MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20821
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jeemo » 16 Apr 2018, 16:36

can only sympathize with your situation Yomp. very similar to what we had the last few years.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 63882
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Apr 2018, 16:41

On Friday, my brother called me about some tax forms he should have received from my dad's trusts and annuities. Long story short, my brother referred me to his accountant and he found some major mistakes that H&R Block, my tax preparer, didn't catch. My brother's accountant offered to look at my taxes for possibly amending them and he just emailed me. I'm getting nearly $27,000 back on my amended return. This guy was an accounting professor at a regional university and business dept. head at another, so I trust he knows what he's doing. He chided me for using H&R Block.

He lives in my hometown and I was going that way anyway so I met him at his house, early Saturday morning. I mentioned I didn't recognize any of the businesses on Woodside Rd., a major thoroughfare through the city. I namechecked one of the businesses still there, a donut shop that's been there for years, and he said he had owned that one and a couple others in neighboring towns.

I asked him, as a finance person, why donut shops? He told me that he was doing another donut shop owner's accounting and saw how much money he was making so decided to get into the businesses himself. He said he made a good chunka change on those three donut shops during the years.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Apr 2018, 17:31

I'm currently watching NCAA women's bowling, are you really telling me you can get a full ride if you're good at bowling? :shock:
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 63882
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Apr 2018, 17:57

Dr Markus wrote:I'm currently watching NCAA women's bowling, are you really telling me you can get a full ride if you're good at bowling? :shock:


I saw that was on ESPN this weekend. It must suck when you lose contracts for NBA playoffs and can only show baseball at certain times.

The other thing ESPN was showing was women's college softball.

But, to answer your question. . .

If you are looking to play at the college level, some of the top schools include Wichita State University, University of Nebraska, New Jersey City University, and Vanderbilt University. These schools' bowling programs award scholarships based on talent. As bowling has become more high-visibility and more popular among student athletes, the level of competition has increased for school-funded scholarships. Much of the funding is controlled by organizations like the NCAA, which also means there is a great amount of emphasis placed on not only talent but academic records, as those awarded scholarships must meet certain GPA requirements.

A particularly good resource for bowling scholarships is the USBC, as it is the national governing body of bowling as recognized by the USOC. This organization requires a membership and bowling is a good example of a sport where it would be wise to utilize any connections to local leagues and organizations. If you're good enough to play on your local league's team, chances are you're eligible for a number of scholarships. Most cities, states and regions also have their own bowling associations and scholarship funds earmarked for participants in their groups, or residents of those areas. These local awards often emphasize criteria outside of bowling, including community service, academic achievement and financial need.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Apr 2018, 18:00

I'm too lazy to read all that, so i'm just gonna guess you said "Yes you can, oh graciously brilliant and honorable Mark, sir".
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 63882
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Apr 2018, 23:04

Dr Markus wrote:I'm too lazy to read all that, so i'm just gonna guess you said "Yes you can, oh graciously brilliant and honorable Mark, sir".


You got 1/10th of the response correct.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Apr 2018, 23:12

sloopjohnc wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:I'm too lazy to read all that, so i'm just gonna guess you said "Yes you can, oh graciously brilliant and honorable Mark, sir".


You got 1/10th of the response correct.

The words "lazy to read".
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Minnie Mincepie
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29700
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie Mincepie » 17 Apr 2018, 15:26

We’re in New York at the minute. We just went round the corner for breakfast without realising that Trump tower is a couple of blocks away. There was a guy outside on a bike, in a helmet and everything like he was on his way to work, stood screaming at the top of his voice at the tower and all the bemused cops. ‘You shitshow, we’re gonna vote you out and I am glad I live in a country where I have the right to STAND HERE and call you an ASSHOLE oh yeah you’re all going down’ etc etc. Dressed all nicely for his day at the office. With a quick drive by YELLING. Fantastic stuff.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
hippopotamus
Posts: 947
Joined: 22 Dec 2015, 11:00

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby hippopotamus » 18 Apr 2018, 10:05

Minnie the Minx wrote:We’re in New York at the minute. We just went round the corner for breakfast without realising that Trump tower is a couple of blocks away. There was a guy outside on a bike, in a helmet and everything like he was on his way to work, stood screaming at the top of his voice at the tower and all the bemused cops. ‘You shitshow, we’re gonna vote you out and I am glad I live in a country where I have the right to STAND HERE and call you an ASSHOLE oh yeah you’re all going down’ etc etc. Dressed all nicely for his day at the office. With a quick drive by YELLING. Fantastic stuff.


