MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
the masked man
Schadenfreude

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby the masked man » 08 Oct 2018, 19:10

Just broke down in tears at a coffee shop. I've had a lot of problems with depression and I thought I was making progress but now I feel at step one again. I see my counsellor again on Friday, but I think I need to use the telephone helpline she's given me tonight.

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 08 Oct 2018, 19:32

the masked man wrote:I see my counsellor again on Friday, but I think I need to use the telephone helpline she's given me tonight.

Please do, mm.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 08 Oct 2018, 20:37

I hope you rang the number mm.

Stay safe.
A kid swapping a fishing rod for a Dr. Feelgood album.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Oct 2018, 21:11

Make the call, MM.

On a different note, we recently started letting our cat out on our apartment deck. We didn't for months, because he crawls up on the roof of the neighboring apartment which juts out and we thought he might fall.

The problem is our complex has tons of cats and she has to look at all the other cats who get free reign of the complex. I feel bad because now she knows what she's missing.

She got out the other week because my son's friend left the front door open and I found her yowling on the ground floor with a mouse in her mouth. She saw me and dropped the mouse and started yowling even more. I think it was a little too much freedom that she knew what to do with.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 08 Oct 2018, 21:36

I feel better now. Today just got on top on me. Sorry if I made you worry.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Oct 2018, 21:50

the masked man wrote:I feel better now. Today just got on top on me. Sorry if I made you worry.

I'm still wondering what kind of coffee you ordered.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Oct 2018, 22:42

I listen to sports talk radio on the way to and from work and they have this commercial for Andro 400, some kind of weight loss/testosterone pill.

One supposed customer says he went from a 48" waist to a 44" waist and he's back to the same weight as his 30s. I'm thinkin', "A 44 waist in your 30s isn't so hot. And going from a 48 to a 44 is skipping a cheeseburger a week at that size."

The other guy says he now walks 12 miles a day using this stuff. Do you know how long it takes to walk 12 miles every day? I hate to tell him, but he can probably lay off the Andro 400 now.

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Oct 2018, 23:03

the masked man wrote:I feel better now. Today just got on top on me. Sorry if I made you worry.

Don't ever feel apologetic about that MM. People care about you and want you to be safe and happy. Holding it in won't fix things. Best of luck and hope you are truly feeling better.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Oct 2018, 23:12

Six String wrote:

Don't ever feel apologetic about that MM. People care about you and want you to be safe and happy. Holding it in won't fix things. Best of luck and hope you are truly feeling better.

What he said.

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Oct 2018, 23:15

Jeemo wrote:Good job Les, keep up the good work

Thanks Jim. It might be the hardest thing I've ever done.

Nick?? Dougie??
funky thigh collector

Postby Nick?? Dougie?? » 08 Oct 2018, 23:40

Six String wrote:I stopped my oxycontin completely three days ago after weaning myself down from 160mg/day to 15 mg/day since March. By Monday I should be over the hump as they say but right now feeling pretty shitty but Rebecca is here with me to keep an eye on me. I won't bother with my symptoms but safe to say it is one of the worse things I've ever felt outside of the neck pain that started this whole mess. The good thing is my neck pain is pretty mild so far so it won't need these drugs anymore. At least for me I'll never let anyone prescribe them to me again. I don't ever want to go through this again.

See you on the other side.

I’m so happy for you Les! This is amazing.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 09 Oct 2018, 00:07

Six String wrote:

Absolutely.
You don't like me...do you?

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 09 Oct 2018, 00:09

Six String wrote:I'm happy to report I got some sleep last night, the first since Wednesday night! It was only an hour or two but when I awoke at 3:50 this morning it felt bizarre to realize I had been unconscious for some time. Nausea is gone and I feel I am over the worse part. This morning I made my favorite green tea and listened to Eno's The Ship, I'm Set Free was particularly poignant. I can't believe how much better I feel this morning. I think I can see the finish line.

Brilliant news Les. I hope your recovery continues apace.
You don't like me...do you?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Oct 2018, 18:33

I'm interviewing for communications manager for a regional transit agency that services 175,000 people a day and over 52 million a year.

Having been in the industry before, I'm doing some prep work for this afternoon's interview by looking at their most recent ridership study.

12 routes in Oakland and Berkeley comprise over 50% of daily riders so I hope to have that little factoid in my bag of tricks when talking to them.

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Oct 2018, 20:02

Nick?? Dougie?? wrote:
Six String wrote:I stopped my oxycontin completely three days ago after weaning myself down from 160mg/day to 15 mg/day since March. By Monday I should be over the hump as they say but right now feeling pretty shitty but Rebecca is here with me to keep an eye on me. I won't bother with my symptoms but safe to say it is one of the worse things I've ever felt outside of the neck pain that started this whole mess. The good thing is my neck pain is pretty mild so far so it won't need these drugs anymore. At least for me I'll never let anyone prescribe them to me again. I don't ever want to go through this again.

See you on the other side.

I’m so happy for you Les! This is amazing.

There were some brutal days. Three hours of sleep total over four days. Last night I finally got 4-5 hrs which is the most at one time for a week so I've been pretty compromised.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 11 Oct 2018, 00:30

Sounds like you are through the worst of it, Les. I hope you have found other ways to manage the pain effectively and can move on.

Six String

Postby Six String » 11 Oct 2018, 15:46

Hugh wrote:Sounds like you are through the worst of it, Les. I hope you have found other ways to manage the pain effectively and can move on.

Thanks. Today I'm feeling pretty normal though I've only been up for 45 minutes. This is day eight so I should be done with most symptoms. Rough road and glad I'm at the end of it.

fange

Postby fange » 11 Oct 2018, 16:46

Really wishing you all the best, Les, and that the road ahead is much easier for ya. Keep swinging mate!
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

fange

Postby fange » 11 Oct 2018, 16:50

And you too, MM. Keep swinging mate, take it day by day and remember there is always someone to talk to.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Oct 2018, 17:17

Man, got a gout flare up last night. Problem is, I can't think of the trigger of anything I ate or drank to cause it. I'm very careful these days.