MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jumper K

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jumper K » 16 Sep 2020, 07:45

Jimbly wrote:
kath wrote:
Jimbly wrote:House move just got real. Out by middle of next week, rent for a month while we sort out our new place. So, thank God my gout has returned for the second time in three weeks.

oh lorddd. best of luck with all of it.

it took me months... months... to pack up my house of twenty years, really only with my son's help, and move it all down to new orleans. i had five cats in carriers in the back of my car when the a/c conked out in meridian, mississippi. it was, shall we say, rough.

but i didn't hafta do it all with gout.

::smack::

thanks Kath

half the house is already in storage, I've not seen my cds or blurays since February, hopefully we'll manage. The meds working very quickly, so fingers crossed.

The 6 month rule applies Jim. Time to let all cds and blu-rays go. :lol:

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 16 Sep 2020, 07:48

We had sold before the lockdown but the buyers pulled out after the easing. Back on the market and sold in a couple of weeks. We gutted the house before it went on the market and made it very generic. It seemed to work ok. Loads of cushions on the beds which are totally impractical. It looked like nobody breathed in the house never mind lived there.

After the easing the market went bonkers. Not so much price wise but houses moving really quickly. There have been 6 sold in our street in the two months. It has slowed down a bit now.

Only regret is that some of the kids that we had won't be able to come back for a last visit and a sleepover which we had planned originally.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 16 Sep 2020, 07:49

Jumper K wrote:
Jimbly wrote:
kath wrote:
oh lorddd. best of luck with all of it.

it took me months... months... to pack up my house of twenty years, really only with my son's help, and move it all down to new orleans. i had five cats in carriers in the back of my car when the a/c conked out in meridian, mississippi. it was, shall we say, rough.

but i didn't hafta do it all with gout.

::smack::

thanks Kath

half the house is already in storage, I've not seen my cds or blurays since February, hopefully we'll manage. The meds working very quickly, so fingers crossed.

The 6 month rule applies Jim. Time to let all cds and blu-rays go. :lol:

Getting them back is the only thing keeping me going Frank.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 16 Sep 2020, 13:22

I borrowed Baron's bike to cycle to work this morning as mine had a flat. I haven't ridden it before, and the gears are a mystery. At 6am I was cycling through some of Austin's more "interesting" districts of small motels and in an effort to get off the road, found myself hurtling at pace towards a woman in a nightie outside a dimly lit motel room. In what seemed like slow motion she looked at me wide eyed and her hand went into her bag and thinking I was going to get shot. I started shouting "I'm a woman! I'm a woman!" and zoomed past her as she lit up the cigarette she was reaching for and watched me cycle out of sight.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 16 Sep 2020, 13:26

Minnie the Minx wrote:I borrowed Baron's bike to cycle to work this morning as mine had a flat. I haven't ridden it before, and the gears are a mystery. At 6am I was cycling through some of Austin's more "interesting" districts of small motels and in an effort to get off the road, found myself hurtling at pace towards a woman in a nightie outside a dimly lit motel room. In what seemed like slow motion she looked at me wide eyed and her hand went into her bag and thinking I was going to get shot. I started shouting "I'm a woman! I'm a woman!" and zoomed past her as she lit up the cigarette she was reaching for and watched me cycle out of sight.

I know you aren’t used to it, but the brakes on my bike are in working order.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 16 Sep 2020, 14:40

Minnie the Minx wrote:I borrowed Baron's bike to cycle to work this morning as mine had a flat. I haven't ridden it before, and the gears are a mystery. At 6am I was cycling through some of Austin's more "interesting" districts of small motels and in an effort to get off the road, found myself hurtling at pace towards a woman in a nightie outside a dimly lit motel room. In what seemed like slow motion she looked at me wide eyed and her hand went into her bag and thinking I was going to get shot. I started shouting "I'm a woman! I'm a woman!" and zoomed past her as she lit up the cigarette she was reaching for and watched me cycle out of sight.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 17 Sep 2020, 13:30

I've just unashamedly poached my next door neighbour's window cleaner, (once he'd done hers first of course.)
Boy, did they need it - double glazing installed 2013 and I've only done them once since.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 18 Sep 2020, 17:37

Weather permitting, this weekend will bring the long overdue attention to our raised beds, which have been growing spectacular cacti and weeds for the past two years. This month is apparently beet, turnip and carrot planting month, and once we have dug all the raccoon shit sodden old soil out, we can replace it with the hippy garden shop soil, which I think they will bring in a big truck and everything!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 18 Sep 2020, 19:16

I am shattered, only three days into the new term.

Six String

Postby Six String » 18 Sep 2020, 21:08

Yesterday we saw blue sky for the first time in over a month. Today I was sittingin my living room facing towards my southern windows and noticed how bright it was suddenly getting and then I realized that I had been used to the sunshine being stunted by the smoke and haze in the air. Thanks to some southwesterly breezes the smoke has been pushed out of the valley. The bad thing is that it went somewhere, mostly toward the Sierra foothills east of me. Lake Tahoe skies looked like what ours have been for the last many weeks.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » Yesterday, 17:00

Six String wrote:Yesterday we saw blue sky for the first time in over a month. Today I was sittingin my living room facing towards my southern windows and noticed how bright it was suddenly getting and then I realized that I had been used to the sunshine being stunted by the smoke and haze in the air. Thanks to some southwesterly breezes the smoke has been pushed out of the valley. The bad thing is that it went somewhere, mostly toward the Sierra foothills east of me. Lake Tahoe skies looked like what ours have been for the last many weeks.

Crazy stuff. We’ve been thinking of you!

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » Yesterday, 17:01

We are having our first haircuts since March tomorrow. The hairdresser is coming to our house, where the plan was to cut hair outside on the porch as it's now getting a little cooler and it's bearable outside. However, rain is forecast, so I have bought this fucking outside canopy we can sit under in silence (less talking the better) while squirrels watch on with interest. What a performance, but necessary. My hair is completely out of control.

Dr Markus wrote:

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » Yesterday, 17:51

Minnie the Minx wrote:We are having our first haircuts since March tomorrow. The hairdresser is coming to our house, where the plan was to cut hair outside on the porch as it's now getting a little cooler and it's bearable outside. However, rain is forecast, so I have bought this fucking outside canopy we can sit under in silence (less talking the better) while squirrels watch on with interest. What a performance, but necessary. My hair is completely out of control.

Like Samson, you will lose all your powers.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » Yesterday, 17:58

Positive Passion wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:We are having our first haircuts since March tomorrow. The hairdresser is coming to our house, where the plan was to cut hair outside on the porch as it's now getting a little cooler and it's bearable outside. However, rain is forecast, so I have bought this fucking outside canopy we can sit under in silence (less talking the better) while squirrels watch on with interest. What a performance, but necessary. My hair is completely out of control.

Like Samson, you will lose all your powers.

On the contrary. My new and angular cut will enable me to punch my fist through breeze block.

Dr Markus wrote:

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » Yesterday, 18:32

Reluctantly I agreed to Mrs Boom cutting my hair outside yesterday and the electric clippers ran out of charge half way thru, the charger could not be found and a new one had to be ordered from Amazon whilst I wander the house with half a haircut.