MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jeemo

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jeemo » 06 Aug 2017, 12:26

A.Tremble wrote:
Jeemo wrote:That's the end of a week that I'm glad is finished. The Big Dog left us early this week and today we buried my mother-in-law. All went as well as could be hoped for. Deep breath and back to some sort of normality.

An appalling week. Take a deep breath. Sending all good thoughts. Take it easy x

thanks, hope Sam did ok at the vets once you all caught up with him.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 06 Aug 2017, 14:53

Thanks all..I've been preparing for this time for a bit, so it's not surprising really. He's never really been seriously ill either, which might be a bit testing.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 07 Aug 2017, 21:23

Just been to the Statue of Liberty in the pouring rain.

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 08 Aug 2017, 17:57

Today, for the very first time, the check-out woman at the supermarket gave me a 10% reduction for seniors.

... and I'm still 7 years from retirement! :shock:

I feel old. :|
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Nick

Postby Nick » 08 Aug 2017, 19:17

Taking the tram home from the office this evening, three lads got on at the same stop as me. They must have been 20 or 21, something like that, all dressed in trackie trousers, Nike trainers and t-shirts, that sort of thing. You know the type, swaggering young idiots, emanating in equal parts auras of marijuana and casual violence.

The tram was crowded, and standing near to them, I and everyone else in the vicinity heard them keep up a steady stream of the most vile anti-gay insults aimed at each other, interspersed with threats of stabbing and beatings. One charmer even said he was going to cut off his mate's skin and 'make it into a lampshade'.

I, and probably everyone else, was having the same conversation in our heads.

"Someone should say something."

"I should say something."

"I could say something".

"Yeah, I don't fancy getting stabbed though".

"Shit".

You know when your radar tells you it could all turn very nasty on a hair trigger? It wouldn't have taken much to set them off.

I'm not proud of it, but I got off at the next stop, and waited for another tram.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 08 Aug 2017, 20:51

Just back from walking Brookland Bridge and the Highline.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 08 Aug 2017, 21:24

Nick wrote:I'm not proud of it, but I got off at the next stop, and waited for another tram.

Well I, for one, thinks you did the right thing Nick
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 08 Aug 2017, 23:33

:lol: A woman clicked that she wanted to meet me on a dating site i'm on. She has a picture of Amy schumer as her profile pic. I mean schumer is famous enough that people would know who she is right?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 09 Aug 2017, 11:15

Maybe she is Amy Schumer.
I run out of talent

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 09 Aug 2017, 11:28

Bit unsettling: In the last two days I had two of my friends stating they had different forms of cancer. And now Jon K writes this on FB:

Ok, here goes
I have not been in the best of places lately and yesterday was really bad. In the end I went to the hospital where they checked me out for having a stroke. Thankfully I have not had a stroke and after over five hours of tests it was very thorough. So save for work stuff I will not be on here for a while. Please do not ring me or try to get in touch because quite honestly that causes more problems for me.
hopefully I will get throgh this but I need time away so please do what I have asked
Jon
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 09 Aug 2017, 11:49

WG Kaspar wrote:Maybe she is Amy Schumer.

Hmmmm :?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 09 Aug 2017, 16:21

never/ever wrote:Bit unsettling: In the last two days I had two of my friends stating they had different forms of cancer. And now Jon K writes this on FB:

Ok, here goes
I have not been in the best of places lately and yesterday was really bad. In the end I went to the hospital where they checked me out for having a stroke. Thankfully I have not had a stroke and after over five hours of tests it was very thorough. So save for work stuff I will not be on here for a while. Please do not ring me or try to get in touch because quite honestly that causes more problems for me.
hopefully I will get throgh this but I need time away so please do what I have asked
Jon

Just two days ago I came across a CD that Jon had written the liner notes for, and I wondered how he was doing (the last I heard was a few years ago, and it was a message not dissimilar to that one). Fingers crossed.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 09 Aug 2017, 19:25

Glad to be over "hump" day as the Americans call it. Long week so far. Must resist the tins of schtout I have in the fridge, be....strong....Mark!!!!!!

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 09 Aug 2017, 21:24

Charlie O. wrote:
never/ever wrote:Bit unsettling: In the last two days I had two of my friends stating they had different forms of cancer. And now Jon K writes this on FB:

Ok, here goes
Jon

Just two days ago I came across a CD that Jon had written the liner notes for, and I wondered how he was doing (the last I heard was a few years ago, and it was a message not dissimilar to that one). Fingers crossed.

Hes been battling through all sorts of medical and personal issues which he is kind of vague about when posting it on Facebook- he's been cheerful every single time I meet him on Cruise To the Edge so it is kind of up and down but this one seems pretty serious- this morning my FB opened with Jon stating :"THank you for all the kind comments and wishes I appreciate them bery (sic) much but really what you have to understand is that there really is nothing left. I am empty and there is no more. Thank you all the same."
Last edited by never/ever on 11 Aug 2017, 03:26, edited 1 time in total.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 09 Aug 2017, 22:17

Just been up the Empire State Building.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 10 Aug 2017, 12:52

My new meds have a side affect of making me feel hungry, I will put on some weight I've been warned. :evil:

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 10 Aug 2017, 17:59

I love that I can sneak home and work my last hour from home. :D 8-)

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 10 Aug 2017, 18:30

I have SIXTEEN employees and I never see more than eight or nine of them at a time.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Covers Cup Champion 2017

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 10 Aug 2017, 18:33

It looks like I'm going to be working/doing work stuff pretty much non stop until the middle of October. Late nights, weekends, whatever. With exceptions for things already on the calendar. It's been like this for a week or three now, it seems. This is the life I have chosen, and about 2/3 of it is my own doing ... but I've gotta bitch somewhere.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 10 Aug 2017, 23:08

Just read some of side effects of my new meds. Don't understand how the fuck it got legit. Don't care about if its 1 in 10 or 1 in 1000. Deeeeamn.