Health.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Select one that appears true to you

1. A healthy mind leads to a healthy body.
11%
2. A healthy body leads to a healthy mind.
21%
3. Both are valid.
68%

Total votes: 19

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: Health.

Postby copehead » 27 Jul 2011, 22:03

Phil T wrote:
Copehead wrote:I've got swollen salivary glands and it hurtrs when I eat

A Doctor replies:
"well, stop eating then"
:twisted:

I'm OK with wet food that doesn't need the production of too much saliva, thanks for your concern
Moorcock, Moorcock, Michael Moorcock, you fervently moan.

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

straw mimsy

Re: Health.

Postby straw mimsy » 27 Jul 2011, 22:49

Sea Of Tunes v2.0 wrote:See: constant pain in your left big toe will absolutely exert influence on the working of your mind. Up to the point where some of the mind's abilities get disabled.

Major depression, and anxiety disorders, can be caused by infections and inflammations that result from a deficit in the lining of your gut. True.

The reverse also is true. Depression can bring about imbalances in cytokines, which are messenger molecules in our immune/inflammation-related systems. And these imbalances can cause severe bodily problems, a.o. auto-immunity-related ones.

I am all for the wholistic approach. Our minds are fleeting systems without boundaries. That is because we perceive. And that which we perceive changes our mind, on a continuous basis.

I was just writing out a long BORING post in response to this, while the last statement is true, the rest are not Strictly true-- if I were you SoT, I would be a little bit careful making throw-away comments like this-- a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Return to “Nextdoorland”