in Toronto to hire a mule...

Don't mules usually stuff things like that up their rectum?

Wrong kind of mule, I guess.

Return to “Nextdoorland”