MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Positive Passion

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Positive Passion » 18 Jul 2020, 07:09

So the kids have finished school in the weirdest year yet. We still have a couple of days hnding over and tidying up, but no stress. I am absolutely exhausted. At least this summer I have few concerns about the next school year, unlike the last three summers. I should manage to recover. Hard to believe I have been a teacher for 3 years now.

Flower

Postby Flower » 20 Jul 2020, 20:42

This afternoon I saw a delivery person slide a large heavy box on t my front porch. Since we aren't expecting any packages and have had many wrong deliveries in the past due to the fact that we live on XYZ Terrace. There is a XYZ Road a couple of blocks to the West which runs perpendicular us. We often get mail and deliveries for XYZ Road, so I always check the label before bringing anything into the house. This package was for someone down our block. Luckily, I caught the delivery guy in time and he thanked me by offering me a coupon for a "Free Box" from Hello Fresh which I accepted. Now, I have to figure out what I want to order. :D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 25 Jul 2020, 15:24

There was an emergency evacuation of my flats this morning for what ultimately turned out not to be a WW2 UXB so we were allowed back home after about an hour.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jul 2020, 09:11

So I'm at my gym, masked of course, fast walking on the treadmill when I happened to look over my shoulder and see an instructor showing a new client, a be-masked normal looking young man, how to use the cycling machine. Nothing unusual there at all but then, when I happened to look again some minutes later, there, beside the cycling machine was the same young man on his knees staring at a Domino's large sized puddle of vomit. As I was looking, concerned of course and hoping an instructor would come to the rescue, the guy vomited again. Some of you will be pleased to hear he was a real trouper and did not remove his mask. Through and around the mask came the vomit. Not that he could have choked or anything. Some moments later a couple of staffers came to assist and clean up. The guy seemed to recover a bit and did, sad to say, take off his mask.
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 27 Jul 2020, 18:15

Samoan wrote:There was an emergency evacuation of my flats this morning for what ultimately turned out not to be a WW2 UXB so we were allowed back home after about an hour.

News Update - Apparently a bloke in the house across the road, driven to distraction for a reason - noise from either fellow housemates or immediate neighbours apparently - alleged he'd thrown a hand grenade onto a stretch of lawn at the end of my block of flats. He hadn't, but the emergency services duly followed all procedures.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Flower

Postby Flower » 29 Jul 2020, 00:09

I saw a fuzzy yellow caterpillar in my front garden. :D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 29 Jul 2020, 00:17

Samoan wrote:
Samoan wrote:There was an emergency evacuation of my flats this morning for what ultimately turned out not to be a WW2 UXB so we were allowed back home after about an hour.

News Update - Apparently a bloke in the house across the road, driven to distraction for a reason - noise from either fellow housemates or immediate neighbours apparently - alleged he'd thrown a hand grenade onto a stretch of lawn at the end of my block of flats. He hadn't, but the emergency services duly followed all procedures.

This reminds me. I've done a lot of dumb shit in my life but me and a pal setting off a white phosphorus military grade flare into the sky in the middle of a city might be the dumbest thing ever. Had it hit a dry roof or something else we could have set Seattle on fire. :oops:

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 Aug 2020, 22:41

Last night Rebecca and I were on our post prandial walk in the park across the street and we suddenly heard a bunch of women (ok 5) yell out my name.
They were friends/acquaintances from the cider tasting room and had just finished a yoga class outdoors. I haven’t seen them since March so a very pleasant surprise and as the class was over we stopped and talked, social distancing of course. I felt like a rock star getting called out like that. Turns out it was the teacher’s first class in months and she was trying the outdoors environment to get things going again.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 07 Aug 2020, 13:13

Good stuff Les. Plus 'prandial" is a new one on me. :)
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Aug 2020, 11:46

Pool Walking by Jimbo-tendo (Could easily have been a shitty low grade early video game.)

The pool's far left lane is the dedicated walking lane. The object is to walk through the water as fast as you can while both the right and left side of the walking lane are occupied with other walkers of various speeds, gaits and degrees of old age. The left side goes one way and the right the other. The main rule is that you may not pass a slow walker. To keep up your speed you can reverse lane sides and walk in the opposite direction to gain some space. You will soon however meet up with a slow walker and need to reverse again. But then you get a bonus! A clear lane where you can stride through the water like a water strider. But then oops. An old lady just entered the lane and you will need to reverse to avoid bumping into her.

START!