Are you left handed, right handed or ambidextrous?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Handedness

Right handed
67%
Left handed
23%
Ambidextrous
10%
Amputee
No votes

Total votes: 39

CatnHat

Re: Are you left handed, right handed or ambidextrous?

Postby CatnHat » 24 May 2011, 19:02

Right.

polishgirl wrote::oops: I'm left handed. I'm a genetic freak because both my parents are/were right handed and as such, I'm like about 4% of cackhanders. Apparently.

My brother's like this, as both my parents are right handed as well. Always said he was odd..... :)
Beebsy wrote: I make up for it but being very funny, witty and having large boobs.

B

Postby B » 24 May 2011, 19:09

Left handed. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

quix

Postby quix » 24 May 2011, 20:36

i think it's odd the way a right handed person wears their watch on the left wrist and vice versa.

why? :?

sensi

Postby sensi » 24 May 2011, 20:42

quix wrote:i think it's odd the way a right handed person wears their watch on the left wrist and vice versa.

Because, if you're right handed, you don't use your left hand as much and there is less chance of it getting damaged...also you more than likely have your right hand in use when you need to look at your watch...an example would be the age old comedy sketch of looking at the time when you're holding a mug of tea.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 24 May 2011, 20:45

Left handed.

Things I do right handed:

Use a knife and fork
Play guitar/bass (to the extent that I can play them, which is pitifully at best)
Make tick marks - why on earth should a left handed person do this the wrong way round? I have no idea, but many do.

I don't do that holding-the-pen-at ninety-degrees-to-the-paper-when-I-write thing that my son does

jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Postby jude » 24 May 2011, 20:45

quix wrote:i think it's odd the way a right handed person wears their watch on the left wrist and vice versa.

Because it's easier to adjust using your strong hand, which would be impossible if the watch was on your, erm, strong wrist. :oops:

On a personal note, i do because i was taught that was the 'proper' wrist to wear it on, so that the dial it's adjusted with is on the outside, and therefore more accessible.
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

quix

Postby quix » 24 May 2011, 20:52

Jude wrote:

Because it's easier to adjust using your strong hand, which would be impossible if the watch was on your, erm, strong wrist. :oops:

On a personal note, i do because i was taught that was the 'proper' wrist to wear it on, so that the dial it's adjusted with is on the outside, and therefore more accessible.

oh yes! the reason. very clever! i've never tried to put my watch on my right hand so i've never thought of that. :D

so you're right handed and you wear your watch on your right hand?

that's weird. how do you adjust the strap? :D

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 24 May 2011, 20:53

I'm left handed. I don't wear a watch, but when I did, I wore it on my left wrist. If I wear a bracelet ( quite often), it's on my left wrist.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Postby jude » 24 May 2011, 20:55

quix wrote:so you're right handed and you wear your watch on your right hand?
No! Does anybody read what i write? :(

quix wrote:that's weird. how do you adjust the strap? :D
That's another great argument for not wearing a watch on your strong wrist. And possibly the main reason most people don't.
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 24 May 2011, 21:28

Right handed but I eat ambidextrously.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Magilla
Otago Mago

Postby Magilla » 24 May 2011, 23:45

I write left-handed, but hold a cricket bat, tennis racquet, etc, in my right hand. I can use eating utensils with either hand.
"U2 routinely spent a year in the studio...I have a theory: if you put four monkeys in the studio for a year with Lanois and Eno and Lillywhite, they would make a pretty good record, too."

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 24 May 2011, 23:49

Magilla wrote:I write left-handed, but hold a cricket bat, tennis racquet, etc, in my right hand. I can use eating utensils with either hand.

I can eat sans any utensils. I'm from Cornwall.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 25 May 2011, 02:48

Brian wrote:Left handed. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

It means you're artsy-fartsy. :)

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 25 May 2011, 02:50

I'm mainly right-handed, but do a few things left-handed.

I'm amazed at how many ambidexterous or partially-ambi people there are here. What does that mean? It's a site of super-geniuses?

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 25 May 2011, 10:56

That only the lefties and ambidextrous are replying to the thread, I think!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rated B

Postby Rated B » 25 May 2011, 11:02

Right, although I'm ok with my left. I can't write with it (no practice), but I'm also not a complete clogger with it.
And if I come in on a donkey, let me go out on a gurney

moonie

Postby moonie » 25 May 2011, 12:05

I am surprised at the number of lefties here actually. We're generally in a smaller minority. Unfortunately it's still a right handed world, baby...

Velvis
Mellowed down easy

Postby Velvis » 25 May 2011, 12:14

People say they play guitar right handed or left handed. But what does that really mean? It's a two handed job, and both hands are doing something that requires strength and dexterity.
a gibbon running freely

sensi

Postby sensi » 25 May 2011, 12:15

Velvis wrote:People say they play guitar right handed or left handed. But what does that really mean? It's a two handed job, and both hands are doing something that requires strength and dexterity.

I've two guitar players ion this house...Dave and our Andrew...Dave is left handed and Andrew is right handed...both can pick the others guitar up and get a tune out of it...it fascinates me

quix

Postby quix » 25 May 2011, 18:18

Velvis wrote:People say they play guitar right handed or left handed. But what does that really mean? It's a two handed job, and both hands are doing something that requires strength and dexterity.

yes that's true but... there's no way i could strum or fingerpick with my left hand. i'm right handed and i think my rhythm (and patterns in the case of fingerpicking) is in my right hand. unfortunately though strength is in my right hand also (especially as i've had two operations on my left wrist) so bar chords can be difficult sometimes over a sustained period.

i just couldn't play guitar the other way round. it would just feel all wrong!

Return to “Nextdoorland”