MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Sep 2018, 21:54

Wally Bingbang wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
Wally Bingbang wrote:Getting some good ol' fashioned kitchen table surgery done on Sunday. I've been walking around with a cyst the size of a blueberry on the top of my head for the better part of 15 years, and my surgeon brother-in-law is going to get rid of it while we're at my in-laws' house on Sunday. I'm a bit nervous, but also kind of excited! I just hope I don't bleed all over the place.

Maybe he can do a whole facial reconstruction while he's at it.

I mean, he's going to have his pocket knife and some rubbing alcohol out anyway.

I showed him your picture and asked if he could make me look like you and he said he could stitch a dissected pig foetus to my face but that he used the last one in a student training session yesterday.

:lol:

Ooooooh, good one.

I hate to tell you, but I doubt people would notice the difference. And if they did, they'd probably ask if I did anything to my hair.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 18 Sep 2018, 22:42

;)
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 19 Sep 2018, 03:18

Wally Bingbang wrote:Getting some good ol' fashioned kitchen table surgery done on Sunday. I've been walking around with a cyst the size of a blueberry on the top of my head for the better part of 15 years, and my surgeon brother-in-law is going to get rid of it while we're at my in-laws' house on Sunday. I'm a bit nervous, but also kind of excited! I just hope I don't bleed all over the place.

Fuckin' socialized healthcare. Gotta love it!
#jealous
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 19 Sep 2018, 16:53

Good luck. One bit of advice (given to me by the surgeon who removed a thing from my temple last year, but a bit late): Try not to drink alcohol the night before, or the day of, to help limit the bleeding.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Sep 2018, 17:12

On Sunday, we went over to visit the kids' grandmother to have lunch to celebrate my son's birthday.

I drove with my ex, my daughter, and my son.

Every once in a while on family trips, the kids will start discussing who's funnier, mom or dad, like they did on the way home. My ex hates this because she thinks she's way funnier than me. I don't care, but I like to try and see my ex defend herself and get more miffed when the kids say I'm funnier. You'd think she thinks she's Julia Louis-Dreyfus the way she kicks up a fuss defending her sense of humor.

My daughter tried to be a peacemaker by saying that mom was more accidentally funny than dad.

This didn't help at all.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Sep 2018, 16:54

Last night, I was chewing gum on way home from work and a molar crown fell out. I called and they can't see me until Monday.

This morning, I stumbled waking up and I landed right on my glasses and broke the frames. I have a spare, and these are inconveniences, but they're inconveniences that will cost me dough.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 20 Sep 2018, 19:41

sloopjohnc wrote:Last night, I was chewing gum on way home from work and a molar crown fell out. I called and they can't see me until Monday.

This morning, I stumbled waking up and I landed right on my glasses and broke the frames. I have a spare, and these are inconveniences, but they're inconveniences that will cost me dough.

Senility is a bastard, eh Sloop?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Sep 2018, 22:15

Jumper K wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Last night, I was chewing gum on way home from work and a molar crown fell out. I called and they can't see me until Monday.

Senility is a bastard, eh Sloop?

I'm breaking down, inside and out.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 22 Sep 2018, 14:03

Today my wife and I went downtown to buy some new clogs for my her at an exclusive Dansko shop in Aoyama, a quite posh part of Tokyo. I had no idea how posh it was but walking around with all the famous designer shops, museums and sidewalk cafes, Aoyama looks more like a fashionable European city than Tokyo. And so many other people were out and the women were dressed well and looking fine - as, of course, was my lovely wife. Anyway, as we are walking along my wife says to me that is is hard to imagine that in World War Two these sidewalks were piled with dead bodies. Apparently Aoyama was in the center of the allied bombing and fire bombing raids.
Question authority.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 24 Sep 2018, 15:31

All done! It looked like a red M&M!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Sep 2018, 16:35

Wally Bingbang wrote:

All done! It looked like a red M&M!

All kidding aside, good for you.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Sep 2018, 16:42

This weekend was about visiting and catching up with old friends.

On Sunday, I dropped off a 60th birthday present to a friend of mine who had a heart transplant two years ago but got some kind of nerve disorder as a result of some rejection problems. He'd been in a care facility since March and came home this weekend. I also worked with his wife and we became good friends. He has two teenagers. a girl and a boy, and a big "Welcome Home, Papa" sign was on the front door.

I got him this. . .

On Sunday, I had lunch with my second mom and dad, essentially. My brother and I were best friends with their two sons. We talked about kids and grandkids, and with all the problems we think we have with my son, we're lucky. One of their granddaughters has severe mental issues and another of their grandkids had to be shipped off to a really strict boarding school because she was flunking all her classes at regular high school and having severe emotional issues. They only get to visit once a month, and that would kill me (and my ex) if we could only visit one of our kids every month out of state.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Sep 2018, 17:02

I'm getting older, obviously, and have been having to get up a lot at night to pee. I read somewhere on the net where eating a handful of raisins helps.

It has. I've gone from having to get up almost every hour to once or twice a night since I've shoveled a handful of raisins in my mouth before I go to sleep.

Six String

Postby Six String » 26 Sep 2018, 18:36

Bph, diabetes and kidney disease are three things that could be causing this John. Without any medical intervention I would guess the first one is most likely. Every hour is very unusual and should probably be investigated. Avoiding liquids for at least an jour before bed could help. My unsolicited opinion is to not avoid this. I've got ten years on you and I don't get up in the night to urinate. Granted we're all different but it still sounds concerning.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Sep 2018, 18:41

Six String wrote:Bph, diabetes and kidney disease are three things that could be causing this John. Without any medical intervention I would guess the first one is most likely. Every hour is very unusual and should probably be investigated. Avoiding liquids for at least an jour before bed could help. My unsolicited opinion is to not avoid this. I've got ten years on you and I don't get up in the night to urinate. Granted we're all different but it still sounds concerning.

I get blood tests every six months nowadays. The doctor says everything looks good and since I stopped drinking and eating red meat/pork/sausage because of the gout attack I got in April, they look even better.

But I thought about the Bph too and was going to ask my doctor about it - diabetes and kidneys look good according to to him from the blood tests.

Six String

Postby Six String » 26 Sep 2018, 19:04

Good to hear. Next up, the digital exam! :D
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 26 Sep 2018, 19:37

My mum passed away this morning after a short illness. She was 93 which is a good age by any standards and was very much loved.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 26 Sep 2018, 19:43

sorry to hear your news Hugh, hope all goes smoothly for you and the family.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 26 Sep 2018, 19:44

Jeemo wrote:sorry to hear your news Hugh, hope all goes smoothly for you and the family.

Same here Hugh. Very sorry to hear.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 26 Sep 2018, 19:50

Much love coming your way telepathically, Hugh.

Return to “Nextdoorland”