MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 26 Nov 2019, 17:59

Minnie the Minx wrote:Had a very weird experience at the Rufus Wainwright show in Austin last night. We were sat in the orchestra seats, with me right next to the aisle. To my left and two rows further down was this guy - I would say in his late sixties early seventies - and a woman about the same age. They both looked fairly standard show attenders, sort of wearing smart casual (him, turtleneck and cowboy boots her, grey bob and shoulder shawl, you know). The support band came on - they were really good actually - and I was watching these two as the man kept lifting up his finger to summon an usher. Whenever the usher went over, he would talk to them in their ear while pointing at various people in the orchestra pit - after every one of these conversations, the usher would go over to whoever he pointed at and tell them to stop filming/taking photos. The tickets had said strictly no photos and filming but the fucking hell did it have to do with him? People were filming without their phones being lit up so it wasn't distracting - this happened SIX times during their 35 minute set. Six! And it wasn't even as if whenever it happened, he turned to his lady friend and said "people eh" - he just kept staring forward at the stage as if he had ordered an execution but was now just going to have a snifter of port while it all went down.

I was fascinated by the dynamics of whatever was going on and just before the end of the first set, he summoned another usher to tell the people two rows behind him to be quiet (which is fair enough - but I was astonished that he didn't try telling them himself first, which seems the more friendly approach. Still, I had worked out his MO by this point so I wasn't terribly surprised.

But the really, really bizarre thing was this. When Rufus came on, there was a woman sat in front of this guy who was filming and taking photos almost throughout his whole set. I worked out that he probably couldn't see this as her body shielded it. However, Rufus then left the piano and went to play guitar so she changed her angle. What followed was extraordinary. You know in spy films or whatever when you see someone creeping up on someone with weapon in their hand and they say "don't move" or "drop it"or something. Well, this guy leaned forward and just whispered in this woman's ear and without looking down or round she just dropped her phone in her lap and folded her hands neatly across her lap. He leaned back and didn't move for the rest of the show except when he stood to applaud. What the hell did he say to her?? What could possibly be in his arsenal to shit her up so badly?

It was freaky as fuck!

Somehow I missed this post until now. That is pretty crazy though I hear about people attending concerts where people hold up phones throughout the show which is annoying as fuck. Fortunately I don't attend shows where that happens much. At the recent David Hidalgo show, which was superb, I only saw two people in my vicinity that pulled them out and one took a single photo and another recorded about thirty seconds worth of video and stopped.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 26 Nov 2019, 18:19

Someone with obvious mental problems has been dumping buckets of fecal matter over unsuspecting students at Toronto universities, usually in their libraries. There has just been a third victim. It's totally fucked up.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Nov 2019, 18:48

Yeah, that's really shitty.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 26 Nov 2019, 19:15

harvey k-tel wrote:Someone with obvious mental problems has been dumping buckets of fecal matter over unsuspecting students at Toronto universities, usually in their libraries. There has just been a third victim. It's totally fucked up.

Surely this is the university's Medic Society initiation.

Six String

Postby Six String » 26 Nov 2019, 22:52

I was sitting at my dining room table eating lunch and I heard sme rapid beeps comes ng from somewhere. It sounded like the survey meters I used at work to detect the presence of radiation so I was wondering wtf? It turns out it was my kitchen timer doing some freaky thing on its own. I just replaced the battery a few weeks ago so it shouldn't be that. :? It seems to have changed from clock to timer on its own. Weird.

Six String

Postby Six String » 27 Nov 2019, 05:58

I went to my usual cider tasting room near my house tonight to dj and they lost power when I arrived. It was also a cribbage tournament and people persevered with iPhone lights and someone did play some Traffic on their iPhone but I was missing something and someone mentioned having a mandolin in their car so I drove home with my records and brought back two acoustic guitars as we had two more guitarists in house. We played music for people and at some point the lights came back on but we continued. It was a great impromtu performance, something I live for these days. In this time when shit is so fucked up it is a privilege to bring joy to people's hearts with such a simple jester. I'm starting to realise that this stuff doesn't happen unless people commit and I want to be one of those people who commit to making something happen.
Last edited by Six String on 27 Nov 2019, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 27 Nov 2019, 12:55

Six String wrote:I went to my usual cider tasting room near my house tonight to dj and they lost power when I arrived. It was also a cribbage tournament and people persevered with iPhone lights and someone did play some Traffic on their iPhone but I was missing something and someone mentioned having a mandolin in their car so I drove home with my records and brought back two acoustic guitard as we had two more guitarists in house. We played music for people and at some point the lights came back on but we continued. It was a great impromtu performance, something I live for these days. In this time when shit is so fucked up it is a privilege to bring joy to people's hearts with such a simple jester. I'm starting to realise that this stuff doesn't happen unless people commit and I want to be one of those people who commit to making something happen.

