Square
14%
Circle
29%

Total votes: 14

Molony

Your favourite Playschool window

Postby Molony » 28 Feb 2011, 22:08

This has been a bone of contention between us for too long. Let's put it behind us.

Billybob Dylan
Bonehead

Re: Your favourite Playschool window

Postby Billybob Dylan » 28 Feb 2011, 22:29

The round window. It's like a porthole. Makes me feel like I'm at sea.
"I've been reduced to thruppence!"

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 28 Feb 2011, 23:08

The arch. No doubt.

It reminded me of fairy houses.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 28 Feb 2011, 23:19

Should we be looking for a version of The Wheels on the Bus on the next Molony album?
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 01 Mar 2011, 01:08

I was always disappointed when they picked a different window to the one I wanted.
Oddly though, over the last three months I've found it bothers me less.

Arthur Crud

Postby Arthur Crud » 01 Mar 2011, 06:29

Arched. It looks interesting.

Molony

Postby Molony » 01 Mar 2011, 06:34

The Modernist wrote:I was always disappointed when they picked a different window to the one I wanted.
Oddly though, over the last three months I've found it bothers me less.

:lol: I always suspected that we'd be shown the same footage regardless of which window would be chosen.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 01 Mar 2011, 06:41

The round window was where it was at. Anything else was madness.

straw mimsy

Postby straw mimsy » 01 Mar 2011, 08:05

I surprised myself, finding myself saying outloud "definitely arched". Best of both worlds.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 01 Mar 2011, 10:30

"today we're going to look at Brixton through....... the broken window."

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 01 Mar 2011, 19:04

what THE hell are y'all talking about?

... yer all on droogs, aren't yas?

Pigpen

Postby Pigpen » 01 Mar 2011, 19:35

The pentagram shaped window... :twisted:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:Do you cunts actually listen to this stuff for pleasure??! Holy fucking shit. I fell asleep (honestly) while I was listening to A, but anything, even a sleepy fart, is better than B.

JQW

Postby JQW » 01 Mar 2011, 21:01

kath wrote:what THE hell are y'all talking about?

I'm sure that someone was on drugs when this bit was filmed:

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 02 Mar 2011, 00:21

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/playschool/trivia.shtml

According to the above, the theme of the show was meant to give you a clue as to which window they'd pick.
This must have gone totally above my head as a kid, I thought it was just random!

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 02 Mar 2011, 07:13

The Modernist wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/playschool/trivia.shtml

According to the above, the theme of the show was meant to give you a clue as to which window they'd pick.
This must have gone totally above my head as a kid, I thought it was just random!

That went over my head too. What I had worked out, however was that when they showed the random series of shots of the windows, the last window shown was the one that was picked. Or maybe it was the second-last one, I can't really remember. There was definitely a pattern though.

kath

Postby kath » 03 Mar 2011, 17:02

JQW wrote:
kath wrote:what THE hell are y'all talking about?

I'm sure that someone was on drugs when this bit was filmed:

when i watch this, i can't help but see eric idle singing the worm song.

i guess i shouldn't talk about kiddie programming, however.

kath

Postby kath » 03 Mar 2011, 17:15

Hugh wrote:
The Modernist wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/playschool/trivia.shtml

That went over my head too. What I had worked out, however was that when they showed the random series of shots of the windows, the last window shown was the one that was picked. Or maybe it was the second-last one, I can't really remember. There was definitely a pattern though.

i think it's tricksy on a number of levels. i haven't ever watched a whole show, but just looking at this pic again...

...my first thought was: there's something verrrrry strange going on with those toys in front. you have a boat in front of the arched window. shouldn't the boat be in front of the porthole window? then you have the two animals in front of the square window. what are they... a horse and a cow, maybe. (i need glasses.) farm animals in front of a square window. seems kinda weird, having natural animals in front of such a square, gridlike, matrixy image, unless of course the square is a barn door or a stall. and then there's nothing in front of the round window, nada, zero...

as i was pondering these symbolic, visual clues, i hit the show link and found another damn windows pic...

... and the toy configuration is completely different. what does it mean? did the toys change each and every show? did they change during a show? did any of these changes in configuration give clues to the final window?

conclusion: the makers of this show just wanted to fucque with my head, with psychic malice aforethought.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 03 Mar 2011, 19:15

kath wrote:conclusion: the makers of this show just wanted to fucque with my head, with psychic malice aforethought.

I'm still theorising about these bloody windows 42 years after I watched the show. But that's okay. It is okay isn't it Kath? Tell me it's okay.

kath

Postby kath » 04 Mar 2011, 01:29

Hugh wrote:
kath wrote:conclusion: the makers of this show just wanted to fucque with my head, with psychic malice aforethought.

I'm still theorising about these bloody windows 42 years after I watched the show. But that's okay. It is okay isn't it Kath? Tell me it's okay.

of course, it's okayyyy, hugh. calm down. everything is okayyyy. even though it's all about the TOYS, you understand. the TOYS. fer fucque's sake. they're not RIGHT. keep the five hundred bucks, gotdammit. don't choose. (if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.)

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 04 Mar 2011, 07:07

kath wrote:
Hugh wrote:

of course, it's okayyyy, hugh. calm down. everything is okayyyy. even though it's all about the TOYS, you understand. the TOYS. fer fucque's sake. they're not RIGHT. keep the five hundred bucks, gotdammit. don't choose. (if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.)

You don't know how lucky you are. You probably haven't even seen Hamble. She is the embodiment of pure evil.

Return to “Nextdoorland”