MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jimbo » 18 Feb 2021, 00:36

Good one Chuck!

Speaking of crane-type birds, I was out in a park near my house walking along a brook that flows there when I saw these two stately, unafraid white birds standing one-legged in the water; one was gobbling down a salamander. A nature shot if ever there was one except dangling from a reed just on the edge of the image was a discarded medical mask.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 18 Feb 2021, 00:38

Six String wrote:We took a drivemout on the delta today just for a change of scenery. The delta is a great place for a meandering drive. Many bridges to cross, a small four car ferry to get to Grand Island and little towns to drive through and oodles of farmland of vineyards, fruit and nut orchards. At one point I was gazing at the river and I saw what looked like a large bird standing in the middle of the river. Now the Sacramento river is very large so deep and wide and this bird was in the middle to it was incongruous to what I know. As we got closer it was obvious that the large bird (possibly a crane) was riding on a log that was floating down the river. Now the river flows pretty swiftly and the bird was going in the opposite direction so we didn’t have long to enjoy it but it was quite a site to watch a large bird surfing on the river. Part of me wanted to turn around and stop somewhere to video the event but there aren’t a lot of places to pull over easily in that area so thought better of it.

Lovely!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 18 Feb 2021, 17:36

I should add that we drove through Isleton, home of the crawdad festival that used to happen in June until local politics caused a big riff andmit all folded like a pack of cards. It’s a big fishing town as many in the delta are and their local bait and tackle shop is called Masterbaiters. :D
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 18 Feb 2021, 23:44

1. NASA's perseverance mars rover landed safely. (yayyy!)

2. i love the show resident alien.

in other news, my male spawn is lyin on the couch, snoring sooo loud my sister is recording him. she will use this to her advantage... somehow.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 18 Feb 2021, 23:48

Six String wrote:I should add that we drove through Isleton, home of the crawdad festival that used to happen in June until local politics caused a big riff andmit all folded like a pack of cards. It’s a big fishing town as many in the delta are and their local bait and tackle shop is called Masterbaiters. :D

it is to isleton's credit they had a crawdad festival.

it makes me proud. *sniff*

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Feb 2021, 02:30

Someone at my work got in a lift just before the power went out and were found several hours later, somewhat freaked out. It was by chance they were found as nobody was going up there and the fire people couldn't prioritise them as they had car crashes and whatnot to attend to. I can put up with a lot of unpleasantness but I didn't like the sound of that!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 19 Feb 2021, 04:26

kath wrote:
Six String wrote:I should add that we drove through Isleton, home of the crawdad festival that used to happen in June until local politics caused a big riff andmit all folded like a pack of cards. It’s a big fishing town as many in the delta are and their local bait and tackle shop is called Masterbaiters. :D

it is to isleton's credit they had a crawdad festival.

it makes me proud. *sniff*

It was a three day affair with zydeco and everything. It was a shame it fell apart after many years. There was a power struggle between the city and a private group and it all fell apart. :cry:

Six String

Postby Six String » 19 Feb 2021, 04:26

Minnie the Minx wrote:Someone at my work got in a lift just before the power went out and were found several hours later, somewhat freaked out. It was by chance they were found as nobody was going up there and the fire people couldn't prioritise them as they had car crashes and whatnot to attend to. I can put up with a lot of unpleasantness but I didn't like the sound of that!

What a horrible situation.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 19 Feb 2021, 07:35

Six String wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:Someone at my work got in a lift just before the power went out and were found several hours later, somewhat freaked out. It was by chance they were found as nobody was going up there and the fire people couldn't prioritise them as they had car crashes and whatnot to attend to. I can put up with a lot of unpleasantness but I didn't like the sound of that!

What a horrible situation.

A friend of mine went into work on a Saturday to finish off an emergency job, and had to wait till the Monday before they found him stuck between the floors. Luckily, he had taken some lunch with him, including a pack of Phileas Fogg snacks. They come/came in particularly robust silver foil bags, so he was able to stand it up and piss in it.
By the time I saw him, he could see the funny side of it but it really sent the shivers through me.
Bugger off.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 19 Feb 2021, 07:36

kath wrote:
in other news, my male spawn is lyin on the couch, snoring sooo loud my sister is recording him. she will use this to her advantage... somehow.

I recorded my wife snoring the roof off and it did NOT work to my advantage. I think she's still pissed off with me for that.
Bugger off.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 24 Feb 2021, 16:19

Currently sitting outside the vets. While David takes his new kitten in for her jabs and to get microchipped. We got her for his 30th birthday. I can't believe he's 30, it doesn't seem that long since he was at school.

Ellie Artemus is the ball of fluffs name, she weighs at least 3 marshmallows.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Feb 2021, 16:25

:D

Dr Markus wrote:

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 24 Feb 2021, 16:31

Minnie the Minx wrote::D

check your messenger

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Feb 2021, 16:38

Oh my GOD that’s a cute kitty :D

Dr Markus wrote:

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 24 Feb 2021, 17:49

Back home, too wee to be chipped yet. Ellie weighed in at a big 500grams.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Feb 2021, 17:46

I've stopped buying shampoo in plastic bottles and instead buy solid block hair shampoos and conditioners. The conditioner needs to be left on your hair for a couple of minutes before you rinse it out, and I often forget because I'm too inpatient to wait that long. This morning was one such morning. This morning I also had an idea to wear lots of eyeshadow that I haven't had call to for ages, and left the house with Joan Jett eyes. I just went to the bog and looked up at the mirror with my mask on- all my eyeshadow had smeared everywhere and the conditioner was matting all my hair against my face. I look like a well- fed heroin addict. No wonder people were fucking staring.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 26 Feb 2021, 23:38

Minnie the Minx wrote:I've stopped buying shampoo in plastic bottles and instead buy solid block hair shampoos and conditioners. The conditioner needs to be left on your hair for a couple of minutes before you rinse it out, and I often forget because I'm too inpatient to wait that long. This morning was one such morning. This morning I also had an idea to wear lots of eyeshadow that I haven't had call to for ages, and left the house with Joan Jett eyes. I just went to the bog and looked up at the mirror with my mask on- all my eyeshadow had smeared everywhere and the conditioner was matting all my hair against my face. I look like a well- fed heroin addict. No wonder people were fucking staring.

Pictures or it didn’t happen. ;) :)

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Mar 2021, 18:59

I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday to order a book and at the entry they had slashed price books including ‘adult colouring books’ - blissful scenes and birds of the world. I have looked on with some incredulity at grown arse adults colouring but as I flipped through the pages I was drawn to the idea of giving this Guinea Fowl some crazy violet plumage. I bought it. I took it to the register as if it were gerbil erotica. ‘Oh I love doing this’ the lady said as she cashed up. ‘It’s got REALLY popular the last few months.’

I lost my shame then. I’m gonna colour the shit out of those worldly birds!

Dr Markus wrote:

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 02 Mar 2021, 22:15

Minnie the Minx wrote:I’m gonna colour the shit out of those worldly birds!

*(mental image of Minnie drawing colorful little bird droppings under their asses)*

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Mar 2021, 23:11

I feel so seen!

Dr Markus wrote: