MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String
Posts: 19673
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 29 Apr 2017, 01:23

It's Friday and I'm still putting things away from movng. Will this never end? I still have some books, inconsequential cds, large terra cotta pots and a few other small things. I saved some money by not paying to have everythng moved but considering my time s worth something, I'm not sure how well that has worked out. Water under the bridge at this point and I am almost truly done. I still need to buy some storage thingy for the kitchen. My pots and pans aren't numerous but they are not small so they take up a lot of space. Maybe I could hang them from the ceiling?

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 27856
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Apr 2017, 01:34

Six String wrote:It's Friday and I'm still putting things away from movng. Will this never end? I still have some books, inconsequential cds, large terra cotta pots and a few other small things. I saved some money by not paying to have everythng moved but considering my time s worth something, I'm not sure how well that has worked out. Water under the bridge at this point and I am almost truly done. I still need to buy some storage thingy for the kitchen. My pots and pans aren't numerous but they are not small so they take up a lot of space. Maybe I could hang them from the ceiling?


You have my empathy. Moving on your own is the worst. You'll get through it! X
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 58075
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Apr 2017, 22:40

Six String wrote:It's Friday and I'm still putting things away from movng. Will this never end? I still have some books, inconsequential cds, large terra cotta pots and a few other small things. I saved some money by not paying to have everythng moved but considering my time s worth something, I'm not sure how well that has worked out. Water under the bridge at this point and I am almost truly done. I still need to buy some storage thingy for the kitchen. My pots and pans aren't numerous but they are not small so they take up a lot of space. Maybe I could hang them from the ceiling?


There's a place in Eugene with your name on it.
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .

Six String
Posts: 19673
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 30 Apr 2017, 23:21

sloopjohnc wrote:
Six String wrote:It's Friday and I'm still putting things away from movng. Will this never end? I still have some books, inconsequential cds, large terra cotta pots and a few other small things. I saved some money by not paying to have everythng moved but considering my time s worth something, I'm not sure how well that has worked out. Water under the bridge at this point and I am almost truly done. I still need to buy some storage thingy for the kitchen. My pots and pans aren't numerous but they are not small so they take up a lot of space. Maybe I could hang them from the ceiling?


There's a place in Eugene with your name on it.


If it's still available in a year I might be interested. Assuming I have forgotten about this move by then. :)

Six String
Posts: 19673
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 30 Apr 2017, 23:28

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Six String wrote:It's Friday and I'm still putting things away from movng. Will this never end? I still have some books, inconsequential cds, large terra cotta pots and a few other small things. I saved some money by not paying to have everythng moved but considering my time s worth something, I'm not sure how well that has worked out. Water under the bridge at this point and I am almost truly done. I still need to buy some storage thingy for the kitchen. My pots and pans aren't numerous but they are not small so they take up a lot of space. Maybe I could hang them from the ceiling?


You have my empathy. Moving on your own is the worst. You'll get through it! X


If I learned ne thing with this move it is, I'll never move this much stuff again. :lol:

Now that my gardening supplies are back with me I'm starting to do some planting and minor gardening tasks and ot feels good.
It's starting to feel a little like home already and that makes me happy. I am still really glad to be n the space I'm in. The location is really great, a good balance between being downtown with the hip and professional and a homey neighborhood. Having a microbrewery two blocks away that is opened seven days a week is a bonus.

Jesus, typing with an iPad is stupid.
Last edited by Six String on 01 May 2017, 04:45, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 62168
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Diamond Dog » 01 May 2017, 00:34

I've done that move 5 times in 7 years ... it's bloody swful and I certainly don;t want to do it again any time soon. You have my deepest sympathies my man.
Image

User avatar
PresMuffley
Posts: 798
Joined: 06 Feb 2017, 12:00

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby PresMuffley » 01 May 2017, 04:43

I went to a high-end estate sale today. There was a large library full of leather-bound books all in Swedish. The owners of the estate were not Swedes, so this was strange to me. Turns out books printed in Swedish are much cheaper than in many other languages and some rich people who want to appear to be well-read fill their library with them.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Six String
Posts: 19673
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 01 May 2017, 04:47

Diamond Dog wrote:I've done that move 5 times in 7 years ... it's bloody swful and I certainly don;t want to do it again any time soon. You have my deepest sympathies my man.


Wow, my condolences to YOU my man. I've got some wine to drink over the next year and some music to sell.

User avatar
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 41292
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Nationwide

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Still Baron » 04 May 2017, 13:06

Congratulations on the move, Les! Glad you're getting settled ... Hanging pots and pans is definitely the dream!
Jimbo wrote:But there is hope for pessimism.

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
hippopotamus
Posts: 627
Joined: 22 Dec 2015, 11:00

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby hippopotamus » 04 May 2017, 13:27

I made wookie cookies today. I did put a photo on Facebook. For you.


