men vs women

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

oh

men
8
31%
women
18
69%
 
Total votes: 26

Bungo the Mungo

men vs women

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 24 Feb 2011, 21:37

Men, of course.

Women are rubbish.

User avatar
Mr Maps
a drunk in a midnight choir
Posts: 14118
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:07
Location: The City of Trees in Canada's Ocean Playground

Re: men vs women

Postby Mr Maps » 24 Feb 2011, 21:40

All men are bastards. (Present company suspected)

Women!
nathan wrote:I realize there is a time and a place for unsexy music, but I personally have no time for it.


Django wrote: It's video clips of earnest post-rock I want, and I have little time for anything else.

19th biggest tosser on BCB

The Great DeFector

Re: men vs women

Postby The Great DeFector » 24 Feb 2011, 21:42

Women complain that men are too simple, men complain that women are too complicated. In reality, take the gender out of the equation, everybody loves a simple life. Says it all really.

Bungo the Mungo

Re: men vs women

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 24 Feb 2011, 21:43

Dr Markus wrote:Women complain that men are too simple, men complain that women are too complicated.


True, that. Had never thought of it that way before.




They say the way to win a woman's heart is to make her laugh. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

The Great DeFector

Re: men vs women

Postby The Great DeFector » 24 Feb 2011, 21:48

B. Eef wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:Women complain that men are too simple, men complain that women are too complicated.


True, that. Had never thought of it that way before.




They say the way to win a woman's heart is to make her laugh. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.


I agree about making a woman laugh, don't agree with the stomach argument.

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 38229
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: men vs women

Postby Charlie O. » 24 Feb 2011, 21:48

B. Eef wrote:They say the way to win a woman's heart is to make her laugh. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

I think the former qualifies as a "truism," at least. But what of the latter? Can anyone here offer any first-hand testimonials? I love to eat, but I've never been won over by a woman's cooking in my life!
Image

Bungo the Mungo

Re: men vs women

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 24 Feb 2011, 21:51

The making-you-laugh thing can of course work both ways. But funny women are rarer than funny men, right?

The Great DeFector

Re: men vs women

Postby The Great DeFector » 24 Feb 2011, 21:52

Jimmy Jazz wrote:That's sorted then. :lol: :lol:


We wish, wait till more women get here.

The Modernist

Re: men vs women

Postby The Modernist » 24 Feb 2011, 21:52

Charlie O. wrote:
B. Eef wrote:They say the way to win a woman's heart is to make her laugh. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

I think the former qualifies as a "truism," at least. But what of the latter? Can anyone here offer any first-hand testimonials? I love to eat, but I've never been won over by a woman's cooking in my life!


I have..but then I had to shag Fanny Craddock for ten years.

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 38229
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: men vs women

Postby Charlie O. » 24 Feb 2011, 21:54

B. Eef wrote:The making-you-laugh thing can of course work both ways. But funny women are rarer than funny men, right?

I think there is some kind of perceived social stigma there, but I've always liked funny women myself.
Image

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 44922
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: men vs women

Postby The Prof » 24 Feb 2011, 21:59

Dr Markus wrote:
B. Eef wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:Women complain that men are too simple, men complain that women are too complicated.


True, that. Had never thought of it that way before.




They say the way to win a woman's heart is to make her laugh. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.


I agree about making a woman laugh, don't agree with the stomach argument.


Cock - I think

User avatar
Nolamike
Posts: 13945
Joined: 05 Dec 2005, 21:31
Location: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
Contact:

Re: men vs women

Postby Nolamike » 24 Feb 2011, 22:01

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
B. Eef wrote:The making-you-laugh thing can of course work both ways. But funny women are rarer than funny men, right?


I am not sure if that works both ways. Funny often has a lot to do with quick wittedness. Am not sure
men are as patient with that as women are. Sense of humour of course but I doubt I would want to be with a
woman that behaves lioke the funny bloke in the pub all the time.


You mean you wouldn't want to be with a woman who likes to get drunk and talk about the nice ass the waitress has, while ogling the table of age-inappropriate ladies in the corner?
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.


Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

The Great DeFector

Re: men vs women

Postby The Great DeFector » 24 Feb 2011, 22:09

martha wrote:
B. Eef wrote:The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.


With a sharpened spoon.


MEEEEEE-OOOW
Image

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 60676
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: men vs women

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Feb 2011, 22:09

Threads like this make me think of this.

Image
OCT wrote:Roger Waters is a cunt and his music is fucking shit.

User avatar
Nolamike
Posts: 13945
Joined: 05 Dec 2005, 21:31
Location: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
Contact:

Re: men vs women

Postby Nolamike » 24 Feb 2011, 22:10

martha wrote:
B. Eef wrote:The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.


With a sharpened spoon.


Actually, the quickest way to a man's heart is to make a quick incision on the chest, and crack open the ribcage. Unless you're this guy:

Image
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.


Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

The Great DeFector

Re: men vs women

Postby The Great DeFector » 24 Feb 2011, 22:10

sloopjohnc wrote:Threads like this make me think of this.

Image


Does not being allowed to join still hurt?

User avatar
Silent Bob
Posts: 3760
Joined: 18 Sep 2003, 23:15
Location: Kwik Stop

Re: men vs women

Postby Silent Bob » 24 Feb 2011, 22:22

Women complain that child birth is the worst pain in the world. Being kicked hard in the balls is.

How do I make this deduction?

After about 6 months again, a woman may want to have another baby.

Have you ever heard of a man being asked to be kicked really hard in the balls again?

Women are loons.
The picture you see is no portrait of me

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 28857
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: men vs women

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Feb 2011, 22:31

Silent Bob wrote:
Have you ever heard of a man being asked to be kicked really hard in the balls?.


Aye.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

straw mimsy

Re: men vs women

Postby straw mimsy » 24 Feb 2011, 22:52

I've just made it even.

I don't think I've ever even heard of a woman complaining a man was too simple. They never get that far, they are always too busy over complicating situations pretending there are all sorts of signals and thoughts going through a man's head which just aren't there.

I am so glad I am a woman, because at least I don't have to date them.

As to the way to a man's heart...
I actually do have hard evidence, I had three men ask me where I was when they were "single", "15 years younger" etc, from the same carrot cake. Men get all swoony when you bake. Someone forced me to stop baking for my housemates because one was getting entirely the wrong idea.

Yes I would probably fall for a guy who made me laugh, but surely if someone makes you laugh it means you're somehow on the same wavelength? So it makes sense, right?

Bungo the Mungo

Re: men vs women

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 24 Feb 2011, 22:54

All mimsy wrote:
Yes I would probably fall for a guy who made me laugh, but surely if someone makes you laugh it means you're somehow on the same wavelength? So it makes sense, right?


Yes. That's why I asked if it worked the other way around. Yet it's always phrased that way - as if it's the men's 'job' sometimes.