MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Belle Lettre » 10 Nov 2017, 19:38

"This for the match " x
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 10 Nov 2017, 22:24

I have to fly to Denver tomorrow with a stop in Vegas to supervise booth setup on Sunday. Today, my boss emails me and tells me we need HDMI cable and screws for video monitors.I spent half the day looking for them. I leave Tuesday. Guess what he's doing today and this weekend while I work?

Golfing.

Dickhead.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 11 Nov 2017, 10:03

fingers crossed, many a slip, don't tempt fate, etc, but her Thanginess and I have just had an offer accepted on a house.
You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 11 Nov 2017, 10:54

Rayge wrote:fingers crossed, many a slip, don't tempt fate, etc, but her Thanginess and I have just had an offer accepted on a house.

500 years old, so it's not exactly new.

*chuffed*

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 12 Nov 2017, 13:54

Rayge wrote:fingers crossed, many a slip, don't tempt fate, etc, but her Thanginess and I have just had an offer accepted on a house.

I hope it goes through. Is it near where you are now?
You don't like me...do you?

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 12 Nov 2017, 13:57

yomptepi wrote:

It's in the same village: we would be moving from the most southerly old house to the most northerly one. Maybe half a mile by road.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

fange

Postby fange » 12 Nov 2017, 13:58

Rayge wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

It's in the same village: we would be moving from the most southerly old house to the most northerly one. Maybe half a mile by road.

Better apply for that passport! Good luck, hope it all works out.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 13 Nov 2017, 10:30

Bres of luck Rayge and Thang-y!!

I trust it is bigger and has a bigger garden...?
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 13 Nov 2017, 10:55

500 years...
Hope the plumbing doesn't creak too hard late at night.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 13 Nov 2017, 12:31

Neige wrote:Bres of luck Rayge and Thang-y!!

Thank you Felix. In fact it is roughly the same size in square footage, although arranged very differently, and the garden is about 1/3 of what there is here, but it's a chance to start over in a good spot and to leave behind/run away from some of the problems I have in this house.
never/ever wrote:500 years...
Hope the plumbing doesn't creak too hard late at night.

Well the plumbing isn't 500 years old, unless you count 100 foot deep well in the entrance hall, which probably doesn't make a sound. But I'm sure that a house built mostly of cob, stone and timber is going to make some kind of noise

I'm trying not to get excited about it, as it may fall through – these things happen – and there's a lot to do, but we're both looking forward to something truly ours.

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 13 Nov 2017, 14:40

Rayge wrote:
Neige wrote:Best of luck Rayge and Thang-y!!

Thank you Felix. In fact it is roughly the same size in square footage, although arranged very differently, and the garden is about 1/3 of what there is here, but it's a chance to start over in a good spot and to leave behind/run away from some of the problems I have in this house.

Makes sense.. and it's certainly more sensible to start from scratch together in a new space than to try and make room for the other in one's own. :)
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 13 Nov 2017, 14:49

Thank you guys :)

There will always be issues in a house like that but we're aware of that. Trying not to get too excited but it has bags of character, two working fireplaces and I'll have my own studio and workshop. I might *cough* keep the little pond to grow watercress in season (he doesn't know about that yet .. maybe he can have the space) and there's a mature fig tree ..

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 13 Nov 2017, 15:17

Thang-y wrote: I might *cough* keep the little pond to grow watercress in season (he doesn't know about that yet)

erm...

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Nov 2017, 22:53

Rayge wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

Housing prices in northern part of village are depreciating even as I type.

On the bright side, housing on the southern side of the village is doubling in value.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 17 Nov 2017, 16:05

One of the referees from my hockey league was stabbed to death a couple days ago! Not, I should add, at one of our games, but during some sort of altercation on the street in the middle of the day. I'm going to ask my team to observe a moment of silence before our game tomorrow night.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 17 Nov 2017, 16:07

Harvey K-Tel wrote:One of the referees from my hockey league was stabbed to death a couple days ago! Not, I should add, at one of our games, but during some sort of altercation on the street in the middle of the day. I'm going to ask my team to observe a moment of silence before our game tomorrow night.

:( :(
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » Yesterday, 15:01

One of my oldest, dearest punko days friends died last night. If any of you have a mind to later, do raise a glass of something and put some Hawkwind on in her honour. She was an incredible person and I like the idea of lots of people raising glasses to her. If you've got cider all the better.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » Yesterday, 16:02

Minnie the Minx wrote:One of my oldest, dearest punko days friends died last night. If any of you have a mind to later, do raise a glass of something and put some Hawkwind on in her honour. She was an incredible person and I like the idea of lots of people raising glasses to her. If you've got cider all the better.

Sorry to hear that. I'll listen to Hawkwind when I go running.

There's a special part of hell for people like this: A woman shot protecting her children in a recent mass shooting in Tehama was bleeding from four shots when a woman drove by and slowed. The woman who was shot told the passerby what happened, her kids were in the car and she was bleeding to death. The passerby told the shot woman that her car was only a two seater and she was late for work so couldn't help.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » Yesterday, 18:40

sorry to hear about your pal Anna. will raise a glass later at our David's bands gig tonight in Glasgow.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » Yesterday, 18:46

Jeemo wrote:sorry to hear about your pal Anna. will raise a glass later at our David's bands gig tonight in Glasgow.

Yeah!!
She was called Sharon - so you have a name to say :) x
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?