MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbly

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jimbly » 07 Apr 2017, 23:45

Jeemo wrote:
Hugh wrote:
Jeemo wrote:Barfing did not take place. First time on major rides in years.

Aye, those teacups are murder.

Tell me about it

Nemesis, Smiler, Thirteen and Rita were nothing compared to the Teacups. Drew the line at Oblivion though. Wee guy went on everything, total fearless apart from when it comes to brushing his teeth.

I went on Oblivion today, front row as well. Still didn't barf.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Apr 2017, 05:00

It turns out that I live two blocks from a brewery that critcs are saying could be the next Russian River Brewing (one of the top breweries in California, arguably). I went on Thursday to check them out (Track 7) and they had six or sevens different brews from a Belgian style wit to an I.P.A. made with blood oranges, a few DI.P.A.s and something they call Nuckin' Futz which is a sweetis, high alcohol beverage that I avoided. Panic IPA is one of their big sellers I guess. Thursdays are foodtruck night and that night it was a Maine Lobster truck of some kind. I went around 3:30 and didn't stay long enough to partake but I'm making tentative plans with friends to come by on Thursdays and we'll walk over and check rhe action.

Finally, now that I don't drink much, I'm with hin walkng distance to a great beer maker. Life isn't fair. Do I need to ratchet up consumption and take advantage? Possibly! :D
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Apr 2017, 14:51

We threw last Halloween's pumpkin onto our veg patch last year and over the past week it has sprouted an amazing plant and huge yellow flowers.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Apr 2017, 17:16

Minnie the Minx wrote:We threw last Halloween's pumpkin onto our veg patch last year and over the past week it has sprouted an amazing plant and huge yellow flowers.

Uhh, that would be pumpkin plant.

And yeah, kidding aside, the blooms are pretty amazing.

Bonus: They turn into pumpkins.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 10 Apr 2017, 21:50

Two homicides in adjacent neighborhood this weekend. One, they found a guy slumped in his BMW, wipers going, who'd been shot in the head and the other last night. A cop saw a handgun in a car with lots of people at a 7-11/gas station. A guy in the car jetted and the cops followed him into an alley and gunned him down.

My co-worker told me about the first one and knowing the strip mall area where it happened, I responded, "Wow, I didn't know Walgreen's took their return policy so seriously."

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 10 Apr 2017, 22:24

To me, this says a lot about social media. . .

Microsoft engineers created a Twitter bot named “Tay” this past spring in an attempt to chat with Millennials by responding to their prompts, but within hours it was spouting racist, sexist, Holocaust-denying tweets based on algorithms that had it “learning” how to respond to others based on what was tweeted at it.

Bent Fabric

Postby Bent Fabric » 10 Apr 2017, 23:16

Ordering a custom hearing protection fitting for my drummer - a number of us who have contributed to his tinnitus over the years have pitched in to provide a top shelf solution a few grades above the standard issue "What?" plugs.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Apr 2017, 00:05

Bent Fabric wrote:Ordering a custom hearing protection fitting for my drummer - a number of us who have contributed to his tinnitus over the years have pitched in to provide a top shelf solution a few grades above the standard issue "What?" plugs.

You coulda just told him, "Ringo couldn't hear what the other Beatles were playing," and left it at that.

But it's nice anyways.

Bent Fabric

Postby Bent Fabric » 11 Apr 2017, 00:18

I feel like you've just decoded the secret to the Beatles success.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Apr 2017, 00:19

Bent Fabric wrote:I feel like you've just decoded the secret to the Beatles success.

Even a blind squirrel. . .

Bent Fabric

Postby Bent Fabric » 11 Apr 2017, 00:21

I can imagine some of the more dogmatic touring companies of "guys in wigs and suits".

*(unplugs monitors)*

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Apr 2017, 14:04

My Canadian cousin landed over with her kid for the Irish dancing championship in Dublin. It’s funny when you think that she’s Canadian with an Irish ma, married an Indian guy, and their son somehow got an interest in Irish dancing. Curious mix.
Last edited by Dr Markus on 11 Apr 2017, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 11 Apr 2017, 14:06

The Great Defector wrote:My Canadian cousin landed over with her kid for the Irish dancing championship in Dublin. It’s funny when you think that she’s Canadian with an Irish ma, who married an Indian guy, and their son somehow got an interest in Irish dancing. Curious mix.

Racist.
Question authority.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Apr 2017, 14:08

Jimbo wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:My Canadian cousin landed over with her kid for the Irish dancing championship in Dublin. It’s funny when you think that she’s Canadian with an Irish ma, who married an Indian guy, and their son somehow got an interest in Irish dancing. Curious mix.

Racist.

Yes, yes I am. It's Irish dancing, for Irish people!
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 11 Apr 2017, 16:40

I woke up this morning feeling really down and tired. I decided to come in to work for the morning and take the rest of the week off. Since we already have Good Friday and Easter Monday off, that gives me nearly a week off for 2.5 days of vacation time.

Go me!
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Apr 2017, 16:53

I used up too many holidays to be able to do that anymore. :(

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Apr 2017, 17:56

My son is part of a team to design a rollercoaster. An amusement park chain sponsors the science competition. I thought that would be a cool job - rollercoaster designer. I have a rollercoaster design app on my phone and it's fun.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Apr 2017, 18:08

sloopjohnc wrote:My son is part of a team to design a rollercoaster. An amusement park chain sponsors the science competition. I thought that would be a cool job - rollercoaster designer. I have a rollercoaster design app on my phone and it's fun.

Sloop and Derek yesterday

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Apr 2017, 18:19

The Great Defector wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:My son is part of a team to design a rollercoaster. An amusement park chain sponsors the science competition. I thought that would be a cool job - rollercoaster designer. I have a rollercoaster design app on my phone and it's fun.

Sloop and Derek yesterday

:lol:

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 13 Apr 2017, 18:22

I got an email from my high school alumni group announcing that they were setting up a $1000 scholarship program in honor of a classmate who recently passed away. It sounded like a nice thing to do until I got to the part where the email said that the scholarship would be given to a graduate from our alma mater who met this qualification: "senior student-athlete, who is enrolling in a 4 year college and majoring in either political science, sports management or pre-law." What irks me is the narrow scope of the qualification. Does society need more campaign managers, sports managers or lawyers? I don't think so. We need more plumbers, electricians and carpenters, not to mention doctors, nurses, scientists and artists. I am sorely tempted to send the email back to the whole group and telling them where to stuff their elitist scholarship. Should I?
Question authority.

Return to “Nextdoorland”