MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 May 2020, 23:16

I put on heels for work, and then tried to drive in them, something I haven’t done since about mid March. What a debacle!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 21 May 2020, 04:42

Minnie the Minx wrote:I put on heels for work, and then tried to drive in them, something I haven’t done since about mid March. What a debacle!

Pics at 11?

:) :oops: :)
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 May 2020, 15:59

Believe me when I tell you that ploughing into joggers while shrieking ‘sorry sorry sorry’ is not anything you need to see!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 21 May 2020, 18:09

Minnie the Minx wrote:Believe me when I tell you that ploughing into joggers while shrieking ‘sorry sorry sorry’ is not anything you need to see!

Heels and joggers???!! It looks like it’s pretty bad in Texas.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 21 May 2020, 20:46

Jumper K wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:Believe me when I tell you that ploughing into joggers while shrieking ‘sorry sorry sorry’ is not anything you need to see!

Heels and joggers???!! It looks like it’s pretty bad in Texas.

One can only imagine. :lol:
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 22 May 2020, 10:59

Hello Norm!

Sorry gang, I didn't lose interest... It all just went a bit mad here. As some of you know already, Mummy fell and broke her leg. And now she's in hospital, very confused and not doing too well.

The hospital was pushing for a nursing home but obviously that isn't going to happen so we've bartered with the hospital that she can come home (to Ethna's house) if they give us a full care package (2 workers, 4 times a day) & all the equipment. They agreed so that's where we are now. She can't stay in there much longer.
Bleep wrote:I agree with Beebsy

Copehead wrote:Small but beautifully formed Irish contingent

Flower

Postby Flower » 22 May 2020, 12:18

Best wishes Beebsy. I hope that your mom is one hundred percent soon.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 22 May 2020, 15:37

Beebsy wrote:Hello Norm!

Sorry gang, I didn't lose interest... It all just went a bit mad here. As some of you know already, Mummy fell and broke her leg. And now she's in hospital, very confused and not doing too well.

The hospital was pushing for a nursing home but obviously that isn't going to happen so we've bartered with the hospital that she can come home (to Ethna's house) if they give us a full care package (2 workers, 4 times a day) & all the equipment. They agreed so that's where we are now. She can't stay in there much longer.

Ahhh Beebs, not a pleasant situation, that's for sure. Are you able to visit her while she's n hospital? Here, it's an extremely difficult to achieve these days. Your relative basically needs to be on his/her last breaths before they will let you in, fully garbed of course.

Take care dear. Sending you and yours my best wishes that all works out for the best.

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 May 2020, 00:14

Listening to the John and Mary Show while Rebecca makes beef pasties. Her baking skills are pretty great so I'm looking forward to dinner.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 31 May 2020, 18:05

This could have gone on quite a few threads here, but this is random enough to belong here methinks.

So, I am a complete idiot. Yesterday at the grocery store, I passed by the cart or two that the store is liquidating because, usually, they have a small amount left and will not be replaced. These things usually sell for ridiculously low prices, but I rarely pick anything up from them (not much of an impulse shopper I guess).

But yesterday, there was a cart full of 200g boxes of truffles that usually go for about C$5, marked down to C$1.25. Best before date June 2021! I love truffles. Who doesn't? So, the idiot, ahem me, picked up ONE box. ONE!!! I had almost nothing to carry for the one block from the store to home. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?!?! Idjit.

Six String

Postby Six String » 31 May 2020, 21:54

We've had some protesting going on in town like many other cities across the U.S. with some violence but nothing like Minneapolis. Friday night Rebecca and I heard a helicopter overhead late in the evening as we lay in bed. There were no instructions or requests being shouted via bullhorn as one might expect from a police copter but we learned the next morning it had been a news helicopter covering the protest and they had stopped on an overpass of a highway that was about three blocks from the house. It was generally peaceful though and it eventually dispersed in the early morning hours.