MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String
Posts: 20917
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 27 Nov 2019, 05:58

I went to my usual cider tasting room near my house tonight to dj and they lost power when I arrived. It was also a cribbage tournament and people persevered with iPhone lights and someone did play some Traffic on their iPhone but I was missing something and someone mentioned having a mandolin in their car so I drove home with my records and brought back two acoustic guitars as we had two more guitarists in house. We played music for people and at some point the lights came back on but we continued. It was a great impromtu performance, something I live for these days. In this time when shit is so fucked up it is a privilege to bring joy to people's hearts with such a simple jester. I'm starting to realise that this stuff doesn't happen unless people commit and I want to be one of those people who commit to making something happen.
Last edited by Six String on 27 Nov 2019, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31279
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 27 Nov 2019, 12:55

Six String wrote:I went to my usual cider tasting room near my house tonight to dj and they lost power when I arrived. It was also a cribbage tournament and people persevered with iPhone lights and someone did play some Traffic on their iPhone but I was missing something and someone mentioned having a mandolin in their car so I drove home with my records and brought back two acoustic guitard as we had two more guitarists in house. We played music for people and at some point the lights came back on but we continued. It was a great impromtu performance, something I live for these days. In this time when shit is so fucked up it is a privilege to bring joy to people's hearts with such a simple jester. I'm starting to realise that this stuff doesn't happen unless people commit and I want to be one of those people who commit to making something happen.


:)
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 8138
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 27 Nov 2019, 18:12

RAIN!!!! And more rain. :(
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 8138
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 28 Nov 2019, 12:01

A saw my friend Johnny on his way to work this morning. I hadn't seen Johnny for a couple of weeks and wondered if he had moved. It was a short pleasant exchange but a nice way to start a busy day.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31279
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Nov 2019, 16:33

Baron cooked up a veggie feast yesterday and tonight I'm looking forward to crafting some bubble and squeak from the leftovers.
I might lay off the sherry today though, my piss smells like Madrid.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String
Posts: 20917
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 29 Nov 2019, 20:26

:lol:

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 8138
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 29 Nov 2019, 20:57

I managed to avoid all things BLACK FRIDAY. .. A major feat to be sure .. :lol:
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 8138
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 02 Dec 2019, 11:47

Shoveled out the front of the house. I still need to shovel out the garage and help my 92 year old neighbor on the corner. I've learnt to hate snow.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Six String
Posts: 20917
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 04 Dec 2019, 06:40

Totally roasted tonght, just sayin'. A few ciders and now some amazing Mendocino Herb and I'm settled in for the night. Listening to Chris Hillman and Herb Pederson singing "Wheels" and I'm thnking I can do that.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31279
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Dec 2019, 13:58

Six String wrote:Totally roasted tonght, just sayin'. A few ciders and now some amazing Mendocino Herb and I'm settled in for the night. Listening to Chris Hillman and Herb Pederson singing "Wheels" and I'm thnking I can do that.


:D

I discovered a very nice Sauvignon Blanc last night - went well with a pretty great beet burger and fennel and apple slaw!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 17628
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jimbo » 04 Dec 2019, 14:34

Going down from the train platform on a rush hour escalator was a lady, a blind lady and then me. At the top I noticed the lady had placed the blind lady's hand on the moving hand rail to let her know her position and the blind lady did fine going down. But as we were approaching the bottom I was a little worried she wouldn't know it was the end of the ride and so just as the moving stairs flattened out I instinctively placed my hand on the blind lady's back to "spot" her, you know. She stepped off just fine and the two went and got lost in the crowd and I was left wondering if it was okay to have touched a stranger's back.
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Six String
Posts: 20917
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 04 Dec 2019, 16:47

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Six String wrote:Totally roasted tonght, just sayin'. A few ciders and now some amazing Mendocino Herb and I'm settled in for the night. Listening to Chris Hillman and Herb Pederson singing "Wheels" and I'm thnking I can do that.


:D

I discovered a very nice Sauvignon Blanc last night - went well with a pretty great beet burger and fennel and apple slaw!


