MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Hightea

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Hightea » 10 Feb 2020, 19:16

Flower wrote:

YAY on the first point. A big BOO on the second. I hope that the photographer is safe and can stay safe.

we are getting up dates but not looking good bad people are looking for him in Yemen. Luckily lots are working to get him back.

Six String

Postby Six String » 12 Feb 2020, 00:24

Awful news Hightea. Amother reason to hate the Trumpster Dumpster. :twisted:

Flower

Postby Flower » 13 Feb 2020, 11:31

Thinking about this poor photographer .. sending prayers for his safety and for others in this type of situation. So sad. :(
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Six String

Postby Six String » 16 Feb 2020, 18:16

An unplanned jam session last night worked out really well. It started with just me and a friend in the space at Two Rivers Cider where we have a piano at our disposal. I brought a new Alejandro Escovedo song (It's About This Love) I have been working on by myself and Jeff played piano instead of guitar or banjo and it worked beautifully. His solo almost made me cry. Another friend showed up later and we knocked out some more good tunes.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 20 Feb 2020, 02:28

Someone got murdered in the apartment complex I live in last night. Me and my girlfriend didn't even know anything was amiss until she noticed a police car parked outside.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Flower

Postby Flower » 20 Feb 2020, 11:55

pcqgod wrote:Someone got murdered in the apartment complex I live in last night. Me and my girlfriend didn't even know anything was amiss until she noticed a police car parked outside.

Scary! I hope that you guys are okay.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 20 Feb 2020, 12:24

The city recycling center is just a few steps from my house and many years ago I bought from them a used trouser presser, a device which presses your trousers over night so they look sharp in the morning. I've used it maybe four times over the years and my wife has bugged me a number of times to get rid of the thing. Tonight she suggested I bring it back to the recycling center tomorrow and me expecting some kind of hassle counter suggested that I bring it back right now, 9PM, and just leave it on the steps and run away. Good citizen that my wife is worried I'd be video taped so, "No." Nonetheless, at this moment, she is at her yoga class so 15 minutes ago I put on my hoodie, grabbed the presser plus this collapsible plastic picnic table we've been trying to unload and I sneaked off to the center to give stuff, not steal stuff. I think the cameras missed me. Wonder what she'll say when she comes home in an hour. Any bets she'll make me go back and bring the stuff home?
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 20 Feb 2020, 13:27

Very early morning shoppers at Sainsburys included a workman buying 3 cans of Red Bull and 2 packs of prawn and mayo sandwiches who was absolutely covered head to toe in mud and sand (as though he'd climbed out of some deep excavation pit) and was trailing it right through the store seemingly oblivious.

There was also this lovely auld Irish fella in front of me, who smelt a little of the grog, buying a solitary pomegranate who regaled me with it's health benefits in lowering blood pressure.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Feb 2020, 00:16

Jimbo wrote: Any bets she'll make me go back and bring the stuff home?

Oh, do I know my wife.

Home from yoga, she got angry when I proudly told her how I got rid of the unwanted stuff and she told me to go back right now and get it. I said no. There was no one there. No one saw me. I was wearing a hoodie. ( :lol: Making myself laugh.) So she said she would get it herself and I thought she had. I thought I heard the front door slam. But no. Turns out she went to sleep. Fast forward to this morning, about 2 hours ago, and I made some delicious coffee and brought her a cup. She said no, she didn't want it and then she left for work without her usual goodbye. That's when I put on my jeans and hoodie and went back to the not-yet-open recycling center and luckily the things were where I dropped them and they're back home again and cluttering. Oh, there will be some residual anger but it'll pass. If I hadn't brought the shit back home I'm sure she'd haunt me to my grave with this. Wives. :roll:
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 21 Feb 2020, 03:26

Flower wrote:
pcqgod wrote:Someone got murdered in the apartment complex I live in last night. Me and my girlfriend didn't even know anything was amiss until she noticed a police car parked outside.

Scary! I hope that you guys are okay.

We're fine, thanks. It was a sixteen year old kid who shot two other young men, killing one and seriously injuring the other. Police believe he fled to the apartment complex's office, where my girlfriend had been minutes earlier. If she had timed it differently, she could have been face to face with a desperate, fleeing shooter. That's the part that terrifies me.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Flower

Postby Flower » 21 Feb 2020, 10:57

So glad that you guys are safe. Life is a matter of timing, both good and bad.

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Feb 2020, 23:35

I've been wanting to talk to my neighbor across the street for a while now about her kumquat tree in the front yard. She doesn't seem to eat them so they fall on the ground and it's a shame. I finally was able to get permission to pick them today. They are at peak season now and they are delicious.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Feb 2020, 23:53

Forage, Les!

It’s Estonian Independence Day and I’m drinking Viru Valge on an empty stomach. I’m cooking some veggie sausages that look like Satan’s many cocks and have a gallon of sauerkraut. I’m hoping to lie on the lawn later waving at the Estonian flag having its yearly outing. I suppose I could look at the hangover thread now, to save time, like
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Feb 2020, 23:58

I wish y’all could see my sausages!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 25 Feb 2020, 03:28

Minnie the Minx wrote: It’s Estonian Independence Day

I'd be rad if you lost the "es" and just called yourselves "Stonians", man.

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 Feb 2020, 05:13

Minnie the Minx wrote:I wish y’all could see my sausages!

Pictures or it didn't happen!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Feb 2020, 17:18

I'm in a battle of wits with one of our garden squirrels, which one day I found in my greenhouse in the container which carries the birdseed. I pulled the lid off, and there he/she was - and off he bounded out back through a slightly unhinged window pane. I taped the window shut, and on return the next day, he had ripped it down and got in again. Then I put a big paving slab up against the window, and the next day this was on the floor and another two inches of birdseed had gone. Either squirrel is driving a small tow truck that he uses to remove obstacles, or he is enlisting the help of one of the raccoons that I keep seeing lolloping around the garden at night. The irony is, these squirrels get so much fucking food put out by me every day, it's a mystery to me why they have to go after a new stock, unless that's the squirrel's "thing." If he just asked, I'd set a bloody table for him and everything. What a weirdo.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Feb 2020, 17:19

Six String wrote:

Oh it happened. :oops:

Dr Markus wrote:

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Feb 2020, 17:45

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Six String wrote:

Oh it happened. :oops:

:shock:
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Feb 2020, 17:49

I think I owe y'all an Isabelita update. She definitely had pneumonia and when it didn't go away, the second doctor misdiagnosed it as croup. FFS.

So, her pulmonologist said basically, "screw this let's pump this kid full of tons of antibiotics" and that's what we did and it worked! She's cough-free, happy as a clam, and seems to have grown wildly while she was sick. It's weird but she's bigger and behaving herself better than ever.

Scary month, but (God willing) we're through it.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D