MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
harvey k-tel
Long Player

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby harvey k-tel » 18 Apr 2017, 18:24

Yes, hence the yellow laces on my skates.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 Apr 2017, 18:30

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Yes, hence the yellow laces on my skates.

I'd say your boxers would match that yellow colour if you ever had to fight on the ice.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Apr 2017, 18:55

Did a little back and forth with Guy E over Facebook messenger. I wanted to find out how he's doing and Turkish elections. He's doing fine, but apparently Turkey could be doing better. He's worried the liquor taxes will be going up.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 19 Apr 2017, 17:24

I'll say it again: Sometimes my favorite three words in the world are "the case settled."
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 19 Apr 2017, 19:19

An hour ago B texted me to say she was looking at a new car but wasn't sure if we should just drive our existing car into the ground or not. We now have a new car, and I didn't have to do a damn thing but text back and forth with her from the comfort of my desk. Ridiculous.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Apr 2017, 04:18

It's kitten season again so back at the shelter regularly bottle feeding kittens. One of the things I hate the most is when they start suckling each other - siblings sucking on each other's genitals. You have to separate them as it can cause serious urinary problems, and they get distressed and meow in a cage on their own which I always find upsetting. You try telling them 'this is what you get when you fellate your brother' but it goes in one ear and out the other.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 20 Apr 2017, 13:52

Minnie the Minx wrote:'this is what you get when you fellate your brother' but it goes in one ear and out the other.

That's a new lyric right there. Sure to go over well in one of your songwriter's circles.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 20 Apr 2017, 14:36

An hour ago, I bought patches to help me quit smoking. "Bout time I say.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

NMB

Postby NMB » 20 Apr 2017, 14:37

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:'this is what you get when you fellate your brother' but it goes in one ear and out the other.

That's a new lyric right there. Sure to go over well in one of your songwriter's circles.

It even rhymes.
turn on, tune in, nod off

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Apr 2017, 16:16

Last night my son stayed over. We went on a bike ride, I fed him dinner and watched Repo Man.

It gave him bad dreams. That and some spicy Chicken Tikka Masala can do that to someone.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 20 Apr 2017, 16:17

Two weeks with a cold is more than e-fucking-nough. Get out of my body VILE BUG!!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Apr 2017, 16:20

NMB wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:

It even rhymes.

It does!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Apr 2017, 16:20

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Two weeks with a cold is more than e-fucking-nough. Get out of my body VILE BUG!!

A lot of people and family have had the same kind a cold this winter. It's been kinda boomerangin' and sticking around in people awhile.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 20 Apr 2017, 16:27

sloopjohnc wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:Two weeks with a cold is more than e-fucking-nough. Get out of my body VILE BUG!!

A lot of people and family have had the same kind a cold this winter. It's been kinda boomerangin' and sticking around in people awhile.

Yeah, same up here. A friend even gave his cold a name and is charging it rent.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 20 Apr 2017, 16:28

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

Sweating it you usually works, gym or go for a run/skate.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Apr 2017, 16:30

souphound wrote:An hour ago, I bought patches to help me quit smoking. "Bout time I say.

I haven't smoked in almost four months. Every time I quit, the patches have been the way I've gone. I've found you have to stay on the stages of each patch longer than they recommend, however. But that's just me. I want to really be free of the urge or temptation. I've felt healthier within a couple days of quitting the things.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 20 Apr 2017, 16:52

The Great Defector wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

I played five hockey games in three days last weekend when it felt like I was pretty much over the cold. It just made it come back with a vengeance.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Apr 2017, 16:53

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Sweating it you usually works, gym or go for a run/skate.

I played five hockey games in three days last weekend when it felt like I was pretty much over the cold. It just made it come back with a vengeance.

I find that technique doesn't work when you get older.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 20 Apr 2017, 17:03

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:

Lemsip? Do youse have that in Canada? :?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Apr 2017, 17:42

One of the problems with LinkedIn is if you want to set up a company page you have to do it as a user. I've set up three company pages and when a designated admin goes away so does the account unless there are other people in marcom who post to it. I asked LinkedIn if there was a way to set up an anonymous or fictitious admin account instead of someone who just happens to be manning it currently.

LinkedIn help desk sent me a stupid link with "Have a nice day!" Sitting in my cubicle, I blurted out "Here's your fucking nice day," and grabbed my crotch. A couple people heard me, I guess.

Return to “Nextdoorland”