Footy
3%

Total votes: 278

Samoan

Re: BCBs current biggest cunts

Postby Samoan » 16 Apr 2018, 21:30

Fonz wrote:
Samoan wrote:
The Modernist wrote:I hope the BCB misogynists are proud of themselves with their vote for Minnie.

Ta for raising the issue, G.
I'm afraid I didn't have the bottle to comment earlier on Why ("Goat Boy") she was on the list in the first place, (or why she got votes ) as I'd only have come across Miss Prunes and Prisms.
I'm not a fan of the word, used publically and derogatively where females are concerned.

I've been less than happy in the past when a bloke on the board called me that name and I had to wrestle a retraction +/- apology out of him.

Just to play Devil's Advocate, once you join in with a thread that announces itself fairly bluntly with 'the word in question', why should it matter what sex the accused is, and why is it necessarily a mysogynistic thing to vote for Minnie?
(To be clear, I didn't).
But, she voices her opinions as loudly as anyone else on the board, and is as quick to judge others as, for example, DD.
Is there a double standard?

I shall take the matter under advisement.
bobzilla77 wrote:Those people who say the guitars sound like bagpipes have never really listened to bagpipes.

The Beatles
hounds people off the board

Postby The Beatles » 16 Apr 2018, 21:30

Crikey!
the Fred Dinenage of bees! wrote:BCB is boring bald men stroking each other's cocks while recommending Alan Parsons Project bootlegs

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Apr 2018, 22:15

You been reading secret seven novels to your class?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Apr 2018, 22:43

Can we change the thread title to "BCB's current biggest dicks?"

And add a fucking apostrophe.

We've had this discussion about the word "cunt" before. It is pretty much taboo in the US to use it towards a woman and it's not used very much in general. I think most Americans have agreed in the past.

Before coming onto BCB, I bet I'd heard the word used five or six times at most.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 16 Apr 2018, 22:56

sloopjohnc wrote:Can we change the thread title to "BCB's current biggest dicks?"

No.

This is BCB.
LeBaron wrote:
Jimbo wrote:I will read your link but it seems you only read my poor synopsis and not the article, otherwise you''d say more than just insult my cred

I read the article, which was nonsense.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Apr 2018, 23:03

Goat Boy wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Can we change the thread title to "BCB's current biggest dicks?"

No.

This is BCB.

:lol:

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 17 Apr 2018, 02:27

sloopjohnc wrote:I don't get the misogyny comment by Modernist on Minnie. Granted, there aren't many female members on here, but if the poll included all the woman and a few guys, I would think the claim is justified.

It's like 20 dudes and one woman. How the hell is that misogynistic? If anything, the poll is more misandristic than misogynistic.

I know Moddie and Minnie are buds from way back, but like I wrote, I don't get the claim.

It's perfectly simple. She is winning a nasty, name calling poll, even though she has done very little to deserve such a thing. Do you think she should be leading this? Of course she shouldn't but she is
As usual the people that voted for her will hide behind their computers rather than confess publicly.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 17 Apr 2018, 06:54

She wasn’t winning until people started complaining about her presence on the list!
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 17 Apr 2018, 08:52

Jeez, you guys crack me up.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 17 Apr 2018, 08:54

The Modernist wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:I don't get the misogyny comment by Modernist on Minnie. Granted, there aren't many female members on here, but if the poll included all the woman and a few guys, I would think the claim is justified.

It's like 20 dudes and one woman. How the hell is that misogynistic? If anything, the poll is more misandristic than misogynistic.

I know Moddie and Minnie are buds from way back, but like I wrote, I don't get the claim.

It's perfectly simple. She is winning a nasty, name calling poll, even though she has done very little to deserve such a thing. Do you think she should be leading this? Of course she shouldn't but she is
As usual the people that voted for her will hide behind their computers rather than confess publicly.

I voted for her because she is the only person on here I have ever had to put on ignore and that annoyed me bigly because when not carrying on a one sided war or words with me she is a highly entertaining poster.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

gash on ignore
cultural defective

Postby gash on ignore » 17 Apr 2018, 09:25

Bad news G, I’ve just PM-ed The Prof and he’s confirmed Minnie voted for you :(
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I could of course be talking bollocks... let's see what any musicians have to say

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 Apr 2018, 12:45

The Modernist wrote:

DD is still winning.

I’d like to think that people take such polls in the irreverent spirit they are intended and see it more as a thread to offload a bit, to take the piss, let off some steam and maybe pause for a bit of BCB self-reflection, that’s all. Clearly not.

The votes are always dodgy. A mixture of genuine “I don’t like you and think you’re a bit of a BCB cunt” and jokey, throwaway ones. Nick has 9 for chrissakes (presumably from BCB lefties irate at Our takeover). Coan commented as to what makes someone a “cunt” but nobody picked up on it but maybe that could have led to some interesting points of view as to what irritates people on message boards. I find that sorta thing interesting anyway. So much goes unsaid on the board and I’m just the kind of fella that likes to get things out there a bit, you know? I appreciate not everybody sees it that way and being Scottish my use of the c-word may bother some folk but, I yam what’s I yam.

The fact that Minnie being second raises comment but moi being joint third with fucking Jimbo doesn’t is outrageous by the way!

I certainly will not be changing the thread title for future iterations either. Solly (not solly)
Last edited by Goat Boy on 17 Apr 2018, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
LeBaron wrote:
Jimbo wrote:I will read your link but it seems you only read my poor synopsis and not the article, otherwise you''d say more than just insult my cred

I read the article, which was nonsense.

gash on ignore
cultural defective

Postby gash on ignore » 17 Apr 2018, 12:47

You are BCBs own St Francis of Assisi.

Diamond Dog wrote:I could of course be talking bollocks... let's see what any musicians have to say

gash on ignore
cultural defective

Postby gash on ignore » 17 Apr 2018, 13:05

My votes 8-)

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 17 Apr 2018, 13:14

I'm quite offended now, I presumed my vote was from you. C'mon, which cunt here hates me?

I didn't vote for anyone. Not even fange or hatz.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

gash on ignore
cultural defective

Postby gash on ignore » 17 Apr 2018, 13:16

You were only ever a temporary cunt.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 17 Apr 2018, 13:22

Darkness_Fish wrote:I'm quite offended now, I presumed my vote was from you. C'mon, which cunt here hates me?

Do you have any family or friends on bcb maybe?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

gash on ignore
cultural defective

Postby gash on ignore » 17 Apr 2018, 13:27

Why narrow it down to BCB?

fange

Postby fange » 17 Apr 2018, 13:31

Darkness_Fish wrote:I'm quite offended now, I presumed my vote was from you. C'mon, which cunt here hates me?

Hey, i thought mine was from you! :x Right, i haven't voted, but you've got another coming your way soon D_F.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 17 Apr 2018, 13:36

Goat Boy wrote:DD is still winning.

Minnie has mysteriously lost two votes since this morning...
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.