Also my day was properly made by a gang of storm troopers, Darth Vader, r2d2 and one of the sand people came to visit the wards today. I think they might have scared the children....but I loved it

Angshu's coming to visit today. I'm going to show him how the only Real curry is a Glaswedgian curry. And we're going to see Bob Dylan on Monday.

Everything's turning up Milhouse.
My epitaph, please

billy wrote:She took no shit. Very confident and no nonsense woman. Wears her drawers back to front these days ...

Good on her!

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 14326
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby The Great Defector » 04 May 2017, 14:25

This week as flew by, but Ireland actually has genuine Sunny days. No, I mean it, we do. It's hot without being to too hot, but I'm not gonna risk it with my Irish white skin. Factor 136 sun tan lotion.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38350
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 04 May 2017, 15:28

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I got punched in the jaw and also like a spider had crawled down my throat and bitten me and then I had an uncontrollable coughing fit (I've been fighting a cold for a month now - everyone I know that's had it has had it for at least a month). The spiderbite sensation is gone but my jaw is still sore and I think it's finally time to go see a doctor but I'm fucking swamped at work right now and can't take any time away at all.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 14326
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby The Great Defector » 04 May 2017, 15:34

Harvey K-Tel wrote:I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I got punched in the jaw and also like a spider had crawled down my throat and bitten me and then I had an uncontrollable coughing fit (I've been fighting a cold for a month now - everyone I know that's had it has had it for at least a month). The spiderbite sensation is gone but my jaw is still sore and I think it's finally time to go see a doctor but I'm fucking swamped at work right now and can't take any time away at all.


Maybe you were snoring and your better half gave you a quick elbow to the jaw, then pretended to be asleep.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 19719
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jeemo » 04 May 2017, 16:51

hippopotamus wrote:I made wookie cookies today. I did put a photo on Facebook. For you.


Also my day was properly made by a gang of storm troopers, Darth Vader, r2d2 and one of the sand people came to visit the wards today. I think they might have scared the children....but I loved it

Angshu's coming to visit today. I'm going to show him how the only Real curry is a Glaswedgian curry. And we're going to see Bob Dylan on Monday.

Everything's turning up Milhouse.


Where you going for the curry?
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
K
Posts: 5916
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby K » 04 May 2017, 16:59

I got through another Thursday without the Ofsted call. They're coming for me and my trainee teachers this year... just don't know when...
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

User avatar
hippopotamus
Posts: 627
Joined: 22 Dec 2015, 11:00

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby hippopotamus » 04 May 2017, 17:07

Jeemo wrote:
hippopotamus wrote:I made wookie cookies today. I did put a photo on Facebook. For you.


Also my day was properly made by a gang of storm troopers, Darth Vader, r2d2 and one of the sand people came to visit the wards today. I think they might have scared the children....but I loved it

Angshu's coming to visit today. I'm going to show him how the only Real curry is a Glaswedgian curry. And we're going to see Bob Dylan on Monday.

Everything's turning up Milhouse.


Where you going for the curry?



Was going to go to mother India (irony of ironies)..better suggestion?
My epitaph, please

billy wrote:She took no shit. Very confident and no nonsense woman. Wears her drawers back to front these days ...

Good on her!

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 19719
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jeemo » 04 May 2017, 17:10

hippopotamus wrote:
Jeemo wrote:
hippopotamus wrote:I made wookie cookies today. I did put a photo on Facebook. For you.


Also my day was properly made by a gang of storm troopers, Darth Vader, r2d2 and one of the sand people came to visit the wards today. I think they might have scared the children....but I loved it

Angshu's coming to visit today. I'm going to show him how the only Real curry is a Glaswedgian curry. And we're going to see Bob Dylan on Monday.

Everything's turning up Milhouse.


Where you going for the curry?



Was going to go to mother India (irony of ironies)..better suggestion?


The Dhabba is my favourite. Mr Singhs is also very good. Years since I was in Mother India. Mr Singhs do fantastic haggis pakora.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 27856
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 May 2017, 17:37

Baron's Mum came to watch my show on Saturday and she told me that the lyrics reminded her of a poem by James Dickey called 'Falling' - I was vaguely aware of his name but unaware of his poems. I went and read that poem, based on a true story of an airline stewardess getting pulled out of a plane by accident in the 1960s. It's one of the most wonderful and disturbing poems I have ever read.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 58075
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 May 2017, 18:16

Minnie the Minx wrote:Baron's Mum came to watch my show on Saturday and she told me that the lyrics reminded her of a poem by James Dickey called 'Falling' - I was vaguely aware of his name but unaware of his poems. I went and read that poem, based on a true story of an airline stewardess getting pulled out of a plane by accident in the 1960s. It's one of the most wonderful and disturbing poems I have ever read.


Interesting. You probably know he wrote Deliverance by now and his first three or four collections of poetry are really good. You could also win a trivia contest by knowing that one of his collections namechecks Vince Lombardi, famed head coach of the Green Bay Packers.
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 27856
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 May 2017, 18:22

Oooooh!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Return to “Nextdoorland”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Copehead and 6 guests