I love that. We could all be a little more New York.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?


Indeed, what is point?

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 63882
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Apr 2018, 21:18

hippopotamus wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:We’re in New York at the minute. We just went round the corner for breakfast without realising that Trump tower is a couple of blocks away. There was a guy outside on a bike, in a helmet and everything like he was on his way to work, stood screaming at the top of his voice at the tower and all the bemused cops. ‘You shitshow, we’re gonna vote you out and I am glad I live in a country where I have the right to STAND HERE and call you an ASSHOLE oh yeah you’re all going down’ etc etc. Dressed all nicely for his day at the office. With a quick drive by YELLING. Fantastic stuff.


I love that. We could all be a little more New York.


Or less.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 63882
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Apr 2018, 21:30

Jane Wiedlin of the Go Go's viewed my profile on match.com. I guess she lives in Oakland these days. That's what it said anyway.
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 18 Apr 2018, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

User avatar
Minnie Mincepie
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29700
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie Mincepie » 18 Apr 2018, 21:38

hippopotamus wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:We’re in New York at the minute. We just went round the corner for breakfast without realising that Trump tower is a couple of blocks away. There was a guy outside on a bike, in a helmet and everything like he was on his way to work, stood screaming at the top of his voice at the tower and all the bemused cops. ‘You shitshow, we’re gonna vote you out and I am glad I live in a country where I have the right to STAND HERE and call you an ASSHOLE oh yeah you’re all going down’ etc etc. Dressed all nicely for his day at the office. With a quick drive by YELLING. Fantastic stuff.


I love that. We could all be a little more New York.


I agree. It was quite a sight! I hope he stops off to do it every day.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 38640
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Count Machuki » 18 Apr 2018, 21:49

sloopjohnc wrote:Jane Wiedlin of the Go Go's viewed my profile on match.com. I guess she lives in Oakland these days. That's what it said anyway.


And here you are telling all the world about it! I guess your lips aren't sealed.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
NMB
Posts: 4716
Joined: 22 Jun 2005, 20:46
Location: Darkest Surrey

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby NMB » 18 Apr 2018, 22:00

sloopjohnc wrote:Jane Wiedlin of the Go Go's viewed my profile on match.com. I guess she lives in Oakland these days. That's what it said anyway.


How do you know it was that Jane Wiedlin ? Does her profile say “of the Go Go’s” ?

If she didn’t contact you I assume she just thought “out of my league”. Or “nah, sleeveless t-shirt”.
turn on, tune in, nod off

User avatar
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 17040
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: down the rabbit hole

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby clive gash » 18 Apr 2018, 22:01

Her eyes must be sealed LOL
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?


User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 63882
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Apr 2018, 22:10

NMB wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Jane Wiedlin of the Go Go's viewed my profile on match.com. I guess she lives in Oakland these days. That's what it said anyway.


How do you know it was that Jane Wiedlin ? Does her profile say “of the Go Go’s” ?

If she didn’t contact you I assume she just thought “out of my league”. Or “nah, sleeveless t-shirt”.


She has a photo of herself now and a bunch of pics when she was younger. She lists herself as professional musician.

I would bet that I'm a little too square.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 63882
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Apr 2018, 22:11

nev gash wrote:Her eyes must be sealed LOL


Oh, my ribs hurt so much.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 63882
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Apr 2018, 22:12

Count Machuki wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Jane Wiedlin of the Go Go's viewed my profile on match.com. I guess she lives in Oakland these days. That's what it said anyway.


And here you are telling all the world about it! I guess your lips aren't sealed.


Everyone has screen names, like here.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

User avatar
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 17040
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: down the rabbit hole

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby clive gash » 18 Apr 2018, 22:17

The No-Go’s
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?


User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 63882
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Apr 2018, 22:37

nev gash wrote:The No-Go’s


:lol:

Pretty much. . .
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!