Roddy Lumsden

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Livet
'progressively malty'
Posts: 3206
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:19
Location: The Glen

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby Livet » 11 Jan 2020, 23:10

I'm so sorry to hear this. RIP Roddy.
The crazy music drives you insane

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57234
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby C » 11 Jan 2020, 23:53

Met him at JUs a few times - a lovely, gentle man

Sad news

RIP Roddy





.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68937
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Jan 2020, 00:30

echolalia wrote:The funeral will be in Honor Oak Park - if that's remotely your neck of the woods Pete please consider going. Everyone in range, please do the same.


I think Honour Oak is by The Slider's place?
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

User avatar
The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia
Posts: 45900
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby The Prof » 12 Jan 2020, 01:27

I knew he’d been ill but his still comes as a shock. RIP Roddy.

User avatar
trans-chigley express
Posts: 18464
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 01:50
Location: Asia's WC

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby trans-chigley express » 12 Jan 2020, 03:16

Shocked to hear this. I met him just the once and was a lovely guy and seemed to be a very talented poet

RiP RcL Roddy

Sam Stone
Posts: 1894
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby Sam Stone » 12 Jan 2020, 11:26

Never met Roddy, but always read his posts as they were so clearly thought-through and well written.

Shocked to find he was 11 years younger than me. No age at all to go

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57234
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby C » 12 Jan 2020, 18:58










.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
Obvious Alf
never knowingly insightful
Posts: 471
Joined: 06 Mar 2004, 15:15
Location: In a bit of a tizzie.

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby Obvious Alf » 12 Jan 2020, 22:17

C wrote:

.


He was no Neil Peart.
It takes all sorts.

User avatar
echolalia
Posts: 4754
Joined: 21 Jul 2006, 02:23
Location: Way Out West

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby echolalia » 14 Jan 2020, 18:45

BBC Radio 4's Front Row show at 7.15 UK time tonight (in about half an hour, in other words) will be remembering Roddy, should anyone care to tune in.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31273
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby Minnie the Minx » 14 Jan 2020, 21:05

echolalia wrote:BBC Radio 4's Front Row show at 7.15 UK time tonight (in about half an hour, in other words) will be remembering Roddy, should anyone care to tune in.


Damn I missed this. I’ll see if it is on Listen Again. Thanks.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock
Posts: 47102
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:05
Location: I'm only here for the sneer
Contact:

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby The Slider » 15 Jan 2020, 23:39

echolalia wrote:The funeral will be in Honor Oak Park - if that's remotely your neck of the woods Pete please consider going. Everyone in range, please do the same.


As you know it very much is, although I am going to be away for the best part of two weeks now
Let us know when it is if you can please
The Complete Slade Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one.
Image

User avatar
echolalia
Posts: 4754
Joined: 21 Jul 2006, 02:23
Location: Way Out West

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby echolalia » 16 Jan 2020, 10:40

So, the funeral will be at Honor Oak Crematorium, 1:45 pm on Monday 10 February. (Which strikes me as a very long time away, but it was the first "double slot" available, apparently.)

All are welcome! Let's give him a big fat send-off.

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51385
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby Butch Manly » 16 Jan 2020, 11:16

Minnie the Minx wrote:
echolalia wrote:BBC Radio 4's Front Row show at 7.15 UK time tonight (in about half an hour, in other words) will be remembering Roddy, should anyone care to tune in.


Damn I missed this. I’ll see if it is on Listen Again. Thanks.



https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000d71p

Listen from 25:45, Anna.

Mark, I'll try to be there.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock
Posts: 47102
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:05
Location: I'm only here for the sneer
Contact:

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby The Slider » 16 Jan 2020, 20:22

echolalia wrote:So, the funeral will be at Honor Oak Crematorium, 1:45 pm on Monday 10 February. (Which strikes me as a very long time away, but it was the first "double slot" available, apparently.)

All are welcome! Let's give him a big fat send-off.


I will try and if I can I will
The Complete Slade Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one.
Image

User avatar
Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 44019
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby Dr. Baron » 23 Jan 2020, 03:38

This is worth a few minutes (I saw it on Twitter)

https://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2020/01/2 ... w-and-then
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
echolalia
Posts: 4754
Joined: 21 Jul 2006, 02:23
Location: Way Out West

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby echolalia » 08 Feb 2020, 20:03

Just a reminder before I fly up to Blighty: Roddy's funeral is at Honor Oak Crematorium, 1:45 pm, Monday 10 February. Try to be there!

Six String
Posts: 20906
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby Six String » 08 Feb 2020, 21:56

Still Baron wrote:This is worth a few minutes (I saw it on Twitter)

https://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2020/01/2 ... w-and-then


I finally got around to reading this. Beautiful, thanks for the link.

User avatar
Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope
Posts: 16256
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 16:36
Location: ,Location, Location

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby Corporate whore » 09 Feb 2020, 09:01

echolalia wrote:Just a reminder before I fly up to Blighty: Roddy's funeral is at Honor Oak Crematorium, 1:45 pm, Monday 10 February. Try to be there!


I will be there as long as the trains are running from here to London. Hope the weather breaks soon as they are expecting flooding further down the valley.
Image

User avatar
echolalia
Posts: 4754
Joined: 21 Jul 2006, 02:23
Location: Way Out West

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby echolalia » 09 Feb 2020, 11:50

Corporate whore wrote:I will be there as long as the trains are running from here to London. Hope the weather breaks soon as they are expecting flooding further down the valley.

Good luck! I’m stuck in Lisbon airport, flight to Gatwick cancelled, now booked on a flight to Luton but it should have taken off an hour ago... :-(

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 8117
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: Roddy Lumsden

Postby Flower » 09 Feb 2020, 12:49

I regret that our paths never crossed. I can see that he was an amazing person and left us too soon. Sincere condolences to his friends, family and loved ones. May he rest in peace.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.