:)
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower

Postby Flower » 27 Nov 2019, 18:12

RAIN!!!! And more rain. :(
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Flower

Postby Flower » 28 Nov 2019, 12:01

A saw my friend Johnny on his way to work this morning. I hadn't seen Johnny for a couple of weeks and wondered if he had moved. It was a short pleasant exchange but a nice way to start a busy day.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Nov 2019, 16:33

Baron cooked up a veggie feast yesterday and tonight I'm looking forward to crafting some bubble and squeak from the leftovers.
I might lay off the sherry today though, my piss smells like Madrid.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 29 Nov 2019, 20:26

:lol:

Flower

Postby Flower » 29 Nov 2019, 20:57

I managed to avoid all things BLACK FRIDAY. .. A major feat to be sure .. :lol:

Flower

Postby Flower » 02 Dec 2019, 11:47

Shoveled out the front of the house. I still need to shovel out the garage and help my 92 year old neighbor on the corner. I've learnt to hate snow.

Six String

Postby Six String » 04 Dec 2019, 06:40

Totally roasted tonght, just sayin'. A few ciders and now some amazing Mendocino Herb and I'm settled in for the night. Listening to Chris Hillman and Herb Pederson singing "Wheels" and I'm thnking I can do that.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Dec 2019, 13:58

Six String wrote:Totally roasted tonght, just sayin'. A few ciders and now some amazing Mendocino Herb and I'm settled in for the night. Listening to Chris Hillman and Herb Pederson singing "Wheels" and I'm thnking I can do that.

:D

I discovered a very nice Sauvignon Blanc last night - went well with a pretty great beet burger and fennel and apple slaw!

Dr Markus wrote:

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 04 Dec 2019, 14:34

Going down from the train platform on a rush hour escalator was a lady, a blind lady and then me. At the top I noticed the lady had placed the blind lady's hand on the moving hand rail to let her know her position and the blind lady did fine going down. But as we were approaching the bottom I was a little worried she wouldn't know it was the end of the ride and so just as the moving stairs flattened out I instinctively placed my hand on the blind lady's back to "spot" her, you know. She stepped off just fine and the two went and got lost in the crowd and I was left wondering if it was okay to have touched a stranger's back.
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Six String

Postby Six String » 04 Dec 2019, 16:47

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Six String wrote:Totally roasted tonght, just sayin'. A few ciders and now some amazing Mendocino Herb and I'm settled in for the night. Listening to Chris Hillman and Herb Pederson singing "Wheels" and I'm thnking I can do that.

:D

I discovered a very nice Sauvignon Blanc last night - went well with a pretty great beet burger and fennel and apple slaw!

I would try a beet burger but I'm trying to imagine what it tastes like and failing. I'm assuming it doesn't taste like a beet. The fennel/apple slaw I would inhale without a thought. I like fennel with orange a lot.

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 Dec 2019, 06:51

I have four musical friends who get together with me every week after Trivia at my local cider tasting room and we've been playing together since the warmer months so we're starting to jell. We usually don't have everyone together at once but we are able to carry on with an absence or two. Tonight was particularly good with two guitars and banjo/harmonica. It's helped and inspired me to play more and more. I feel so alive when I play. There's nothing like it.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 06 Dec 2019, 07:20

Speaking of passive aggressive behavior, I'm at my gym taking a shower and in the shower next to mine is a guy who thinks it's a good time to blow his pipes. And he must have had a barrel-full of goo inside him because the ruckus, the bonus track of noise along with the additional standard bathroom echo just pissed me right off. First came the extended lung hoick. Kwaaak. Kwaaak. Kwaaaaaaaaak. Then the dredging of his nasal passages. Snirl snirl. Snirrrrrrrrllllllll. My god! Then more hoiking and more de-snotting. So, to make the torture stop I had to distract him. What I did was turn my shower temp to cold and I aimed the nozzle up over the barrier between his and my booth. Dunno if my cold water drizzle is what stopped his party but the noise did stop. Then I heard him exit his booth and while passing my booth he gave my door one knock.

He's waiting for me somewhere. :?
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Flower

Postby Flower » 06 Dec 2019, 13:00

Two years ago today ... our friend, Rick, opted for a medically assisted death. He "beat" cancer for 26 years but it returned to beat him but he left on his own terms. :(