I would try a beet burger but I'm trying to imagine what it tastes like and failing. I'm assuming it doesn't taste like a beet. The fennel/apple slaw I would inhale without a thought. I like fennel with orange a lot.

Six String
Posts: 20917
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 06 Dec 2019, 06:51

I have four musical friends who get together with me every week after Trivia at my local cider tasting room and we've been playing together since the warmer months so we're starting to jell. We usually don't have everyone together at once but we are able to carry on with an absence or two. Tonight was particularly good with two guitars and banjo/harmonica. It's helped and inspired me to play more and more. I feel so alive when I play. There's nothing like it.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 17628
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jimbo » 06 Dec 2019, 07:20

Speaking of passive aggressive behavior, I'm at my gym taking a shower and in the shower next to mine is a guy who thinks it's a good time to blow his pipes. And he must have had a barrel-full of goo inside him because the ruckus, the bonus track of noise along with the additional standard bathroom echo just pissed me right off. First came the extended lung hoick. Kwaaak. Kwaaak. Kwaaaaaaaaak. Then the dredging of his nasal passages. Snirl snirl. Snirrrrrrrrllllllll. My god! Then more hoiking and more de-snotting. So, to make the torture stop I had to distract him. What I did was turn my shower temp to cold and I aimed the nozzle up over the barrier between his and my booth. Dunno if my cold water drizzle is what stopped his party but the noise did stop. Then I heard him exit his booth and while passing my booth he gave my door one knock.

He's waiting for me somewhere. :?
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 8138
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 06 Dec 2019, 13:00

Two years ago today ... our friend, Rick, opted for a medically assisted death. He "beat" cancer for 26 years but it returned to beat him but he left on his own terms. :(
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Six String
Posts: 20917
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 07 Dec 2019, 20:19

I'm going to make a bean soup today along with some chochoyotes (masa dumplngs) that I saw on a cooking show last week. The dumplings have queso fresco, cilantro and mint mixed into them and then they are cooked in the puréed soup.

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 8138
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 07 Dec 2019, 21:32

Six String wrote:I'm going to make a bean soup today along with some chochoyotes (masa dumplngs) that I saw on a cooking show last week. The dumplings have queso fresco, cilantro and mint mixed into them and then they are cooked in the puréed soup.


I am always super impressed by men who cook. After I left my first husband, I swore that I would only date or marry men who cooked. I stuck with this for a long time but now I'm stuck cooking again. :D

Your wife in a lucky woman. I enjoy reading about your cooking skills and explorations.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Six String
Posts: 20917
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 07 Dec 2019, 22:15

Flower wrote:
Six String wrote:I'm going to make a bean soup today along with some chochoyotes (masa dumplngs) that I saw on a cooking show last week. The dumplings have queso fresco, cilantro and mint mixed into them and then they are cooked in the puréed soup.


I am always super impressed by men who cook. After I left my first husband, I swore that I would only date or marry men who cooked. I stuck with this for a long time but now I'm stuck cooking again. :D

Your wife in a lucky woman. I enjoy reading about your cooking skills and explorations.


I love to cook. I can thank an old gf from forty years ago for setting me on this path. I prefer eating at home to going out for food as it is more relaxing and my body feels better afterwards with less salt, sugar, fat, etc. It's a dark, stormy day so a perfect day to stay indoors and make soup. The mess in the kitchen is always worth it.

Six String
Posts: 20917
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 08 Dec 2019, 03:21

Soup was a success. The cilantro/mint in the dumplings added a brightness to the soup I really liked. A new winter soup recipe I think.

I drank an old red burgundy with it and thought it might be too old for the soup flavors but it complimented them well.

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 8138
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 08 Dec 2019, 12:34

Six String wrote:Soup was a success. The cilantro/mint in the dumplings added a brightness to the soup I really liked. A new winter soup recipe I think.

I drank an old red burgundy with it and thought it might be too old for the soup flavors but it complimented them well.


:D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.